ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Bumped for serious and open minded discussion

MennoSota

Nope. Your attempt to make faith an action generated by men is irrelevant. Your premise is wrong which makes your conclusion wrong.
So every fact I've presented in the OP is irrelevant ???

That would mean your saying the NT writers are irrelevant , the words they used, the definitions they were communicating are irrelevant ?

That makes God's Word in general irrelevant !

The only thing that has been made irrelevant here is your understanding of the Salvation process or journey.

You don't seem to be able to read between the lines . Because you haven't begun a life of faithing , you are still at the very start of the process. God is waiting for you to start faithing towards Him !

Until you start , and maintain the surrendered life until Christ seals His Spirit into you , God's word and the promises there in are not yours to talk about yet.

But they could be , your choice !!!

Are you one of the called ? I say yes !

Being called or being one of the elect is not enough , we still got to " faithe " !!

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Nope. Your attempt to make faith an action generated by men is irrelevant. Your premise is wrong which makes your conclusion wrong.

Lol , mennosota this is what I'm trying to tell you , pisteuo "" IS "" a Verb , an action word , something "" WE "" do !!! Not because I say so , but because that's what God's word and the Greek dictionary says so !

I'm not attempting to make Faith an action , Faith is a noun . Pisteuo is the corresponding verb and is how faith is applied and is an action.

Pistis the noun , and pisteuo the verb are " both " used over 245 times in the NT.

MennoSota

Lol , mennosota this is what I'm trying to tell you , pisteuo "" IS "" a Verb , an action word , something "" WE "" do !!! Not because I say so , but because that's what God's word and the Greek dictionary says so !

I'm not attempting to make Faith an action , Faith is a noun . Pisteuo is the corresponding verb and is how faith is applied and is an action.

Pistis the noun , and pisteuo the verb are " both " used over 245 times in the NT.
LOL, faithless, this is what I'm trying to tell you, pisteuo is̄ an action verb and God does all the action as a gift to you because he chose to make you alive in Christ.
It's all God, faithless, and nothing of your conjuring.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
LOL, faithless, this is what I'm trying to tell you, pisteuo is̄ an action verb and God does all the action as a gift to you because he chose to make you alive in Christ.
It's all God, faithless, and nothing of your conjuring.

Pisteuo was mistranslated into the English language , because the English language has no corresponding verb for our noun Faith .

The mistranslatied words are believe , believer , and believing . Every time you read those words in Scripture , that is the Greek word pisteuo.

That means by your understanding , every time the Scriptures tell us something like " for God so loved the world , He gave his only begotten Son , that who so ever " believes " in Him may have everlasting life.". Believing is something God is doing for us ? × 247 other times !

Even the mistranslation doesn't work in your understanding.

MennoSota

Pisteuo was mistranslated into the English language , because the English language has no corresponding verb for our noun Faith .

The mistranslatied words are believe , believer , and believing . Every time you read those words in Scripture , that is the Greek word pisteuo.

That means by your understanding , every time the Scriptures tell us something like " for God so loved the world , He gave his only begotten Son , that who so ever " believes " in Him may have everlasting life.". Believing is something God is doing for us ? × 247 other times !

Even the mistranslation doesn't work in your understanding.
I understand it's a verb. The difference is that you assume it's action caused by man's will when I state that faith is active by God's will and by God's work in the person whom God has made alive.
Your perspective is entirely man-centered.

MennoSota

I understand it's a verb. The difference is that you assume it's action caused by man's will when I state that faith is active by God's will and by God's work in the person whom God has made alive.
Your perspective is entirely man-centered.
John 3:16 is a great verse stating that "whosoever" believed is in fact those whom God has made alive in Christ and given the gift of faith. The text around John 3:16 makes this clear, but you are ignoring the context in order to create a philosophy that is unbiblical.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
John 3:16 is a great verse stating that "whosoever" believed is in fact those whom God has made alive in Christ and given the gift of faith. The text around John 3:16 makes this clear, but you are ignoring the context in order to create a philosophy that is unbiblical.

Jesus Christ suffered , died , and rose again to cover he sins of the world , a gift of unmerited favor . Grace ! God the Father calls some out , draws them to Christ . Those called out ones respond by turning and taking a step towards Him. The step is taken by pisteuo , a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender.

If you think that's man centered , I've gotten nothing more for you .

MennoSota

Jesus Christ suffered , died , and rose again to cover he sins of the world , a gift of unmerited favor . Grace ! God the Father calls some out , draws them to Christ . Those called out ones respond by turning and taking a step towards Him. The step is taken by pisteuo , a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender.

If you think that's man centered , I've gotten nothing more for you .

He covered the sins of the elect. If he covered the sins of the whole world then the whole world would be saved. But, the whole world is not saved...or are you a universalist?
Those whom God makes alive (that's what the Bible says...read it) are given faith. Those whom God leaves dead in their trespasses and sins have no faith at all.
God takes the step. God does the work. God puts the action into faith.
Please stop being so man-centered. You have nothing of value for anyone when you teach a false gospel of human works. You nullify grace.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
He covered the sins of the elect. If he covered the sins of the whole world then the whole world would be saved. But, the whole world is not saved...or are you a universalist?
Those whom God makes alive (that's what the Bible says...read it) are given faith. Those whom God leaves dead in their trespasses and sins have no faith at all.
God takes the step. God does the work. God puts the action into faith.
Please stop being so man-centered. You have nothing of value for anyone when you teach a false gospel of human works. You nullify grace.

