ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Here are examples of how the Greek word "pisteuo " was mistranslated into the English . First will be an example with the mistranslated word " believes ", and a second example with the exact definition of the mistranslated word
" believes " .
The third example is with the word the English language should have had for the translators , " faithes " . A fourth example , with the exact definition of pisteuo " faithes " from the Vines Greek dictionary .

Mark 16:16

1. ) With mistranslated word " believes ".

He that ( believes ) and is baptized shall be saved " .

2 ) with the exact definition of the mistranslatied word " believes " .

" He that ( holds a good opinion of me , without the necessary relationship with me ) and is baptized shall be saved " .

3 ) with the correct translation of the Greek word pisteuo .

" He that ( faithes ) and is baptized shall be saved " .

4 ) with the exact definition of the Greek word pisteuo .

" He that ( personally surrenders their lives to Him , lives a life inspired by such surrender ) and is baptized shall be saved " .

Bumped jumping the troll .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Where are Christian sensibilities and Christian integrity when you ask for it from one who claims he espouses it?

When you troll I'll reward you with the thing a troll wants , attention !

When you have a reply that corresponds to this thread , I will reward you with a reply .

I think the fact I'm still willing to help you in your current state , after how you've treated me over the past year , is the Christian integrity your looking for .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Here are examples of how the Greek word "pisteuo " was mistranslated into the English . First will be an example with the mistranslated word " believes ", and a second example with the exact definition of the mistranslated word
" believes " .
The third example is with the word the English language should have had for the translators , " faithes " . A fourth example , with the exact definition of pisteuo " faithes " from the Vines Greek dictionary .

" He that ( holds a good opinion of me , without the necessary relationship with me ) and is baptized shall be saved " .

" He that ( personally surrenders their lives to Him , lives a life inspired by such surrender ) and is baptized shall be saved " .

One of many examples I will presenting to show the correct understanding of Faith and faithing .

Cross Reference

When you troll I'll reward you with the thing a troll wants , attention !

When you have a reply that corresponds to this thread , I will reward you with a reply .

I think the fact I'm still willing to help you in your current state , after how you've treated me over the past year , is the Christian integrity your looking for .

Help me ??!! LOL!! You have nothing I want. And You advancing such a notion is a cop-out to avoid answering questions posed you. You have yet to answer a single question ever posed you. . . <help me,he sez. Spare me that>.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
" believes " .

Bump to jump troll .

Jerry Shugart

I gave you the exact , complete , definition of pisteuo , out of the Greek dictionary , derived from the word pisteuo , the exact word the original authors used to communicate how Faith ( pistis ) is applied .

Here is the defintion which you gave:

The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Tell me which of those meanings you place on the word "pisteuo" in the following verse:

"Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed (pisteuō) in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men" (Jn.2:23-24).​

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Here is the defintion which you gave:

The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Tell me which of those meanings you place on the word "pisteuo" in the following verse:

"Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed (pisteuō) in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men" (Jn.2:23-24).​

Answer my post on the other thread first , then I'll decide if you being serious and want to get real .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
" believes " .

The truth about NT Faith and faithing .

Jerry Shugart

Answer my post on the other thread first , then I'll decide if you being serious and want to get real .

You told me to come to this thread if I wanted to be serious. I am here and I am serious but it seems like it is you who is not serious because you refuse to answer my question. Since you consider yourself an expert on the word pisteuo it should be an easy task for you to answer my question. Again, here is the defintion which you gave:

Cross Reference

Jesus, because of the JOY set before Him, endured the cross that we might obtain by being born again of the same disposition.

Love TO His Father was His motivation that when we see as He possessed it we will seek the kingdom of God with all our heart, soul, mind and Strength. What other thing is that passage associated with, Jerry? How is the great commandment worded that if we adhere to both passages we will have te issue of JOY and all the rest will be added unto us?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You told me to come to this thread if I wanted to be serious. I am here and I am serious but it seems like it is you who is not serious because you refuse to answer my question. Since you consider yourself an expert on the word pisteuo it should be an easy task for you to answer my question. Again, here is the defintion which you gave:

No , I said you have been avoiding this thread for a year , and there's a reason for it . You must prove to me your serious on the other thread first , where I called you out on your false claims , that to know God and His will , you must " believe " in God's word . Changing threads to hide from your statements isn't going to work .

Ask your questions on the other thread .

Cross Reference

"Grace" is a person:

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;" Titus 2:11-12 (KJV)

I wonder what "Pist" applies?

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Keep replies focused on OP .

Jerry Shugart

Ask your questions on the other thread .

I already have and you did not answer there either. Here is the definition which you gave for the word:

Which of those meaning do you think applies to the word as it is used in the following verse?:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

This is the topic .

Jerry Shugart

The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender."

Vine's also gives the following meaning of the word pisteou which you must have overlooked:

"to believe"

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Pisteuo means " Not " just to believe !
"To believe " is not in the Vines definition of pisteuo. Your promoting a lie Jerry .