ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

journey

I am using the advanced editor, but I do not use the WYSIWYG mode.
I copied the definitions from blueletterbible, except the Thayer's definitions which I copied from biblehub.
I pasted the copied definitions directly into the advanced editor, made a couple of formatting changes, but did not change the font at all, and submitted them.

Thank you. I'll try the advanced editor the next time I try to use Greek. In fact, I'll start using the advanced editor to familiarize myself with it.

Danoh

I am using the advanced editor, but I do not use the WYSIWYG mode.
I copied the definitions from blueletterbible, except the Thayer's definitions which I copied from biblehub.
I pasted the copied definitions directly into the advanced editor, made a couple of formatting changes, but did not change the font at all, and submitted them.

I'm curious; did you not argue for his position, in a sense, in that other thread where you posted what you posted on Rom. 1:17 and Habakkuk 2:4?

Not that I bought your reasoning, but it did appear, perhaps inadvertently, that you were making his case.

genuineoriginal

I'm curious; did you not argue for his position, in a sense, in that other thread where you posted what you posted on Rom. 1:17 and Habakkuk 2:4?

Not that I bought your reasoning, but it did appear, perhaps inadvertently, that you were making his case.
There are parts of his argument that are valid, but the mangled definitions he is using to support it are damaging his argument.

My beliefs about the duty of man towards God can be described as Puritanical.
_____
Puritans - Beliefs

The idea of personal Biblical interpretation through the Holy Spirit was central to Puritan beliefs, though it was shared with most Protestants in general at that time. Puritans sought both individual and corporate conformity to the teaching of the Bible, with moral purity pursued down to the smallest detail, as well as ecclesiastical purity to the highest level. They believed that man existed for the glory of God, that his first concern in life was to do God's will and so to receive future happiness. They believed that Jesus Christ was the center of public and personal affairs, and was to be exalted above all other names.
_____​

I highlighted the part that explains why I support the argument he is trying to make, even if I don't agree with the definitions he is using.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo" was mistranslated into English , using the words believe, believer, and believing. The reason this was done is because the English language has no verb for the noun, "Faith". To have a verb that corresponds with the Noun "Faith," we just need to add the er, ing, and the e endings to the Noun "Faith" and we would have Faither, Faithing, and to Faithe. Since we didn't have these words available to the translators, they had to choose other words, believe, believer, and believing. These words are a part of what NT pisteuo or Faithing is, but only a part. By themselves they create a false path, thinking all we have to do is "believe", to have a personal relationship with Christ.

Interestingly enough, the definition for a verb, is an action , based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The translators not only had to use a word that only partially defined Pisteuo, but they accually used the definition of what a verb is. Interesting!

The true complete meaning of the Greek word pisteuo used 248 times in the NT is,

1) "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender. "

What is it were surrendering to Him?
What does it mean by a life inspired by such surrender?
Is this a one time act, or is it continuous?

These are some good questions to be asking our selves.

The strongs definition is a little weaker. But it clearly states," Pisteuo means NOT JUST TO BELIEVE!!!"

They are kind of giving us a heads up that theres a part of this word that needs clarifying. And that is , "IT"S NOT JUST BELIEVING!!!" Then the definition in the strongs goes on to say, "ITS NOT MERE CREDENCE!!!" hence it is translated "Commit unto," "Commit to ones trust,"" Be committed unto!!"

1)Commit what to who?

2) Commit what to ones trust?

3)Be committed to who?

4) And what do we commit to that who?

These are the questions you should be asking.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
There are parts of his argument that are valid, but the mangled definitions he is using to support it are damaging his argument.

My beliefs about the duty of man towards God can be described as Puritanical.
_____
Puritans - Beliefs

The idea of personal Biblical interpretation through the Holy Spirit was central to Puritan beliefs, though it was shared with most Protestants in general at that time. Puritans sought both individual and corporate conformity to the teaching of the Bible, with moral purity pursued down to the smallest detail, as well as ecclesiastical purity to the highest level. They believed that man existed for the glory of God, that his first concern in life was to do God's will and so to receive future happiness. They believed that Jesus Christ was the center of public and personal affairs, and was to be exalted above all other names.
_____​

I highlighted the part that explains why I support the argument he is trying to make, even if I don't agree with the definitions he is using.

I stand on Eph. 4: 11-13, But we can't talk about that unless your Faithing into Christ. Most of you are contrary to Eph 4:11-13 as the result of no surrender to Christ and being self taught.

genuineoriginal

I stand on Eph. 4: 11-13, But we can't talk about that unless your Faithing into Christ. Most of you are contrary to Eph 4:11-13 as the result of no surrender to Christ and being self taught.
Which one do you believe you are?
A teacher?

Ephesians 4:11-13
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:​

To be a teacher, you need either the word of wisdom, the word of knowledge, or prophecy.

1 Corinthians 12:4-11
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.​

So far, you have not displayed any of these, which is why people are rejecting your teachings.

You appear to be the novice that Paul said should not become a teacher.

1 Timothy 3:6
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.​

journey

Faither,

Your definition of "Pisteuo" is NOT in any of the Greek dictionaries, including the ones that you claim as a source. You are adding to the requirements for Salvation, and that's very dangerous and WRONG. How we grow and mature as Christians is different than the requirements for Salvation.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Which one do you believe you are?
A teacher?