God gave me my arms , my mouth , my teeth , does that mean God eats for me also.

Instead of spending your time figuring out how to misrepresentation the basic facts I'm presenting . You need to close you mouth and open your ears.

Your not serious about discussing pisteuo , go start your own thread about how God does everything for you. But make sure you talk about the point where He stops doing everything for you . I'm curious where you will draw the line.

MennoSota

God gave me my arms , my mouth , my teeth , does that mean God eats for me also.

Instead of spending your time figuring out how to misrepresentation the basic facts I'm presenting . You need to close you mouth and open your ears.

Your not serious about discussing pisteuo , go start your own thread about how God does everything for you. But make sure you talk about the point where He stops doing everything for you . I'm curious where you will draw the line.
You are proven wrong by God's word. You should stay silent when you teach falsely.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You are proven wrong by God's word. You should stay silent when you teach falsely.

Right , pisteuo " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender " is something God does for us . In effect God surrenders our lives to Himself for us . Got it , that's the truth . And the NT word pisteuo and the Greek definition are false . And because I just brought the Greek word pisteuo to light , and posted the Greek definition , I'm a false teacher.

I don't teach people things that don't belong to them yet.

You want to ignore pisteuo , that's your choice. You are doing it , God is not ignoring it for you.

MennoSota

Right , pisteuo " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender " is something God does for us . In effect God surrenders our lives to Himself for us . Got it , that's the truth . And the NT word pisteuo and the Greek definition are false . And because I just brought the Greek word pisteuo to light , and posted the Greek definition , I'm a false teacher.

I don't teach people things that don't belong to them yet.

You want to ignore pisteuo , that's your choice. You are doing it , God is not ignoring it for you.
Dead men cannot personally surrender. There is the fatal flaw you cannot seem to grasp.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Bumped for anyone having the desire to discuss pisteuo and the facts about pisteuo honestly .

And also submit your understanding of the Salvation process with pisteuo applied .

Cross Reference

Redemption notwithstanding, one must be born again for understanding salvation to happen. It will first explain what salvation is purposed to accomplish for God.

G'nite

Faither

BANNED
Banned

This thread is specifically about the word pisteuo , it's Greek definition , and related facts about pisteuo .

whitestone

This faith "Pistis" is it given to some by God or is it something someone musters up of their own accord,desire,efforts ect. 1 Corinthians 12:9 KJV ?

MennoSota

This thread is specifically about the word pisteuo , it's Greek definition , and related facts about pisteuo .
pisteuō is an important word to understand. Pronounced as pist-yoo'-o, it means to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing). That is by implication to entrust: - believe, commit (to trust), put trust in.

The word is derived from another greek word, pistis (πίστις - pronounced pis'-tis) which means persuasion, credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher), especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; with constancy in such profession.

John 3:16 is a wonderful verse for those who love Christ, but like anything in Scripture it can get twisted. Many people who know John 3:16, would say they do believe in Jesus like it says. But the kind of "believe" they mean may be the wrong kind. It's more like the kind you mean when you say "I don't believe in Santa". This is an intellectual assent to a fact, without any evidence in their lives of the commitment that follows if you really believe. If you overlay the above definitions of pisteuō onto John 3:16, the kind of believing implied is one in which “God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever relies upon Christ for salvation and commits to him should not perish but have eternal life.

Saying it that way makes it a little harder for people to say “sure I believe in Jesus!” Even demons do that! (James 2:19)

It's one thing for us to say we believe in God. It's true faith though when we believe God and put our faith and trust in His Son, Jesus Christ.

Cross Reference

pisteuō is an important word to understand. Pronounced as pist-yoo'-o, it means to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing). That is by implication to entrust: - believe, commit (to trust), put trust in.

The word is derived from another greek word, pistis (πίστις - pronounced pis'-tis) which means persuasion, credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher), especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; with constancy in such profession.

John 3:16 is a wonderful verse for those who love Christ, but like anything in Scripture it can get twisted. Many people who know John 3:16, would say they do believe in Jesus like it says. But the kind of "believe" they mean may be the wrong kind. It's more like the kind you mean when you say "I don't believe in Santa". This is an intellectual assent to a fact, without any evidence in their lives of the commitment that follows if you really believe. If you overlay the above definitions of pisteuō onto John 3:16, the kind of believing implied is one in which “God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that **whoever relies upon Christ for salvation and commits to him should not perish but have eternal life.

Saying it that way makes it a little harder for people to say “sure I believe in Jesus!” Even demons do that! (James 2:19)

It's one thing for us to say we believe in God. It's true faith though when we believe God and put our faith and trust in His Son, Jesus Christ.

Good point.

Now note the words: ** "whoever" and "Commits", by an act of one's freewill can it only happen..

Well written from an easy read Bible for even more clarity for those who are having a hard time sorting things out. No one should require more if he is of a sound mind. The next verse gives a little more on how one MIGHT BE saved. "Might be" infers that it is up to the individual because, assuming the cross and "it is Finished", God would have given ALL that He could give to seal man to the only enablement that it MIGHT happen, i.e., "Redemption".

The born again man knows he has been redeemed and that by entering the process of sonship [John 1:12 (KJV)] in the Father by the resurrection Life of Christ Jesus as his example, Glorification awaits him.

Last edited: