ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Danoh

Accept my apology for not spelling your name right. I've been writing dunoh and I just saw its danoh.

Don't tell musterion! lol

No need to apologize, some misspell it intentionally and it bothers me not.

Its not like its my real name, nor that this matters one way or the other.

You'll find I have very few friends on TOL, and I actually prefer it that way.

It keeps me free of the various clicks one ends up having to be loyal to...

Its great to be free to stand up for anyone when they are in the right, or speak against anyone in the wrong.

You and I might disagree on one thing or another. No problem. That is what debate is for.

Bring it on, stand your ground til you have been persuaded in your own mind otherwise, and ignore the intolerance of the brown noses, the know it alls, and the my way or the highway types, and you'll find yourself able to learn from the brightest and the less than, and every spectrum in between.

But anyway, you're still off on this faither concept :)

Interplanner

Ya, I like that! But its the specific act of surrendering our life and will to God that's hard to swallow. What your understanding on the specific act of Pisteuo?

I'll catch your reply in the am.

You can make it too big of an issue by being too conscious about it. People will 'volunteer freely on the day of His power' says Ps 2. In other words, it is not a matter of just jerking our will around with our nervous system, to do something. We have to be awash in the value, the inspiration, the worth of what needs to be done, to the point that we don't care how much surrender there is. At the end of the day, 'his yoke is easy and his burden is light.' Because there is love for what he wants done.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 3

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference
:

Go ahead and "fix" this bad translation for us.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
No need to apologize, some misspell it intentionally and it bothers me not.

Its not like its my real name, nor that this matters one way or the other.

You'll find I have very few friends on TOL, and I actually prefer it that way.

It keeps me free of the various clicks one ends up having to be loyal to...

Its great to be free to stand up for anyone when they are in the right, or speak against anyone in the wrong.

You and I might disagree on one thing or another. No problem. That is what debate is for.

Bring it on, stand your ground til you have been persuaded in your own mind otherwise, and ignore the intolerance of the brown noses, the know it alls, and the my way or the highway types, and you'll find yourself able to learn from the brightest and the less than, and every spectrum in between.

But anyway, you're still off on this faither concept :)

I just wish all the discussions would stay within the borders like you seemed to have set for yourself.

You still are straight to the point, maybe a little rude but not over the line, but your not on a seek and destroy mission like some others I've met in the last week. I may have a little heard understanding, but I don't try and destroy people that don't instantly disagree with me. Ultimately, I know that most are here because they are being drawn by the Father, so it's my responsibility to point out stumbling blocks along the way, not to launch surface to air missiles at them.

Being up front with you though danoh, when you said you don't agree with the Greek dictionary's, definitions, and then went on to say you do exhaustive word searches instead. You lost me at that point. How can you do an exhaustive word search without getting into the original texts and the Greek definitions. This isn't me trying to debate what you said, like I said, you lost me. But at least you have the balls to put your understanding out there to be challenged. That is how we grow!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know that most are here because they are being drawn by the Father, so it's my responsibility to point out stumbling blocks along the way

:plain:

Romans 3

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference
:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You can make it too big of an issue by being too conscious about it. People will 'volunteer freely on the day of His power' says Ps 2. In other words, it is not a matter of just jerking our will around with our nervous system, to do something. We have to be awash in the value, the inspiration, the worth of what needs to be done, to the point that we don't care how much surrender there is. At the end of the day, 'his yoke is easy and his burden is light.' Because there is love for what he wants done.

Ya I remember you and I having a good connection a few years back, and then something went south. For some reason I have a hard time understanding where your coming from sometimes, i'll put that on me, being a disabled brick mason, you won't see me trying to claim any intellectual ground.

