ECT WHY I AM CATHOLIC

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Because you have preferred a lie to the truth.

"Ouch."
et9843769347698437967.png
~ E.T. Jn 3:19

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
So, then, no actual refutation whatsoever; that's what I thought.

Your demand for a "verse" for every Christian belief and behavior rests entirely upon the heterodox 16th-century Protestant notion of sola scriptura, which is itself nowhere taught in "Scripture alone," and so which simply and directly refutes itself. Catholics do not buy into the unbiblical and invented notion of sola scriptura, and so are not required to find every belief or behavior spelled out explicitly in the Bible. Try again.

Not even close (see just above).
So, no verse then. And that doesn't even bother you. Bothered my right out of the RCC.

Cruciform

That just gets you wet.
According to the entirely non-authoritative opinions of your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, perhaps, but according to the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church, Baptism is the normative means of regeneration (i.e., being "born again") and initiation into the Body of Christ, the Church.

Cruciform

Check and mate.
A Mormon I know also claims that "Jesus the Christ is my Lord and Savior and that is why I am a Christian." Guess it takes a bit more than merely making a claim to rightfully consider oneself a "Christian."

So much for your "Check and mate." :yawn:

Cruciform

So, no verse then.
None required, since Catholics do not follow the false and unbiblical Protestant invention known as sola scriptura. You need to have an explicit proof-text for every belief; we do not.

And that doesn't even bother you. Bothered my right out of the RCC.
And yet you're not at all bothered that your foundational doctrine---the one on which all other doctrines are based---is itself both demonstrably irrational and entirely unbiblical. Bothered me right out of Protestantism.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
None required, since Catholics do not follow the false and unbiblical Protestant invention known as sola scriptura. You need to have an explicit proof-text for every belief; we do not.

And yet you're not at all bothered that your foundational doctrine---the one on which all other doctrines are based---is itself both demonstrably irrational and entirely unbiblical. Bothered me right out of Protestantism.
It doesn't bother me to follow what Jesus actually taught. I find it sad that Catholic's don't feel the need to follow what Christ actually taught, that they comfortable following what men think Jesus should have taught.

Jesus died for the forgiveness of sins, not Mary. Jesus said to pray to His Father, not Mary. It Jesus said that, why would you ignore Him and pray to Mary? I know, I know, you don't pray to Mary. You just kneel before he'd statues with folded hands and bowed hands and ask for her to help. In essence, you ask her to manipulate her Son on your behalf.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
A Mormon I know also claims that "Jesus the Christ is my Lord and Savior and that is why I am a Christian." Guess it takes a bit more than merely making a claim to rightfully consider oneself a "Christian."

So much for your "Check and mate." :yawn:
If your Morman friend has confessed with his mouth what he believes in his heart that Jesus is Lord, then he is saved. Who are you to judge him?

Cruciform

Who cares about my opinion? What is God's opinion?
Who cares about your opinions regarding what constitutes God's opinion? (Besides you, apparently.)

You have magnified Your word above all Your name (Ps 138:2).
Guess what he hasn't magnified above his name?---serpent's personal interpretations (opinions) of God's word.

Cruciform

It doesn't bother me to follow what Jesus actually taught.
Except that you confine "what Jesus taught" to "the Bible ALONE," an invented 16th-century Protestant notion that has already been categorically refuted on this very thread [SOURCE]

I find it sad that Catholic's don't feel the need to follow what Christ actually taught...
In fact, it's you who doesn't follow "what Christ actually taught," but only the part recorded in the Bible, and you follow that only according to the fallible and non-authoritative opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.

Jesus died for the forgiveness of sins, not Mary.
Straw Man Fallacy, since Catholics certainly don't claim that Mary "died for the forgiveness of sins." Try again. See if just once you can describe Catholic teaching accurately and honestly.

Jesus said to pray to His Father, not Mary.
Here is what Scripture teaches regarding the Communion of Saints.

In essence, you ask her to manipulate her Son on your behalf.
When your fellow Christians pray for you, are they "manipulating the Son on your behalf"? Is that what you do when you pray for others? Are you being deliberately dense?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Except that you confine "what Jesus taught" to "the Bible ALONE," an invented 16th-century Protestant notion that has already been categorically refuted on this very thread [SOURCE]
Of course I do! The only record of the what Jesus said and taught is in the Holy Scripture. The RCC-catichism does not have any teachings of Jesus, it has mens interpretations of what they think Jesus and others should have said.

