ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I'll take as many chances and hit and runs as I like.

I know both Greek and Hebrew, and your mutilation is unwarranted.
You stretch the meanings so far out there that it is not even visible.

I guess thats a no to having discussion. I gave you the chance and treated you with respect.

Oh, and that mutilation is a WORD FOR WORD definition out of the Greek strongs and vines dictionaries. So it's not me , they have mutilated your understanding.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Reality check :

Facts:
1) I've said, the English language has no word for the verb form of faith.
Danoh disagrees. Replies with personal attacks.

2) I've said, the word "believe" is a mistranslation.
Danoh disagrees with no explanation. Replies with personal attacks.

3)I've said, the word "pisteuo" is a verb,. an action word.

4)I've said, "pisteuo" is used 248 times in the NT.

5)I've said, "pisteuo" in the strongs means not just to believe, but commit unto, be committed unto, be reliant upon,commit to ones trust.
Danoh disagrees with no explanation. Thinks that just because he doesn't accept this, it wrong for everyone. Replies with personal attacks.

6)I've said, "pisteuo" in the Vines Greek dictionary means, "a personal surrender to Him," "and a life inspired by such surrender."
Danoh disagrees with no explanation, Replies with personal attacks. Again thinks that just because he doesn't accept this , that its wrong.

7)I've said, in many scriptures that the word "pisteuo" is used and have shown the correct definition, as per the Greek dictionary.
Danoh disagrees, with no explanation, just more personal attacks.

8)I've said, Grace is a finished work that Christ did on the cross.
Danoh disagrees with more personal attacks. saying that it's possible for someone to replace Grace with works.

9) I've said, "faithing or pisteuo" is how we access the Grace of God, making Him, His Spirit and His Word ours to talk about.
Danoh disagrees, saying that "pisteuo" is a work that nullifies Grace." Proving that Danoh supports the fact that Christs work on the cross is not finished , that one "could" substitute works for Grace.

If you've been trusting Danoh for Biblical understandings, i 've proven all he has to offer is personal attacks. And i gotta say, hes good at it.

There is no such word in the Greek as "believe". I know it's hard to accept , but get over it and move forward accordingly,.

If what i'm presenting to you was false, i would expect the administrator to remove what i'm posting. He's not!

Danoh

I've given you plenty of explanation.

Only for you to continue to prove yourself incompetent at discerning anything other than this absolutley fool idea of yours that words get their meanings from dictionaries.

In my "dictionary" - a living "dictionary" where actions identify meanings - your continued action has thus far continued to define you as a fool.

I speak several languages FLUENTLY, and am presently learning another one.

One thing I have learned is that words are not static things one points to in, or lifts out of dictionaries, just because "well, this IS what the dictionary says, see; here it is; right here; get with MY program!"

Rather, words are ever alive - their intended sense determined by an ever alive moment to moment "WHEN" they are found being used, "HOW" they are being used, "WHERE" they are found being used, "by WHOM, as to WHAT," in light of "WHAT to WHOM," which is their "WHY."

You are a fool. All you have done is switched "bottle" labels - from "this bottle of alchol = happiness" to "this new bottle does - here; have a drink of pride with me..."

You are blind as a bat as to this.

You don't even disecern that my posts against your delusion are not removed either.

Thus, your fool conclusion that you are agreed with because your fool mess has been allowed only proves the profound level of the "pick and choose" delusion you have blinded yourself with.

You are allowed your say because this forum allows a (nevertheless necessarily limited) amount of free speech.

THAT does NOT prove your OBVIOUS delusion valid any more than a Bar Owner allowing a drunk his need to intoxicate himself means the Bar Owner believes said drunk is on a right path.

In short :doh:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I've given you plenty of explanation.

Only for you to continue to prove yourself incompetent at discerning anything other than this absolutley fool idea of yours that words get their meanings from dictionaries.

In my "dictionary" - a living "dictionary" where actions identify meanings - your continued action has thus far continued to define you as a fool.

I speak several languages FLUENTLY, and am presently learning another one.

One thing I have learned is that words are not static things one points to in, or lifts out of dictionaries, just because "well, this IS what the dictionary says, see; here it is; right here; get with MY program!"

Rather, words are ever alive - their intended sense determined by an ever alive moment to moment "WHEN" they are found being used, "HOW" they are being used, "WHERE" they are found being used, "by WHOM, as to WHAT," in light of "WHAT to WHOM," which is their "WHY."

You are a fool. All you have done is switched "bottle" labels - from "this bottle of alchol = happiness" to "this new bottle does - here; have a drink of pride with me..."

You are blind as a bat as to this.

You don't even disecern that my posts against your delusion are not removed either.

Thus, your fool conclusion that you are agreed with because your fool mess has been allowed only proves the profound level of the "pick and choose" delusion you have blinded yourself with.

You are allowed your say because this forum allows a (nevertheless necessarily limited) amount of free speech.

THAT does NOT prove your OBVIOUS delusion valid any more than a Bar Owner allowing a drunk his need to intoxicate himself means the Bar Owner believes said drunk is on a right path.

In short :doh:

You madists want it that you need surrender nothing to Jesus Christ in order to be saved.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Salvation is a gift.

Did you ever surrender up a payment for a gift?

You must die with Christ in order to enter the first resurrection.

Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:34 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?
Luk 14:35 It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Danoh

You madists want it that you need surrender nothing to Jesus Christ in order to be saved.

LA

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Danoh

You must die with Christ in order to enter the first resurrection.

Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:34 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?
Luk 14:35 It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

What a mess you made of Philippians 3 by your "one size fits all" notions.

:doh:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
English mistranslation of the Greek word "pisteuo".

Romans 4:24

"But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed , if we "believe" (mistranslation) on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;"

Corrected translation of the Greek word "pisteuo".

