Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    I can tell that Faither really enjoys reading his own posts over and over. It is only in that way that he can find someone who actually believes his fables.
    It is not so much a fable he wishes to get across but an erroneous idea that the word "believe" is incomplete and if we would just accept his notion, which he claims the two Greek words "Pist and pistus" he espouses explains, we would be legally bound to God. Our freewill given over to "Faither" would accomplish what the cross could not do, i.e., save mankind.


    Am I right so far, Jon, the "Faither"? You do have lesson books on this, correct? How 'bout offerings? Do we send you ours to pay for your Dr. Gene Scott authored books? Does one have to be born again?
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Faither View Post
      Why don't you take some time to think , come back with a willingness to have an honest discussion .
      You never wanted an honest discussion as witnessed by the fact that you quoted Vine's to make your case but you left out the following definition also found there:

      "to believe"

      That defintion by itself destroys you silly argument about the meaning of the Greek word pisteuo so it is not difficult to understand why you left it out!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
        You never wanted an honest discussion as witnessed by the fact that you quoted Vine's to make your case but you left out the following definition also found there:

        "to believe"

        That defintion by itself destroys you silly argument about the meaning of the Greek word pisteuo so it is not difficult to understand why you left it out!
        It's not in there Jerry . Claiming it is in the Vines definition of pisteuo is teetering on an evil act .
        I showed you how they specifically state pisteuo means " NOT " just to believe .

        And that is stated not only in the Vines but the Strongs even plainer . Maybe even you could understand it .

        Comment


        • Pisteuo us a verb , an act , based upon a belief , sustained by confidence . Belief is part of the truth , but not the whole truth .

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Faither View Post
            Pisteuo us a verb , an act , based upon a belief , sustained by confidence . Belief is part of the truth , but not the whole truth .
            "Belief" is one of the meanings and is not just a part of the truth. I have already quoted from Vine's and here is the primary meaning of the word given by John Henry Thayer, a recognized Greek expert:
            "to believe...to think to be true; to be persuaded of" (John Henry Thayer, A Areek-English Lexicon of the New Testament (Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1977, p.511).

            You wouldn't know the truth if it hit you right between the eyes because you are not looking for the truth!

            Originally posted by Faither View Post
            Claiming it is in the Vines definition of pisteuo is teetering on an evil act .
            Anyone can click on the following link and then click on the words "View Entry" next to the words "Vine's Expository Dictionary" and there we read this defintion:

            "to believe."

            https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...gs=G4100&t=KJV

            You said that you gave the "complete" definition of the word found in Vine's but yet you left out the very definition which proves that your made-up ideas about the word are wrong!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
              "Belief" is one of the meanings and is not just a part of the truth. I have already quoted from Vine's and here is the primary meaning of the word given by John Henry Thayer, a recognized Greek expert:
              "to believe...to think to be true; to be persuaded of" (John Henry Thayer, A Areek-English Lexicon of the New Testament (Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1977, p.511).

              You wouldn't know the truth if it hit you right between the eyes because you are not looking for the truth!



              Anyone can click on the following link and then click on the words "View Entry" next to the words "Vine's Expository Dictionary" and there we read this defintion:

              "to believe."

              https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...gs=G4100&t=KJV

              You said that you gave the "complete" definition of the word found in Vine's but yet you left out the very definition which proves that your made-up ideas about the word are wrong!
              Do you think anyone else will notice your link is from the " Strongs " and not the " Vines " as I specifically stated .

              The Strongs does say " to believe " because they chose the word to " believe" to translate pisteuo , because the English has no verb form of pisteuo like the Greek does .

              But all you have to do is read the next line in the Strongs also Jerry I quote , " PISTEUO MEANS NOT JUST TO BELIEVE !!!!!!!!!!!! 🚷

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Faither View Post
                The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

                I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

                With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

                "Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

                When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
                "faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

                Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.
                Bump

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Faither View Post
                  Do you think anyone else will notice your link is from the " Strongs " and not the " Vines " as I specifically stated .
                  You can't even follow the simple instructions which I gave about how to read what Vine's says about the word:

                  Anyone can click on the following link and then click on the words "View Entry" next to the words "Vine's Expository Dictionary" and there we read this defintion:

                  "to believe."

                  https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...gs=G4100&t=KJV

                  Comment


                  • What does that have anything to do with the fact both the Strongs and Vines specifically state , " pisteuo means not just to believe ?"

                    Go off and just believe , your choice . Just don't try to take others down with you .

                    Just like Jn 2:23 If you just believe , Christ won't commit Himself to you . And you were warned , most won't be .

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Faither View Post
                      What does that have anything to do with the fact both the Strongs and Vines specifically state , " pisteuo means not just to believe ?"
                      You said that you gave the "complete" definition of the word given by Vine's but you left off this definition:

                      "to believe"

                      That definition alone destroys your argument.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                        You said that you gave the "complete" definition of the word given by Vine's but you left off this definition:

                        "to believe"

                        That definition alone destroys your argument.
                        What part of " pisteuo means not just to believe ,in the Vines and Strongs don't you comprehend ?
                        Are you saying that disclaimer isn't in the definitions also ?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Faither View Post
                          What part of " pisteuo means not just to believe ,in the Vines and Strongs don't you comprehend ?
                          Are you saying that disclaimer isn't in the definitions also ?
                          You said that you gave the "complete" definition of the word from Vine's but you left out the one definition which completely destroys your argument:
                          "to believe"

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Faither View Post
                            The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

                            I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

                            With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

                            "Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

                            When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
                            "faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

                            Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

                            Example no. 2 of the 248 times pisteuo is used in the NT .

                            ,1 ) with mistranslated English word " believe " .

                            Luke 24:25 : " Then He said to them , o fools , and slow of heart to " believe "all that the prophets have spoken ."

                            2) with exact definition of mistranslated word " believe ".

                            Luke 24:25 : " then He said to them , o fools , and slow of heart to " have the necessary relationship with Him , but only having a good opinion of Him ," and all that the prophets have spoken ."

                            3) with the correct translation of the Greek word pisteuo .

                            Luke 24:25 : " then He said to them , o fools , and slow of heart to " faithe " in all the prophets have spoken " .

                            4) with the exact definition of the Greek word pisteuo .

                            Luke ,24:25. :. " Then He said to them , o fools , and slow of heart to " surrender your lives to Him , living a life inspired by such surrender, and trusting " all that the prophets have spoken ".

                            The Vines and Strongs tell us that pisteuo , how Faith is applied is " NOT " just to believe . This can give you a better idea with the exact definitions of pisteuo used .

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Faither View Post
                              The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I conosider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

                              I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

                              With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

                              "Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

                              When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
                              "faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

                              Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

                              Without understanding pisteuo , or how Faith is correctly applied , sound teaching becomes another gospel . Saying it another way , we could be at the point in history where nobody will accept sound doctrine , such as what is being presented here .

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Faither View Post
                                The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

                                I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

                                With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

                                "Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

                                When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
                                "faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

                                Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.
                                Facts about the correct understanding of NT saving Faith and faithing

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X