ECT Israel's Prophetic Clock stopped in 70AD, not in Mid Acts

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Luke 19:44) They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

As we see above, the prophecy given by Jesus regarding the Jews and Jerusalem was fulfilled in 70AD.

This prophecy, and the fulfillment of the prophecy completely refutes the Dispensationalist's claim that Israel's "prophetic clock" stopped somewhere in mid-Acts.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Luke 19:44) They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

As we see above, the prophecy given by Jesus regarding the Jews and Jerusalem was fulfilled in 70AD.

This prophecy, and the fulfillment of the prophecy completely refutes the Dispensationalist's claim that Israel's "prophetic clock" stopped somewhere in mid-Acts.

The past of the nation of Israel who were the caretakers of the elect, is the same as the future of the churches who are the caretakers of the elect.

Both ended and ends in apostasy.

2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Not one stone of the NT churches will be left upon another also.

LA

SaulToPaul 2

I agree with your statement as written.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree with your statement as written.

MAD is built upon the idea that Israel's "clock" stopped somewhere in mid-Acts, followed by God then turning to Paul and giving Paul a different gospel to be preached during a secret parenthetical time period known as the "church age" until the alleged rapture, when afterwards, God starts Israel's "clock" again, and picks back up with Israel.

What happened in 70AD proves MAD wrong.

70AD marked the end of Israel's clock for good. God isn't going to pick back up with Israel again.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Perhaps some believe that, I do not.
Obviously God dealt with Israel, according to prophecy, all the way through Acts.

MAD claims "the age of grace" (aka the church age) began with Paul. In 70AD over a million Jews were killed in Jerusalem. In Luke 19:44 Jesus says these Jews would be killed because they did not recognize Him when God sent Him to them.

Does that sound like "the age of grace" to you?

SaulToPaul 2

MAD claims "the age of grace" (aka the church age) began with Paul. In 70AD over a million Jews were killed in Jerusalem. In Luke 19:44 Jesus says these Jews would be killed because they did not recognize Him when God sent Him to them.

Does that sound like "the age of grace" to you?

I believe the dispensation of the grace of God began after Acts.

SaulToPaul 2

Anyways, if the age of grace began after Acts 28, how do you explain God taking vengeance on the Jews in 70AD?

The dispensation of the grace of God for you Gentiles could not begin until Israel had been cast away.
Obviously the casting away culminated in 70ad.

Danoh

Nope, only according to Danoh.

I have never referred to you as Acts 28.

I have used the phrase "ALMOST 28er."

Because some of your views not only have never been Mid-Acts views, but, they do bear a very close resemblance to views the 28ers have always held.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The dispensation of the grace of God for you Gentiles could not begin until Israel had been cast away.
Obviously the casting away culminated in 70ad.

Let's look at what you have said so far.

First you said the "age of grace" began with the close of Acts (Acts 28)

Then you said the "age of grace" did not begin until Israel had been cast away.

Then you said the casting away culminated in 70AD.

So, if I'm understanding you, you are saying the "age of grace" began before 70AD, and the casting away began before 70AD, but culminated in 70AD.

If so, that means there was an overlap of the "age of grace" and "the casting away of Israel", between Acts 28 and 70AD.

Is that what you believe happened?

Danoh

Let's look at what you have said so far.

First you said the "age of grace" began with the close of Acts (Acts 28)

Then you said the "age of grace" did not begin until Israel had been cast away.

Then you said the casting away culminated in 70AD.

So, if I'm understanding you, you are saying the "age of grace" began before 70AD, and the casting away began before 70AD, but culminated in 70AD.

If so, that means there was an overlap of the "age of grace" and "the casting away of Israel", between Acts 28 and 70AD.

Is that what you believe happened?

I disagree with his assertion.

At the same time; it is obvious you have misunderstood what he meant.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I disagree with his assertion.

At the same time; it is obvious you have misunderstood what he meant.

You're the one who uses the "prophetic clock" excuse to defend your dispensationalism.

So, why don't you tell us why Luke 19:44 was fulfilled in 70AD if the "prophetic clock" stopped somewhere in Mid-Acts?