ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Who said it was mistranslated especially when the tiny prep "if" in the KJV covers all the bases when faith or being faithful should not be in question for expected results?. .OH, and BTW, so what your pistos or pistas isn't explained?

Correct translation : " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ."

Mistranslation : believe , believer , and believing . Defined in the English dictionary as " mental ascent . "

The Greek language doesn't even have a word in it's language for the words believe , believing , and believer . They only have words that specifically define faithing or pisteuo are acts moving towards God , pisteuo , or acts moving away from God , apisteuo . No middle or neutral ground in the original texts . Pisteuo was mistranslatied into the English , and if you look in the English dictionary , it will be mistranslated believe back out , even though the Greek has no word for it . Pisteuo being yoked to those words believe , believing , and believer , will take out more called out ones by far than anything else .

Pistis is a noun , a person , place or thing . Not the topic of this thread .

Since your being kind of civil for a minute . Can you give me 5 examples of Faith and faithing , pistis and pisteuo , that have nothing to do with our faith and faithing towards God ? Or at least not directly ¿

Cross Reference

Correct translation : " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ."

Mistranslation : believe , believer , and believing . Defined in the English dictionary as " mental ascent . "

And If one who is waiting to be pulled out of a sink hole shouts to his qualified rescurer: "I believe in you", would you suppose he is giving simple mental assent? Get real.

Quit trying tp manipulate poeple with what they already know from themselves to be sincere trust. Who are you to question such a thing?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
And If one who is waiting to be pulled out of a sink hole shouts to his qualified rescurer: "I believe in you", would you suppose he is giving simple mental assent? Get real.

Quit trying tp manipulate poeple with what they already know from themselves to be sincere trust. Who are you to question such a thing?

Which fact do you specifically want to discuss ?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Why ask? I don't want to hear what I already know, thanks to the KJV.

Believing = giving mental ascent. LOL! I wouldn't trust what I couldn't believe. I guess with you that would still mean give mental ascent to..

Still don't see what fact your disagreements are based on . Again these are not my conclusions . These are facts ! Your disagreements are either with the Greek or English language , the Vines or Strongs Greek dictionary's . Or with the authors that wrote the original texts , which is it ?

Cross Reference

1. The majority of the manuscripts we have support the KJV readings. Over 90%

2. The argument over accuracy has to be made remembering that "the Greek" only says what the context allows it to say. So you have to argue why the 52 Greek and Hebrew experts that translated the KJV were wrong in their interpretations.

3. There are words and phrases in the modern versions that are not supported by the Greek at all and some changes seem to be made purely for political correctness (changing many pronouns to gender neutral in the TNIV for example).

4. In order to have a copyright (which all the modern versions have) there has to be at least a 10% difference between them. That doesn't support the KJV per se but it does mean we should be cautious with which modern version we are going to say is authoritative.

5. All of the revisions of the KJV were only correcting typographical errors and standardizing the spelling as in 1611 English was not completely standardized yet. So no doctrinal changes were made. I'm not sure if the same can be said for the modern versions.

6. The Alexandrian manuscripts change historical information such as who fought what battle in the Bible.

7. Sinaticus was about to be burned before it was discovered and the discoverer stated that his goal with the manuscripts was to have a better Bible. I still haven't heard anyone tell me why older is automatically better especially considering that there are Byzantine manuscripts that date back to the first century as well.

I also want to make a point about inspiration. The original autographs (which no one has) are not the only inspired manuscripts.

Did Jesus use an original Isaiah for the first teaching He did in the synagogue?

Paul said all scripture is given by inspiration of God and that Timothy had the Scriptures since he was a child. Did Timothy have originals?

UPDATE 20th Century: Enter Gene Scott and Jon Kilroy who declare they teach from the originals who both state they are the greatest teacher/evangelists in the world since the Apostle Paul! . . . . Whooppdee Dooo!

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Facts to be discussed on this thread .

1) Faith has two words in the original Greek texts , pistis and pisteuo .

2) pistis is where we get our noun Faith .

3) Pisteuo is the verb , or the word the authors used to apply the noun Faith .