With that said, you are completely right! Having a Salvation experience can't be taught. It happened to me by accident, at least from my perspective. And I've tried to find others that are in the same state of being as I was, and just give them the same thing I was given, but I've never seen the same result. After 25 years of that, I now simply try and shine a light on the true meaning of one word, Pisteuo! Maybe that's even to much, but I simply just can't do nothing. I've heard it said, that the hardest thing to do in Christ, is to do nothing and just be in awe of Him, "the better part".

Anyway, you should know, I don't highlight this word as if were all in Christ. I highlight this word outside of Christ as people are being drawn by the Father. The reason being that most drawn out ones I think, feel the drawing of the Father and say, "i'm here", "and this is where I'm going to make my stand with Christ." But Christ and His Word are not for those who are still in the drawing stage. What solidifies this stand their making, is the mistranslated word, " believe". So you not only have most Christians camped outside Christ claiming Gods Word is theres, you have many of them starting churches and all kinds of other things, all built on the mistranslated word "believe," in a place that was only meant for people to be drawn through.

The only thing that can make those ones uncomfortable is the true meaning of the word pisteuo. So that's the least I feel I can do. I'm not only responsible for being accountable of the things I say, i'm also accountable for the things I do, or don't do.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know that most are here because they are being drawn by the Father, so it's my responsibility to point out stumbling blocks along the way

Romans 3

:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Over the next few days i'm going to post on this thread,certain Scriptures with the vines dictionary meaning in place of the mistranslated words. It will be very hard for many to accept. But remember, this doesn't just affect you, your entire household and family will be affected by this.

Positive comments and good questions only. Please no, "I don't accept the Greek dictionary definitions."

1) John 3:16

English translation : "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever "believes" (mistranslation) in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Greek translation : "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever "pisteuo" surrenders their life and will to Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

2) John 5:24

English translation : "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and "believes" (mistranslation) in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."

Greek translation : " Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and "surrenders their life" (pisteuo) to Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."

The reason for the two different translations is the English language has no word for the Greek word Pisteuo. So taking out the mistranslated word "believes" and putting in the Greek definition of pisteuo gives us a better understanding of what the Greek texts were trying to convey.

Pisteuo is used 248 times in the Gospels alone. I'll continue to post the true meanings of other Scriptures

4) Rom. 3:22

English mistranslation : even the righteousness of God which is through Faith In Jesus Christ to all and on all who "believe". (mistranslated word "believe) For there is no difference;

Greek corrected translation : even the righteousness of God which is through Faith in Jesus Christ to all and on all who "surrender there lives to Him". (pisteuo) For there is no difference;

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
1) John 3:16

English mistranslation : "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever "believes" (mistranslation) in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Greek correct translation : "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever "pisteuo" surrenders their life and will to Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

2) John 5:24

English mistranslation : "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and "believes" (mistranslation) in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."

Greek correct translation : " Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and "surrenders their life" (pisteuo) to Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."

The reason for the two different translations is the English language has no word for the Greek word Pisteuo. So taking out the mistranslated word "believes" and putting in the Greek definition of pisteuo gives us a better understanding of what the Greek texts were trying to convey.

Pisteuo is used 248 times in the Gospels alone. I'll continue to post the true meanings of other Scriptures

3 ) Rom. 3:22

English mistranslation : even the righteousness of God which is through Faith In Jesus Christ to all and on all who "believe". (mistranslated word "believe) For there is no difference;

Greek corrected translation : even the righteousness of God which is through Faith in Jesus Christ to all and on all who "surrender there lives to Him". (pisteuo) For there is no difference;

All of these correct Greek translations, I'm using the most aggressive translation to make my point.

I'm using " A personal surrender to Him," and a life inspired my such surrender." the vines definition of Pisteuo.

But I could use the strongs watered down version,

1) "Commit my life to Him"
2) "Commit my life unto Him"
3) " Trust my life to Him"
4) " Trust my life unto Him"

Anything, but the mistranslated words "believe, believer, or believing."

