ECT What is Preterism

musterion

Preterism can be found being taught by the early church fathers.

Wolves who taught increasingly blatant forms of works salvation and sacramentalism within 100 years of Paul's death. You'll claim anyone because you're a desperate fool.

Preterism cannot be traced to one man like Dispensationalism.

Yes indeed, it can be traced back to the apostle Paul but he did not invent it. He was given this dispensation by God.

Just remember, cults are started by one man, Dispensationalism was started by one man.

God is a dispensationalist. He invented it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Notice how mysteryboy and/or Danoh won't explain Luke 19:43-33?

How and why is a third temple destroyed, and the people of the third temple punished for what the people of the second temple did?

musterion

So how 'bout those towers finally falling a couple hundred years later?

Tet refuses to let it enter his mind. Instead he tries to engage me, doting about questions, to distract from his not answering it. That's why I log off now. :)

Danoh

Wrong again mysteryboy.

Preterism can be found being taught by the early church fathers.

Preterism cannot be traced to one man like Dispensationalism.

Just remember, cults are started by one man, Dispensationalism was started by one man.

That's rich most, if not all the ECF, held to the works for salvation nonsense.

And you've long lost what ever crediblity you have deluded yourself into hoping for.

You skirted that question about the that wall and three towers several times.

Attempting an answer only to be proven the weasal you actually are when proven you have no answer.

You well know you reread the Luke passage, bit your tongue and decided to cop out once more.

YOU have been resorting to your actual "bible" Josephus, on here for years.

When confronted by someone who knows a thing or two - you had no answer and tried to turn that on me.

I told you to leave me alone as to this constant baiting stupidity of yours.

And now here you are once more, attempting your usual, years old, bait and switch Darby.

The least you could do on a post asking what Preterists beliefs are is to answer his question - what else are you afraid of having exposed for the fraud it is/you are.

You have been severely duped by the man in the mirror.

Interplanner

Maybe it's just my personality, I dunno. But if I were a convinced, committed preterist, I'd find the Bible to be pretty much a closed book not worth discussing at any length. What would be the point? THIS is the Kingdom? Okay...so now what?

The LAST place I would be is someplace like TOL, arguing in support of a view that has no impact upon my life except (judging by Tet and IP) to make me deliberately contentious, closed-minded, apt to prevaricate and literally obsessed with slandering J.N. Darby and destroying disp'ism.

What the hell is the point of that?

If I were REALLY convinced Christ is even now enthroned (invisibly) over all and is ruling the earth (invisibly) as His Kingdom, I'd find such activities utterly pointless and depressing. I'd be out doing...I don't know what but not this.

But again, maybe it's just me.

What is the point? The point is to present every man as complete in Christ as possible. Everything God promised was provided in Christ and we are to help every man realize this, for the world should live in honor of Christ. Nothing to do? How can you say that?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When confronted by someone who knows a thing or two - you had no answer and tried to turn that on me.

:rotfl:

You act like I never heard about the towers or wall before.

I have heard all of the arguments regarding the towers and wall.

None of them prove Preterism wrong, or that not one stone was not left standing in 70AD.

I find it telling that you won't address the consequences of your new position, and that is that you would have to have two more temples built for your eschatology to work out.

You're just as bad as the Bullingerites who claim every single event in Revelation is a yet future event, including the seven churches.

However, that's what happens when people try to defend the false teachings of dispensationalism.

iamaberean

What is Preterism

What are the beliefs?

Mat 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

There are other scriptures, but not believing the above is like saying the bible is not true.

Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
God is not a man, that he would lie to you.

Jer 29:21 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, of Ahab the son of Kolaiah, and of Zedekiah the son of Maaseiah, which prophesy a lie unto you in my name; Behold, I will deliver them into the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon; and he shall slay them before your eyes;
Anyone that prophesy or teaches a false prophecy is in danger.

Tit 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Heb 6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

Preterist are the only ones that quote the scriptures for what they say, not what men say.

SaulToPaul 2

Preterist are the only ones that quote the scriptures for what they say, not what men say.

:chuckle:

Matthew 16
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Matthew 17
17 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

2 Peter 1
16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

Do you believe it, or believe what men say about it?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 16
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Matthew 17
17 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

Why do you never, ever quote Matt 16:27 when you quote Matt 16:28?

(Matt 16:27 KJV) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Were there angels at the Transfiguration?

Was EVERY MAN rewarded according to his works at the Transfiguration?

If no, then the Transfiguration was not the fulfillment of what Jesus said in Matt 16:28.

Also, if the fulfillment of Matt 16:28 was only six days later (your claim), why the heck would Jesus say "some standing here, which shall not taste of death" for an event that would take place just six days later?
Do you believe it, or believe what men say about it?

That's what you need to ask yourself because you do not believe it, you believe what Darby told you to believe about it.

The facts speak for themselves. Christ Jesus said every man would be rewarded for their works; that didn't happen at the Transfiguration, nor were there angels present.

Matt 16:68 was fulfilled in 70AD. It was in 70AD that Christ Jesus came with His angels and rewarded every man according to his works, and there were still some men from 40 years ago who were still alive.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

(Matt 16:27 KJV) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

So Jesus returned in 70 AD with angels and rewarded every man ?

If no, then the Transfiguration was not the fulfillment of what Jesus said in Matt 16:28.

Also, if the fulfillment of Matt 16:28 was only six days later (your claim), why the heck would Jesus say "some standing here, which shall not taste of death" for an event that would take place just six days later?

That's what you need to ask yourself because you do not believe it, you believe what Darby told you to believe about it.

The facts speak for themselves. Christ Jesus said every man would be rewarded for their works; that didn't happen at the Transfiguration, nor were there angels present.

Matt 16:68 was fulfilled in 70AD. It was in 70AD that Christ Jesus came with His angels and rewarded every man according to his works, and there were still some men from 40 years ago who were still alive.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The man asked "what are the beliefs" unique to Preterism?

Believing the actual definition of words. Unlike Dispensationalism.

With Preterism for example:

"near" means near

"shortly" means shortly

"these last days" means these last days

"this" means this

"generation" means generation

"culmination of the ages" means culmination of the ages

"the time is near" means the time is near

There are many, many more words and phrases also that Preterism understands them to mean what they say. Unlike Dispensationalism.

SaulToPaul 2

:chuckle: Did Peter, in the holy mount, see the son of man coming in his kingdom or not?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle: Did Peter, in the holy mount, see the son of man coming in his kingdom or not?

No.

He was made an eyewitness to His majesty.

Why do you ignore Matt 16:27?

Was every man rewarded according to his works at the Transfiguration?

Why would Jesus tell them some of them wouldn't die, if the event was six days away?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We know better, PJ the Great.

You weren't there.

So, you don't know better.

"for, before sun-setting, chariots and troops of soldiers in their armour were seen running about among the clouds, and surrounding of cities." - Josephus

"In the sky appeared a vision of armies in conflict, of glittering armour." - Tacitus

SaulToPaul 2

:chuckle:

2 Peter 1
14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.

15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.

16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.