4) Pisteuo , could not be translated into the English language .

5) Pisteuo is defined in the Greek as , " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ."

6) the Strongs , " pisteuo means " NOT " just to believe ."

7) Because the English language has no verb form of the noun Faith , like the words faithe , faither , and faithing , the words they had to use , believe , believer , and believing , are mistranslations .

8) The above facts are not my opinion , but easily verifiable . So don't kill the messenger .

In my opinion , because this most important word in the scriptures was mistranslated , the true meaning of how Faith is applied has been lost . Most of the church world has , by no fault of their own been led astray by building on the mistranslated words .

But now knowing this stumbling block has happened , let's discuss these facts . I realize the weight of these facts and what must happen as the result of hearing this , but would you rather not know , thank God you do now !

None of these facts are my opinion , nothing to dispute . But this is the first day at school understandings , waiting for those who want to talk about the next step , or how to apply pisteuo .

Cross Reference

Uh, Why not view the link I gave you to understand what should have happened to Dr Scott & co. and what did actually happen as a result of His lack of understanding, conceit and out of desperation? Get into it for about 20 mins to begin seeing the thing unfold. . . . and what you really got ensnared in.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Uh, Why not view the link I gave you to understand what should have happened to Dr Scott & co. and what did actually happen as a result of His lack of understanding, conceit and out of desperation? Get into it for about 20 mins to begin seeing the thing unfold. . . . and what you really got ensnared in.

Pisteuo is the topic , with associated facts .

I still don't see what fact you disagree with .

Other than that , I don't know what to say to you. I won't return to you what your doing to me , so I guess all I can say is , " thank you , may I have another !"

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Facts to be discussed on this thread .

1) Faith has two words in the original Greek texts , pistis and pisteuo .

2) pistis is where we get our noun Faith .

3) Pisteuo is the verb , or the word the authors used to apply the noun Faith .

4) Pisteuo , could not be translated into the English language .

5) Pisteuo is defined in the Greek as , " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ."

6) the Strongs , " pisteuo means " NOT " just to believe ."

7) Because the English language has no verb form of the noun Faith , like the words faithe , faither , and faithing , the words they had to use , believe , believer , and believing , are mistranslations .

8) The above facts are not my opinion , but easily verifiable . So don't kill the messenger .

In my opinion , because this most important word in the scriptures was mistranslated , the true meaning of how Faith is applied has been lost . Most of the church world has , by no fault of their own been led astray by building on the mistranslated words .

But now knowing this stumbling block has happened , let's discuss these facts . I realize the weight of these facts and what must happen as the result of hearing this , but would you rather not know , thank God you do now !

I'm going to start giving examples of how the authors meant pisteuo to be understood . Hope it will help .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Pisteuo is how NT Faith is applied .

Cross Reference

Pisteuo is how NT Faith is applied .

You mean believing as the scriptures reveal it to be? Like Abraham and Isaac exampled? I get it. We all get it. Thank you. Now what part of that do you "believe" sets you "universally" apart from everyone else who understands what loving and believing God entails?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Vines Greek dictionary definition of NT faithing or or the mistranslated word believe .

" A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ."

Anything other than this specific continual act of Faith like " believing in God's word ," Obedience to God's word " , even surrendering your life to God's word " is not true NT saving Faith .

The only act of faithing that saves is the continually surrendered life to Jesus Christ , the real living person .

If your new , looking for a way to know Christ , do not listen to anyone promoting a starting of a relationship with Christ by Obedience or believing in Him or His word . We must choose in this world what we are going to surrender our lives to , Jesus the person , or a thousand other possibilities .

Cross Reference

"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:12-15 (KJV)

Note: It does NOT say they all came out of the graves and went to hell; that some of their names, by how it reads, are be written in the book of life, because as we can rightly assume, will be because of their GOOD WORKS. Perhaps tribes of people who lived in favor of God without ever hearing the name the Name of Jesus.

And for those who will rule and reign with Christ per Rev 12:5 KJV.

"And THEY shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. And there shall in no wise enter into it [Jerusalem] any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life." Revelation 21:26,27 (KJV)

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Vines Greek dictionary definition of NT faithing or or the mistranslated word believe .

