ECT Israel's Prophetic Clock stopped in 70AD, not in Mid Acts

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Probably because in all of Christiandom, only a very, very few HyperDispensationalists such as yourself deny the New Covenant.
I don't deny the New Covenant.

Where do you folks come up with this stuff?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm already used to him being wrong.

Speaking of wrong, did you see the verses from Joshua that tell us the Israelites received the land that was promised to them?

Also, PPS is correct, Christ Jesus is the Promised Land. It is those in Christ who receive rest in Him.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Believe it or not, the MAD Darby followers around here are deniers of the New Covenant.

They claim the NC is for Israel only, and not for what they call "Body believers".

I kid you not.

Yes, I know. I just want to make sure they affirm it and are accountable for it for all everlasting.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Jacob's 12 sons were already dead.
So when are they going to get their inheritance promised?

You do know that Joseph's bones were taken from Egypt, and buried in the Promised Land?

Was not the promise of land to Abraham AND his seed?

The seed is Christ Jesus.

(Gal 3:16) The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ.

Also, read Hebrews 11. Abraham looked to a Heavenly city.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Speaking of wrong, did you see the verses from Joshua that tell us the Israelites received the land that was promised to them?
Yeah.
Did you realize Abe, Isaac, Jacob, and Jacob's 12 son had already died before the Israelites took the land?

Also, PPS is correct, Christ Jesus is the Promised Land.
Wrong again, unless you think Abe was walking on Christ when God told Abe that all the land he walked upon would be his.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yeah.
Did you realize Abe, Isaac, Jacob, and Jacob's 12 son had already died before the Israelites took the land?

Which should tell you your Futurism is wrong.

Joshua 21 makes it clear the land promise was fulfilled.

Yet, for some reason, you think it is still not fulfilled despite Joshua 21 telling us that the promise was fulfilled.

Wrong again, unless you think Abe was walking on Christ when God told Abe that all the land he walked upon would be his.

You are making the same exact mistake the Pharisees made 2,000 years ago.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You do know that Joseph's bones were taken from Egypt, and buried in the Promised Land?
You think that means that his dead bones inherited the land?
ROFL!

The seed is Christ Jesus.
For arguments sake, lets just say that is true ---- Christ is the seed and that somehow He has already inherited the land.
That still does not explain both Abe and his seed were promised to inherit the land (not just the seed).
And yes, we are talking about physical land, otherwise your Joshua verses would make no sense.

Also, read Hebrews 11. Abraham looked to a Heavenly city.
Doesn't take away from the fact that he was promised to inherit physical land that his physical feet walked upon.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which should tell you your Futurism is wrong.
It tells not all has been fulfilled.

Joshua 21 makes it clear the land promise was fulfilled.
Not to Abe, Isaac, Jacob, and Jacob's 12 sons.

Yet, for some reason, you think it is still not fulfilled despite Joshua 21 telling us that the promise was fulfilled.
His (Abraham) seed got the land promised. He did not.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Doesn't take away from the fact that he was promised to inherit physical land that his physical feet walked upon.

Let's try this one more time:

(Joshua 21:43-45) So the Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn to give their ancestors, and they took possession of it and settled there. 44 The Lord gave them rest on every side, just as he had sworn to their ancestors. Not one of their enemies withstood them; the Lord gave all their enemies into their hands. 45 Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.

Don't know how you can read the above passage, and then still claim there are land promises unfulfilled.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
His (Abraham) seed got the land promised. He did not.

Abraham's "seed" was Christ Jesus.

How much clearer does the Apostle Paul have to make it?

(Gal 3:16) The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,” meaning one person, who is Christ.

genuineoriginal

(Luke 19:44) They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

As we see above, the prophecy given by Jesus regarding the Jews and Jerusalem was fulfilled in 70AD.

This prophecy, and the fulfillment of the prophecy completely refutes the Dispensationalist's claim that Israel's "prophetic clock" stopped somewhere in mid-Acts.
Israel's Prophetic Clock never stopped.
People that think it did don't understand God's Words in scripture.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Israel's Prophetic Clock never stopped.

It did in 70AD.

There is not one more prophecy pertaining to Israel that has a future fulfillment.

People that think it did don't understand God's Words in scripture.

Most MADists use the "prophetic clock" getting stopped as their excuse for trying to explain "near", "soon", "these last days", etc.

genuineoriginal

It did in 70AD.
No prophetic clock stopped in 70 CE.
A prophetic clock began in 70 CE, just like one began in 587 BCE with the first destruction of the Temple.

There is not one more prophecy pertaining to Israel that has a future fulfillment.

Jeremiah 33:19-26
19 And the word of the Lord came unto Jeremiah, saying,
20 Thus saith the Lord; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.
22 As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.
23 Moreover the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah, saying,
24 Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying, The two families which the Lord hath chosen, he hath even cast them off? thus they have despised my people, that they should be no more a nation before them.
25 Thus saith the Lord; If my covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth;
26 Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return, and have mercy on them.​

There is still day and night, the stars in the sky has not been counted, nor has the sand of the sea been measured.

Most MADists use the "prophetic clock" getting stopped as their excuse for trying to explain "near", "soon", "these last days", etc.
The stopped "prophetic clock" is a remnant of Replacement Theology that remains in Dispensational Eschatology.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is still day and night, the stars in the sky has not been counted, nor has the sand of the sea been measured.

The Jeremiah passage pertains to the captivity in Babylon.

Basically, God is saying the Jews would return to Babylon because the promise of Christ Jesus that was made to Abraham and David had to be fulfilled as promised.

The promise of Christ Jesus was fulfilled, and Christ Jesus Himself fulfilled the law and prophets.

There are no more unfulfilled promises to Israel, they were all fulfilled by Christ Jesus.

john w

Hall of Fame
.God isn't going to pick back up with Israel again.

Made up, greasy punk:

Isaiah 46:13 KJV I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Zechariah 8:23 KJV Thus saith the Lord of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Isaiah 2:3 KJV And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Micah 4:2 KJV And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Romans 11 KJV

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 for this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Greasy Tellalie: Figurative....Darby...Fulfilled AD 70....Don't you believe the bible/Paul?....You are in denial...

genuineoriginal

The Jeremiah passage pertains to the captivity in Babylon.
It pertains to all periods of captivity.

Jeremiah 33:25-26
25 Thus saith the Lord; If my covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth;
26 Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return, and have mercy on them.​