ECT You Must Work Out Your Salvation

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The Greek word is translated "deliver" in the following verse:

"For he supposed his brethren would have understood how that God by his hand would deliver them: but they understood not" (Acts 7:25).​

The Greek word translated as "deliver" in Acts 7:25 could just as validly have been translated as "saved," as it is done here in the Biblos Interlinear Bible: https://biblehub.com/interlinear/acts/7-25.htm

They were delivered from famine, starvation, and death. In other words, "...God by his hand would save them..."

Last edited:

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Rome certainly teaches that no one can be saved apart from good works

That is a false statement. Your constant misrepresentation of Catholic teachings reflects your deep dishonesty and willingness to just lie repeatedly.

Of course the "gospel" which was preached by the Twelve at Luke 9:6 cannot possibly be the same gospel that declares "Christ died for our sins" because when they preached that gospel they didn't even know that the Lord Jesus was going to die (Lk.18:33-34).

But God knew, and he inspired the Scriptures.

The way you view the Bible is so flawed and erroneous that I seriously question your IQ level. Seriously. You repeat lies over and over and are impervious to any common sense. What is wrong with you.

Bishop Fulton Sheen must have had you in mind when he said, "There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church — which is, of course, quite a different thing."

Jerry Shugart

The Greek word translated as "deliver" in Acts 7:25 could just as validly have been translated as "saved," as it is done here in the Biblos Interlinear Bible: https://biblehub.com/interlinear/acts/7-25.htm

They were delivered from famine, starvation, and death. In other words, "...God by his hand would save them..."

Yes, and Philippians 2:12 is speaking about being saved from suffering. But let's let the Lord Jesus settle the issue because according to Him anyone who believes is saved:

"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life" (Jn.6:47).​

I've addressed the verse you wanted me to address so now it is your turn to address the Lord Jesus' words in that verse.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
But let's let the Lord Jesus settle the issue because according to Him anyone who believes is saved:
"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life" (Jn.6:47).​

I've addressed the verse you wanted me to address so now it is your turn to address the Lord Jesus' words in that verse.

In Galatians 2:7, Paul refers to his "gospel of the uncircumcision" and Peter's "gospel of the circumcision". What is the difference between these two gospels?

Jerry Shugart

That is a false statement.

No it's not. I said that Rome teaches that no one can be saved apart from good works and that is exactly what we read in the following Catechism of the Catholic Church:

2008 The merit of man before God in the Christian life arises from the fact that God has freely chosen to associate man with the work of his grace. The fatherly action of God is first on his own initiative, and then follows man's free acting through his collaboration, so that the merit of good works is to be attributed in the first place to the grace of God, then to the faithful.

You don't even know what Rome teaches about salvation. And you sure don't know what the Lord Jesus teaches about the same subject.

Jerry Shugart

In Galatians 2:7, Paul refers to his "gospel of the uncircumcision" and Peter's "gospel of the circumcision". What is the difference between these two gospels?

I've addressed the verse you wanted me to address so now it is your turn to address the Lord Jesus' words here:

"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life" (Jn.6:47).

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I've addressed the verse you wanted me to address so now it is your turn to address the Lord Jesus' words here:

"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life" (Jn.6:47).

What is there to address? The statement stands on its own.

But if there is more than one gospel, what is the difference between them?

Jerry Shugart

What is there to address? The statement stands on its own.

But if there is more than one gospel, what is the difference between them?

So you believe that faith alone results in salvation?

The gospel of the circumcision states that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and every Jew who believed that truth were saved (1 Jn.5:1-5, Jn.20:30-31).

The gospel of the uncircumcision states that the Lord Jesus died for our sins, and all those who believe that truth are saved (1 Cor.15:-4).

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

The difference is that the Gospel of the Circumcision committed to Peter was the New Covenant God was going to make with Israel and Israel alone, whereas the Gospel of the Uncircumcision was the mystery revealed to Paul first, who then preached it to the world, that mystery being that one is saved by grace through faith, and not of works, a dispensation of Grace, rather than Law.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
The difference is that the Gospel of the Circumcision committed to Peter was the New Covenant God was going to make with Israel and Israel alone, whereas the Gospel of the Uncircumcision was the mystery revealed to Paul first, who then preached it to the world, that mystery being that one is saved by grace through faith, and not of works, a dispensation of Grace, rather than Law.

This insanity about different Gospels for different people has no place in real Christianity. It is the ranting of fringe groups that are not part of real Christianity.

There is ONE GOOD NEWS, that Jesus came to take unto him the sin of the world. And the recipient of that news is THE WHOLE WORLD.

Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus"

One Bible, One Human Race, One God, One ospel, One Baptism, One Faith.

Yeesh.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
This insanity

Neither an appeal to ridicule nor to the stone will make your claim correct.

about different Gospels for different people has no place in real Christianity.

Saying it doesn't make it so, and in fact, it has been shown repeatedly over the years on this very forum that there ARE different gospels for different groups of people.

It is the ranting of fringe groups that are not part of real Christianity.

Keep in mind that you're posting on one of those "fringe groups's" forums, and that this is a MAINLINE Christian board.

There is ONE GOOD NEWS,

Well, no, there is MORE than just one.

The GOSPEL OF the Kingdom.
The GOSPEL OF the Circumcision.
The GOSPEL OF the Uncircumcision.
The GOSPEL OF Jesus Christ.

In other words: Saying there is only one good news does not make it so, and is in fact false.

that Jesus came to take unto him the sin of the world. And the recipient of that news is THE WHOLE WORLD.

Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus"

One Bible, One Human Race, One God, One ospel, One Baptism, One Faith.

Yeesh.

So, let's say for the sake of your argument (which is sorely lacking, by the way) that your position is true.

Here is the question that arises:

Why the need for Paul?

Jerry Shugart

That is one gospel.

Use your brain. The good news that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, is not the same good news that the Lord Jesus died for our sins.

If you cannot understand something that simple then you have no business on this forum.

I will ask you again, Do you believe that faith alone results in salvation?

Jerry Shugart

This insanity about different Gospels for different people has no place in real Christianity.

You know nothing about real Christianity.

The "gospel" which was preached by the Twelve at Luke 9:6 cannot possibly be the same gospel that declares "Christ died for our sins" because when they preached that gospel they didn't even know that the Lord Jesus was going to die (Lk.18:33-34).

Of course you don't answer Scriptures because your faith is built on what Rome teaches and not on the Scriptures themselves.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Use your brain. The good news that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, is not the same good news that the Lord Jesus died for our sins.

If you cannot understand something that simple then you have no business on this forum.

Cool your head a bit.

Are you saying that post-Ascension, Peter and Paul both taught the exact same gospel?

Jerry Shugart

Ok, go ahead.

Paul himself preached two different gospels. One was based on what OT prophecies revealed:

"Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures, concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead" (Ro.1:1-4).​

When Paul preached in the synagogues he preached the following:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).​

On the other hand, when Paul preached to the Gentiles the gospel he preached is described as being a "mystery" or something which had not been revealed in the OT:

"Now to him who is able to establish you in accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim about Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith" (Ro.16:25-26).​

Here Paul speaks about that gospel:

"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory" (1 Cor.2:7).

So the gospel which Paul preached in the synagogues was a gospel which had been revealed in the OT and the one which he preached to the Getiles had been kept secret.