In fact, it's you who doesn't follow "what Christ actually taught," but only the part recorded in the Bible, and you follow that only according to the fallible and non-authoritative opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.
Really? Can you show me where Jesus said I had to a be a part of the Roman Catholic sect by name? how about Peter? how about Paul? Andrew? Timothy? Anybody who actually walked with Christ? No? Didn't think so.

Straw Man Fallacy, since Catholics certainly don't claim that Mary "died for the forgiveness of sins." Try again. See if just once you can describe Catholic teaching accurately and honestly.
If she didn't die for your sins, if she was not sent for the forgiveness of your sins, then why do you "talk to her on bended knee, folded hand and bowed head but not pray" to her?

is what Scripture teaches regarding the Communion of Saints.
No, that is what the men of the Roman Magisterium say about what scripture says about the communion of the saints. Lets look at what Jesus said about prayer:

[h=1]Matthew 6:6-8New International Version (NIV)[/h] 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Note that Jesus said we are to pray to His Father, not the communion of the saints. Which does not exist in scripture.

When your fellow Christians pray for you, are they "manipulating the Son on your behalf"? Is that what you do when you pray for others? Are you being deliberately dense?

You are my fellow Christian, Mary is not. Mary is dead and with her Son and His Father. You and I are here so we need to pray for each other.

Cruciform

If your Morman friend has confessed with his mouth what he believes in his heart that Jesus is Lord, then he is saved.
This is your claim? Even though Mormons believe, among other things:

~that they can become gods and goddesses.
~that goddesses will spend eternity in full submission to their god-husband.
~that women will give birth “forever and ever” to spirit-babies.
~that men can have multiple wives in heaven—eternalpolygamy. They intend to have many wives in heaven, carrying on multiple sex relations throughout eternity, until they have enough children to populate their own earth, so they can be "Heavenly Father" over their own planet!
~that Heavenly Father is an exalted man who lives with his goddess wife, Heavenly Mother, on a planet near the great star Kolob.
~that God the Father had sex with Mary to conceive Jesus. They say Virgin Mary really wasn't a virgin at all but had sex relations with their heavenly father to produce the Mormon version of Jesus Christ.
~that there is only salvation through the Mormons and all other Christian churches are wrong and Mormons also do baptisms for their dead.
~that they need 4 secret handshakes to get into the Celestial heaven.
~that Joseph Smith revealed that the actual Garden of Eden is in Jackson County, Missouri.
~that Lucifer and Jesus are brothers.
~that the angel Gabriel came down to earth and became Noah in the days of the flood.
~that the Bible is untrustworthy and full of errors.
~that the Archangel Michael came down to earth with several of his celestial wives, and became Adam in the garden of Eden.
~The Mormon founder and their Prophet Joseph Smith prophesied falsely many times. For example, he foretold the second coming of Christ for 1891. The Bible teaches that one false prophecy puts the prophet under death sentence. (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).
~that before 1978 they considered the Negro race inferior, and even one drop of Negro blood prevented a person from entering their priesthood. Now they will allow men of African decent to be priests but the fact that they once taught this proves they're a False Religion.
~Mormons have books other than the Bible that they call scriptures such as the Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrine and Covenants. All these and even their official "Mormon Doctrine" statements contradict each other on MAJOR doctrinal points. The King James Bible is also contradicted by these books.
~that Jesus had at least three wives and children while he was on this earth.
~Joseph Smith taught that there were inhabitants on the moon, and Brigham Young taught there were inhabitants on the sun as well! The fact that these two men once taught this proves they were not real Prophets of God. They were false prophets and this religion is leading many souls to Hell still today.
~that there is no salvation without Joseph Smith. They teach that Joseph Smith holds the keys to the Kingdom of God. They teach that Jesus' death on the cross only partially saves the believer. They also teach that people will stand before God, Jesus and Joseph Smith on Judgement Day.

Who are you to judge him?
What kind of Christian refuses to "test the spirits" (1 Jn. 4:1) to see whether they comport with the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church (Mt. 28:18-20; Lk. 10:16; Ac. 15:2; 16:4; Rom. 16:17; 2 Thess. 3:4; 1 Tim. 3:15; 1 Jn. 4:6)?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+