"But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed , if we "commit our lives to" (pisteuo) him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;"

If your being drawn to know more about Christ, you are no doubt being drawn by God the Father to christ. We are being drawn to Christ to make a decision, a decision of whether we are going to commit ours lives to Him or not.

"believing" is not an option! This word is a mistranslation that the scholars, with no fault of their own, did not have the right English word to translate "pisteuo".

In the Greek texts, there is only "pisteuo" moving forwards, or (apisteuo) moving backwards. We are either moving forwards or backwards continually. There is no state of being "as just believing)", no middle ground, no in between the two.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Salvation is a gift.

Did you ever surrender up a payment for a gift?

I didn't write the NT, the word used 248 times is "pisteuo". I've given the exact definitions many times.
This is not my "opinion", this is what "pisteuo" means whether you like it or not. Do you accept the definition of "pisteuo"? If not give me the definition you stand on.

God's Truth

English mistranslation of the Greek word "pisteuo".

"But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed , if we "believe" (mistranslation) on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;"

Corrected translation of the Greek word "pisteuo".

"But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed , if we "commit our lives to" (pisteuo) him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;"

If your being drawn to know more about Christ, you are no doubt being drawn by God the Father to christ. We are being drawn to Christ to make a decision, a decision of whether we are going to commit ours lives to Him or not.

"believing" is not an option! This word is a mistranslation that the scholars, with no fault of their own, did not have the right English word to translate "pisteuo".

In the Greek texts, there is only "pisteuo" moving forwards, or (apisteuo) moving backwards. We are either moving forwards or backwards continually. There is no state of being "as just believing)", no middle ground, no in between the two.

That is right; we are working at something all the time; whether it is sin, or righteousness.

There are people here that teach faith alone without works.

However, they are working no matter what, even if that work is sin.

Romans 6:16 PAUL says, "...whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness..."

If we want to be saved and stay saved, we must be obedient to Christ.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
That is right; we are working at something all the time; whether it is sin, or righteousness.

There are people here that teach faith alone without works.

However, they are working no matter what, even if that work is sin.

Romans 6:16 PAUL says, "...whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness..."

If we want to be saved and stay saved, we must be obedient to Christ.

How do we surrender our lives to Christ knowing that our lives won't be ours anymore, and then strap the burden of being "obedient" on ourselves. Obedience is a fruit of the Spirit of Christ that is in us as the result of our surrendering our lives to Him.

Liked your post alot until the last line.

God's Truth

How do we surrender our lives to Christ knowing that our lives won't be ours anymore, and then strap the burden of being "obedient" on ourselves. Obedience is a fruit of the Spirit of Christ that is in us as the result of our surrendering our lives to Him.

Liked your post alot until the last line.

Jesus' words are life. He is the Way. We will not get in that life if we do not do what the Way says to get in that life. What does Jesus say? Jesus says to humble yourself as a little child or you will NEVER ENTER. What does it mean to humble yourself as a child? It means to be ready to obey everything that God says. Jesus says if we do not forgive we will not be forgiven. So tell me how you are forgiven if you do not forgive others? Jesus says to repent of your sins. How is that a burden? Those words are light, easy, not burdensome---they are life.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Lets try something new today!

All of you who vehemently disagree with the simple definition of "pisteuo" in the Greek dictionaries, give me your definition and put it into scripture as i had. Remember, define the word as per the Greek definition, then put it into a Scripture.

This will give you a chance to explain yourselves

Vines: "A personal surrender to Him", "and a life inspired by such surrender."

Strongs: "reliance upon", "commit unto"," be committed unto", commit to ones trust",

God's Truth

Lets try something new today!

All of you who vehemently disagree with the simple definition of "pisteuo" in the Greek dictionaries, give me your definition and put it into scripture as i had. Remember, define the word as per the Greek definition, then put it into a Scripture.

This will give you a chance to explain yourselves

Vines: "A personal surrender to Him", "and a life inspired by such surrender."

It's all about obeying.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Jesus' words are life. He is the Way. We will not get in that life if we do not do what the Way says to get in that life. What does Jesus say? Jesus says to humble yourself as a little child or you will NEVER ENTER. What does it mean to humble yourself as a child? It means to be ready to obey everything that God says. Jesus says if we do not forgive we will not be forgiven. So tell me how you are forgiven if you do not forgive others? Jesus says to repent of your sins. How is that a burden? Those words are light, easy, not burdensome---they are life.

His burden is light, but its still a burden, His yoke is easy, but it's still a yoke.

Our first problem is you understand that the Word of God is ours at birth to claim and talk about. Rom 8:9 is a foundational Scripture that tells us , if the Spirit of Christ be not ours, then Christ is not ours. If Christ is not ours , then His Word is not ours either. You can't "obey" yourself into Christ. But you can "surrender" yourself into Him.

God's Truth

His burden is light, but its still a burden, His yoke is easy, but it's still a yoke.

Our first problem is you understand that the Word of God is ours at birth to claim and talk about. Rom 8:9 is a foundational Scripture that tells us , if the Spirit of Christ be not ours, then Christ is not ours. If Christ is not ours , then His Word is not ours either. You can't "obey" yourself into Christ. But you can "surrender" yourself into Him.

You are not saying what the scriptures say. You say his yoke is burdensome. The Word of God says his commands are not burdensome.

Surrendering is obeying.

Jesus says you will not be blessed as a family member and friend unless you obey.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
It's all about obeying.

Have you surrendered your life to Christ? And are you surrendering your life continually to Him?
Do you make your many daily decisions on the fact "HE" is in control of your life now?

This is what "pisteuo" is. And "pisteuo" is the only saving faith there is.