Ephesians 4:11-13
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:​

To be a teacher, you need either the word of wisdom, the word of knowledge, or prophecy.

1 Corinthians 12:4-11
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.​

So far, you have not displayed any of these, which is why people are rejecting your teachings.

You appear to be the novice that Paul said should not become a teacher.

1 Timothy 3:6
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.​

I'm a learner, one being perfected by a gifted teacher. What i'm sharing with you came from Him.

I'm in agreement with you that I'm a piece of crap! But the message is I've been given to me is the real deal!

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Faither,

Your definition of "Pisteuo" is NOT in any of the Greek dictionaries, including the ones that you claim as a source. You are adding to the requirements for Salvation, and that's very dangerous and WRONG. How we grow and mature as Christians is different than the requirements for Salvation.

Like I said before, take it up with the admins , I'm just reading the definition of "pisteuo" right out of the Greek dictionary word for word. If I were making this up myself as you seem to saying, they should absolutely remove everything I've posted in the past week.

Danoh

The strongs definition is a little weaker. But it clearly states," Pisteuo means NOT JUST TO BELIEVE!!!"

They are kind of giving us a heads up that theres a part of this word that needs clarifying. And that is , "IT"S NOT JUST BELIEVING!!!" Then the definition in the strongs goes on to say, "ITS NOT MERE CREDENCE!!!" hence it is translated "Commit unto," "Commit to ones trust,"" Be committed unto!!"

1)Commit what to who?

2) Commit what to ones trust?

3)Be committed to who?

4) And what do we commit to that who?

These are the questions you should be asking.

That is not the intended sense of "commited."

Rather, the intended sense is that of trusting that the object of one's trust is faithful.

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

journey

Like I said before, take it up with the admins , I'm just reading the definition of "pisteuo" right out of the Greek dictionary word for word. If I were making this up myself as you seem to saying, they should absolutely remove everything I've posted in the past week.

So, post the complete definition and the source. You can't and won't do this. Why? Did you tell us the truth about the definition you used for "Pisteuo" being from Strong's and Vine's? No, you didn't. Why? Didn't you consider that someone might check to see if you were telling the truth? I have Strong's and Vine's, and your definition isn't there. In fact, your definition for "Pisteuo" is not in any Greek dictionary I've checked, and I have a large number of sources to check.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I've posted the definitions of "pisteuo" numerous times along this thread. For those who might want to know my sources, they are.

The new Strongs expanded. And the vines expanded, unabridged edition.

Strongs : Pisteuo means not just to believe, but also to be persuaded of; And hence , to place confidence in, to trust, and signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence I is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust", "be committed unto."

Vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender."

These definitions are written word for word.

journey

Faither,

I'm not going to read posts from someone who doesn't tell the truth in numerous posts, so you are now on my ignore list.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Rather, the intended sense is that of trusting that the object of one's trust is faithful.

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Ok, what are we "committing and surrendering?" (pisteuo)

And who are we "committing and surrendering" it too? (pisteuo)

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Matk 1:5

English mistranslation of pisteuo. MK 1:15 "And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel."

Corrected translation of pisteuo. MK 1:5 And saying, the time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and commit your lives to the Gospel.

The Mistranslation of the word "believe" ("pisteuo" in the Greek) in the NT gives us a completely different meaning to the Scripture.

genuineoriginal

I'm a learner, one being perfected by a gifted teacher. What i'm sharing with you came from Him.
Either you are being deceived by a false teacher, or you are misunderstanding a gifted teacher.
Peter warned against the unlearned and unstable misusing Paul's words, and Paul was a gifted teacher.
If you are still a learner, it may be too early for you to begin sharing your teacher's words.

I'm in agreement with you that I'm a piece of crap!
That is impossible, since I am not in agreement with that statement.
I believe you are very earnest and are trying to share something you are very excited about.

My responses to you are about your refusal to listen when people are telling you that the definition you are pushing is not found in the accepted references.
There is a reason it is not in the accepted references, and it is your duty to find out why before you start to push a new definition onto others.

But the message is I've been given to me is the real deal!
Many people have preached surrender to God without basing it on a false definition of a Greek word.

genuineoriginal

I've posted the definitions of "pisteuo" numerous times along this thread. For those who might want to know my sources, they are.

Strongs : Pisteuo means not just to believe, but also to be persuaded of; And hence , to place confidence in, to trust, and signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence I is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust", "be committed unto."

I cannot verify if you took those from the expanded versions of Strong's and Vine's, since I do not own those books and they are not available online as far as I can tell.
I can state that you are not providing the entire entry from either book, but are taking only what you personally believe is the only definition.

I have provided the entire definitions from Strong's, Vine's, and Thayer's that are available online as resources, and not one of them include the definitions you are claiming is the only definition.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Ok, what are we "committing and surrendering?" (pisteuo)

And who are we "committing and surrendering" it too? (pisteuo)

Corrected translation of 2 Tim. 1:12

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have surrendered my life to, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.[/QUOTE]

Faither

BANNED
Banned
JN. 7:38 English mistranslation: "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."

Jn. 7:38 Greek corrected translation : He that surrenders his life to me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

The mistranslated word is "believeth" .

The correct translation is "surrenders his life to me."

Taken word for word out of the VINES for "pisteuo".