" A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ."

Anything other than this specific continual act of Faith like " believing in God's word ," Obedience to God's word " , even surrendering your life to God's word " is not true NT saving Faith .

The only act of faithing that saves is the continually surrendered life to Jesus Christ , the real living person .

If your new , looking for a way to know Christ , do not listen to anyone promoting a starting of a relationship with Christ by Obedience or believing in Him or His word . We must choose in this world what we are going to surrender our lives to , Jesus the person , or a thousand other possibilities .

We don't need to discover any new truths , we need to rediscover the old truths .

Can pisteuo or true NT Faith and faithing be rediscovered ?

Cross Reference

August 29th

Sublime intimacy

"Said I not unto thee, that if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?" John 11:40.

Every time you venture out in the life of faith, you will find something in your commonsense circumstances that flatly contradicts your faith. Common sense is not faith, and faith is not common sense; they stand in the relation of the natural and the spiritual. Can you trust Jesus Christ where your common sense cannot trust Him? Can you venture heroically on Jesus Christ’s statements when the facts of your commonsense life shout ‘It’s a lie’? On the mount it is easy to say—‘Oh yes, I believe God can do it’; but you have to come down into the demon-possessed valley and meet with facts that laugh ironically at the whole of your mount-of-transfiguration belief. Every time my programme of belief is clear to my own mind, I come across something that contradicts it. Let me say I believe God will supply all my need, and then let me run dry, with no outlook, and see whether I will go through the trial of faith, or whether I will sink back to something lower.

Faith must be tested, because it can be turned into a personal possession only through conflict. What is your faith up against just now? The test will either prove that your faith is right, or it will kill it. “Blessed is he whosoever shall not be offended in Me.” The final thing is confidence in Jesus. Believe steadfastly on Him and all you come up against will develop your faith. There is continual testing in the life of faith, and the last great test is death. May God keep us in fighting trim! Faith is unutterable trust in God which never dreams that He will not stand by us.

Oswald Chambers

Faither

BANNED
Banned
August 29th

Sublime intimacy

"Said I not unto thee, that if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?" John 11:40.

Every time you venture out in the life of faith, you will find something in your commonsense circumstances that flatly contradicts your faith. Common sense is not faith, and faith is not common sense; they stand in the relation of the natural and the spiritual. Can you trust Jesus Christ where your common sense cannot trust Him? Can you venture heroically on Jesus Christ’s statements when the facts of your commonsense life shout ‘It’s a lie’? On the mount it is easy to say—‘Oh yes, I believe God can do it’; but you have to come down into the demon-possessed valley and meet with facts that laugh ironically at the whole of your mount-of-transfiguration belief. Every time my programme of belief is clear to my own mind, I come across something that contradicts it. Let me say I believe God will supply all my need, and then let me run dry, with no outlook, and see whether I will go through the trial of faith, or whether I will sink back to something lower.

Faith must be tested, because it can be turned into a personal possession only through conflict. What is your faith up against just now? The test will either prove that your faith is right, or it will kill it. “Blessed is he whosoever shall not be offended in Me.” The final thing is confidence in Jesus. Believe steadfastly on Him and all you come up against will develop your faith. There is continual testing in the life of faith, and the last great test is death. May God keep us in fighting trim! Faith is unutterable trust in God which never dreams that He will not stand by us.

Oswald Chambers

Thanks Cross reference for this example of perversion ( backwards understanding ) in today's church world .

Everything Oswald Chambers says is based on the mistranslatied word " believe " .

The proof Osawld Chambers is teaching a perverted or backwards message is when he speaks of believing and trust , it's based on the expectation of recieving something in return for that belief and trust .

True NT saving Faith and faithing is applied by the continually surrendered life . Like in a battlefield , the only expectation we should have when truly surrendering our lives , is to be a slave to the one who we are surrendering to

Not only Oswald Chambers , but 99% of the church world today is promoting a vending machine type of faith , where we put in the coin and out comes the reward . Or , somekind of business deal kind of faith .

Beware called out ones ! And thanks again CR for this really good example .