ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Ask who! I thought you were going to be helpful. All i'm presenting here is a discussion on "pisteuo". You gave the impression there were some good people in here that would like to discuss this. Is that no longer the case?

You will have to hope to they respond.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't shoot the messanger!

Deuteronomy 18

20 But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.’

Faither

BANNED
Banned
English mistranslation of the Greek word "pisteuo'.

Romans 6:8

"Now if we be dead with Christ, we "believe"(mistranslation) that we shall also live with him:"

Corrected English translation of the Greek word "pisteuo".

Romans 6:8

"Now if we be dead with Christ, we that "surrender our lives to Him" (pisteuo) shall also live with him:"

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What about you LA, do you agree with the definition of "pisteuo" given in the strongs and Vines I've presented?

I have much scripture to support your translations.

However the madists here hate the idea as they think they have received a gift which places no obligation on their part to honor it or the giver.

Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
Mat 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
Mat 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
Mat 25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
Mat 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Madists are like the unwise virgins who have added nothing to the gift they were given.

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
2Pe 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2Pe 1:6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2Pe 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
2Pe 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Pe 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
2Pe 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Mat 25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
Mat 25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
Mat 25:16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
Mat 25:17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
Mat 25:18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
Mat 25:19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
Mat 25:20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
Mat 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Mat 25:22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
Mat 25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Mat 25:24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
Mat 25:25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
Mat 25:26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
Mat 25:27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
Mat 25:28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
Mat 25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
Mat 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

LA

God's Truth

Walking by faith is not the obedience YOU preach.

You've been given every chance to understand the difference but your PRIDE has blinded you to the truth and clogged your ears with a wax that cannot be penetrated by the very word of God itself. How long will it be before you TURN TO God and believe...trusting Him instead of yourself?

It's so simple..... It's not repentance from sins, as you preach, but repentance TOWARD God. You're like Lot's wife who looked back and turned into salt. It's your pride that keeps you from going forward and walking by faith. Sin and obedience to commandments is all you know. That is all any man of the flesh knows.

Acts 20:21
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.​

God's Word is so good. I live in perpetual obedience of a changed person...always forgiving, always humble, and thinking only what is lovely and true...how do you not preach obedience too?

If I did not obey and repent of my sins, I would not have the sight that I have.

What are you doing if you are not obeying?

God's Truth

The Pharisees taught obedience to God and it did them no more good than it does you, because they sought to please God by their own efforts. That isn't faith and trust in God...it's trust in themselves.

That is not in the Bible, no such teaching.

The Pharisees did not obey. Jesus says they did not.

God's Truth

GT is totally the Pharisee in Luke 18:10 KJV

You are like the Pharisee. YOU are the one that says we do not have to repent of our sins. The Pharisee in that scripture did NOT repent of his sins, he only spoke to God about the things he did right.

If you want to be saved, you have to admit you are a sinner and not just think about the things you do right, you have to confess what you have done wrong.

God's Truth

Ya, gods truth. You've gone into the next phase of your development with personal attacks. Here's the Greek word for "obedeint". Please don't take this as, i want to further our discussion, because as it is now i don't.

This thread is about "pisteuo" comes from the root word "pistis". Pistis is the noun, and pisteuo is the corresponding verb. As i've stated if you had taken the time to read any of my posts is, the English language has no word for "pisteuo", therefore it was mistranslated into English as believe, believer, and believing.

Your word "obedient" comes from a completely different root. It's "hupakoe" in the Greek. 5218, 5219 in the strongs.

So as you can see "Hupakoe" (obedience) has nothing to do with Saving faithing or "pisteuo".

Just obey Jesus and then he will reveal the truth to you. That is what he says. Just believe him.

God's Truth

Salvation is by Grace through faith.(pistis) Putting pistis into action or applying pistis is pisteuo. (Faithing)

The action of pisteuo is an act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence.

What is the specific action? Vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender."

It's not that difficult to understand.

Why don't you make a new Bible version? You do not even know that surrendering to someone is obeying them.

I would not care to read your version since your spirit is not right, IMHO.

God's Truth

It is almost too funny to think about. Just imagine a person surrendering to you but not obeying you! What ridiculous nonsense.

God's Truth

I'm a nothingburger who God decided to give a truth to that would change his life forever.

I'm not self taught. I have also been given the best of the best Bible instructors, which also came to me by accident.

I'm nothing! But i've been given a truth, and i will share it with anyone who will listen.

I think you are rude and argue about words that do not matter. The Bible warns about that.

God's Truth

I'm only here to point out a very important step on how to follow Christ. I back this up by the exact definitions in the Greek texts. I have never injected my opinion or tried to teach any of Gods word. I am not a teacher. I'm more like someone who warns people before they stumble, and then stand them up to try again. Nothing outrageous. I only would talk to those about Gods Word if i can see they've followed the straight path and not jump over or go around Gods simple truths.

You speak against obedience. How do you ever get that you can help people not stumble if you do not preach obedience?

God's Truth

I also like to put my understandings out there for others to see, so they might show me a better understanding and i could know Christ better. But i won't give up my understandings without someone showing me a better one.

I mostly just get personal attacks.

What about you Kat, what will you do with the understanding i've presented to you?

Do you know what a hypocrite is? You mistreated me for speaking my beliefs, yet you expect everyone here to accept it that the word 'believe' should not be in the Bible.

God's Truth

Where did i present myself as the most knowledgeable. I've never seen anyone talk about the topic on this thread in 10 years of presenting it myself. Where can i find these discussions about pisteuo and the mistranslation of it?

Just read how you speak to me.

God's Truth

I'm accually always looking for the people that can share with me better understandings. Thats how we learn to know Christ better. So i think your mistaking confidence for all knowing.

If you show me in the archives where i can see your previous discussions on this topic i would appreciate it.

You really do not see yourself for what you are. I wanted to have a serious discussion about surrender verses belief, but you didn't want to hear it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have much scripture to support your translations.

However the madists here hate the idea as they think they have received a gift which places no obligation on their part to honor it or the giver.

Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
Mat 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
Mat 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
Mat 25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
Mat 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Madists are like the unwise virgins who have added nothing to the gift they were given.

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
2Pe 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2Pe 1:6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2Pe 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
2Pe 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Pe 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
2Pe 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Mat 25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
Mat 25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
Mat 25:16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
Mat 25:17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
Mat 25:18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
Mat 25:19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
Mat 25:20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
Mat 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Mat 25:22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
Mat 25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Mat 25:24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
Mat 25:25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
Mat 25:26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
Mat 25:27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
Mat 25:28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
Mat 25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
Mat 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

LA

Did you miss this Faither?

LA