Last edited:

Bradley D

I agree with Faithers definition of pisteuo which includes believing. If one truly believes they will obey. I am aware of the examples of faith in Hebrews 11. Faith requires hope from all Christians "Only faith, not sense, can perceive the heavenly reality and grasp the promise future" (TDNT). Pisteuo strengthens that faith with believe/trust and believing means obeying.

Danoh

Just as Nick had been pointing out.

Your AA absolute surrender notion has you making a mockery of "the faith OF Christ" that Romans 3:22 is actually basically summarising IS the issue.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

What is this issue of "having begun in the Spirit..."? It is the issue of something that THE SPIRIT did the very moment in which they believed that Christ died for their sins...

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Some "Faither" came along to lay on the Galatians the fool notion they were to do something - that it was not as simple as taking as objective fact that Christ had died for their sins.

Its crystal clear for anyone willing to allow words to define their intended sense by HOW they are used.

One would have to be willingly blind to not see what Paul's contrast between "the hearing of faith" and "made perfect by the flesh" points to.

That the believing action is the hearing of faith. It is not a physical doing.

The hearing of faith is basically concluding a thing true.

It is an action of the mind...

To quote a former worker bee absolute surrenderist:

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

What is this "with the mind" business all about?

It is the issue, not of a physical action - he's proven that falls short - but of an already accomplished Identity the very moment one takes as fact "Christ died for my sins."

Look at it - "I am..." it is done.

And look where the source of the "work" comes from AFTER that - the same source - "the faith OF Christ."

Galatians 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

I have concluded you do not know what you are talking about. I have come to believe you are confused about this.

Whether I act on my belief or not does not change my having concluded you do not know what you are talking about.

That is the "faithing" Paul is talking about.

Here's one - I believe Donald Trump lives in Manhattan, NY.

Guess what? He does. In Trump Tower.

No action. None. That is what Romans 3 is talking about - deciding to take a thing as being fact.

Danoh

I agree with Faithers definition of pisteuo which includes believing. If one truly believes they will obey. I am aware of the examples of faith in Hebrews 11. Faith requires hope from all Christians "Only faith, not sense, can perceive the heavenly reality and grasp the promise future" (TDNT). Pisteuo strengthens that faith with believe/trust and believing means obeying.

Leave it to another of the regimented life outlook to allow that to distort the finished work of the Cross.

Are you so foolish? Having begun in the...oh, never mind...

:doh:

journey

Faither,

Please give your sources and definitions as written. I have Strong's, Vine's, Complete Word Study, and a dozen more dictionaries that don't have anything close to your definition for Pisteuo.

Strong's:

G4100

πιστεύω
pisteuō
pist-yoo'-o
From G4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), that is, credit; by implication to entrust (especially one’s spiritual well being to Christ): - believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.
Total KJV occurrences: 248

G4102

πίστις
pistis
pis'-tis
From G3982; persuasion, that is, credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher), especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; abstractly constancy in such profession; by extension the system of religious (Gospel) truth itself: - assurance, belief, believe, faith, fidelity.
Total KJV occurrences: 244

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Faither,

Please give your sources and definitions as written. I have Strong's, Vine's, Complete Word Study, and a dozen more dictionaries that don't have anything close to your definition for Pisteuo.

Strong's:

G4100

πιστεύω
pisteuō
pist-yoo'-o
From G4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), that is, credit; by implication to entrust (especially one’s spiritual well being to Christ): - believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.
Total KJV occurrences: 248

G4102

πίστις
pistis
pis'-tis
From G3982; persuasion, that is, credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher), especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; abstractly constancy in such profession; by extension the system of religious (Gospel) truth itself: - assurance, belief, believe, faith, fidelity.
Total KJV occurrences: 244

Pisteuo is 4100. the examples you gave are 4102.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Romans 3

:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree with Faithers definition of pisteuo which includes believing.

Romans 3

:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Romans 3

:

The corrected translation is on page 69 for you, as I said on post 70 and now post 80.