ECT The 4 major Christian baptisms

ZacharyB

Just a quick look

Baptism into the church (salvation) --- the Holy Spirit is the baptiser (1 Cor 12:13)
This refers to being “born again (from above)” with the Holy Spirit entering the person.
7 verses say the Holy Spirit takes up residence INSIDE the believer.

Baptism in water (symbolic demonstration of faith) --- man does the baptising
Jesus died to self, went down under the earth, was resurrected with a new incorruptible body.
We are to die to self, go down under the water, come up a new man ready to live a new life.
Paul said, “Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel” (1 Corinthians 1:17).

Baptism with the Holy Spirit (mostly power for ministry) --- Jesus is the baptiser
John the Baptist proclaimed that Jesus is the One who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.
The baptism with the Holy Spirit comes after being born again (or at the same time).
7 verses say the Holy Spirit comes UPON the believer.

Baptism with fire (extreme suffering for the gospel’s sake) --- Jesus is the baptiser
John the Baptist proclaimed that Jesus is the One who baptizes with fire.

All of the baptisms are glorious blessings, even the baptism with fire:
“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake” (Matthew 5:10).

musterion

Just a quick look

Baptism into the church (salvation) --- the Holy Spirit is the baptiser (1 Cor 12:13)
This refers to being “born again (from above)” with the Holy Spirit entering the person.

Jesus died to self, went down under the earth, was resurrected with a new incorruptible body.
We are to die to self, go down under the water, come up a new man ready to live a new life.
Paul said, “Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel” (1 Corinthians 1:17).

Baptism with the Holy Spirit (mostly power for ministry) --- Jesus is the baptiser
John the Baptist proclaimed that Jesus is the One who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.
The baptism with the Holy Spirit comes after being born again (or at the same time).

Baptism with fire (extreme suffering for the gospel’s sake) --- Jesus is the baptiser

Figures you would leave out Eph 4:5, which says there is but ONE (and waterless) baptism that counts today.

And by the way, there's upwards of 14 distinct baptisms in Scripture, most of which do not involve water.

http://www.graceambassadors.com/downloads/vlbaptisms.pdf

Cross Reference

Just a quick look

Try believing that the baptism with fire is a cleansing that happens by a "consuming fire" of everything of the flesh that hinders one's relationship with God.

Cross Reference

Just a quick look

Have you finished with understanding the three manifestations of the Holy Spirit?

DAN P

Figures you would leave out Eph 4:5, which says there is but ONE (and waterless) baptism that counts today.

And by the way, there's upwards of 14 distinct baptisms in Scripture, most of which do not involve water.

http://www.graceambassadors.com/downloads/vlbaptisms.pdf

Hi and he left out 1 Cor 15:29 , baptism for the dead !!

And , those who were baptizied into Moses the sea and the cloud , 1 Cor 10:2 !!

the Greek word translaid BAPTISM is really the Greek word BAPTISMA , so he should tell us what that means !!

dan p

Last edited:

ZacharyB

Try believing that the baptism with fire is a cleansing that happens by a "consuming fire" of everything of the flesh that hinders one's relationship with God.
You're free to make up all kinds of stuff before your retirement,
butski I was referring to ...

Jesus asks His 12 disciples if they are able and willing to be martyrs after Him …
“Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink, and be baptized with the
baptism that I am baptized with? … You will indeed drink My cup, and be baptized
with the baptism that I am baptized with …” (Matthew 20:22-23, Mark 10:38-39)

Cross Reference

You're free to make up all kinds of stuff before your retirement,
butski I was referring to ...

Jesus asks His 12 disciples if they are able and willing to be martyrs after Him …
“Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink, and be baptized with the
baptism that I am baptized with? … You will indeed drink My cup, and be baptized
with the baptism that I am baptized with …” (Matthew 20:22-23, Mark 10:38-39)

What's with your snottiness in this?? Jesus does the baptizing of His disciples and they must desire it!

I want the fire of His baptism to "consume" anything in my life that hinders my relationship with Him. I should think you would want the same thing for yourself . . before you retire . . permanently!

Cross Reference

'Cause I'm tired of your attitude.
I thought @ one time you said you were Pentecostal. True or false?
Thanks.

You have no reason to be tired of anything, certainly not my attitude. I think you are simply an immature Christian stuck on himself; on an ego trip and frustrated because your engine keeps running out of oil..

ZacharyB

You're welcome.
You are hereby disqualified for refusing to clarify
if you are Pentecostal.
This was necessary for me
to know where you were re: this particular OP topic.

You have written some crazy stuff in the past and
that's why I joked a few times that you should slide
into retirement due to old age. No doubt you will
continue trying to teach some of the people here,
who are much more messed up than you are.

Cross Reference

You are hereby disqualified for refusing to clarify
if you are Pentecostal. This was necessary for me
to know where you were re: this particular OP topic.
You have written some crazy stuff in the past and
that's why I joked a few times that you should slide
into retirement due to old age. No doubt you will
continue attempting to teach some of the people here,
who are much more messed up than you are.

I am tired of repeating myself to you just to have you use it against me or play dumb. Grow up. Connect the dots on your own time.

fzappa13

Ahem :readthis:

Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

ZacharyB

One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
IMO, Paul meant there is one baptism into ...
salvation, the body of Christ, the church!

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body —
whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free —
and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.

fzappa13

IMO, Paul meant there is one baptism into ...
salvation, the body of Christ, the church!

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body —
whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free —
and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.

Baptism is a symbol. A prophetic symbol. Until you understand that you will remain in the dark as to it's meaning. That which is real has it essence in to spiritual realm. That essence casts a shadow into the physical realm. Earthly baptism is a shadow of that thing which it represents. Do not confuse the shadow with that thing that casts the shadow. Lay hands on the substance and quit grasping at the shadow. You'll be glad you did.

...oh, and you forgot my favorite baptism.

Eph 5:24 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,