ECT Doctrine and Denominations

HisServant

The Holy Catholic Church is not a denomination, but the genuine original Church (institution/organization) that our Lord built, upon Peter, which brings us to the answer: the Holy See, and/or the Church's Magisterium (all HCC bishops teaching unanimously), does teach errorlessly. When they say so.
A or C. Note that the HCC is not a denomination.
No.

I disagree, the RCC has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus, the apostles and Peter other than its fabricated mythology.

Peters life and journeys are well documented in scripture... also his mission was to the Jews and not the Gentiles. So there was no reason for him to ever even want to go to Rome.

Then there is the fact that it was just plain illegal to be a Christian in the Roman empire and was punishable by death prior to around AD300 (The same continued after it changed to Christianity.. other religions were illegal). Early church historical documents along with archaeological evidence proves that there was no central church in Rome till after 300AD and the supposed apostolic line that they claim as proof is full of holes.

The fact is that no one really knows... so the Romanists plugged the holes with mythology and then ruled with the sword...

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I disagree, the RCC has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus, the apostles and Peter other than its fabricated mythology.
Shrug.
Peters life and journeys are well documented in scripture... also his mission was to the Jews and not the Gentiles. So there was no reason for him to ever even want to go to Rome.
His life is well documented outside Scripture too. And he died in Rome, along with Paul.
Then there is the fact that it was just plain illegal to be a Christian in the Roman empire and was punishable by death prior to around AD300 (The same continued after it changed to Christianity.. other religions were illegal). Early church historical documents along with archaeological evidence proves that there was no central church in Rome till after 300AD and the supposed apostolic line that they claim as proof is full of holes.
Shrug.
The fact is that no one really knows... so the Romanists plugged the holes with mythology and then ruled with the sword...
The only fact that you've established is that you happen to subscribe to your own opinions, and that those opinions change nothing.

Shrug.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is there a particular denomination that has the exact set of beliefs which we should all hold to?

The ones listed in the Bible. For example, the Holy Bible is explicit in that the heavens, earth, and everything in them were made in six days. So if a denomination tries to say otherwise, you know they are not in the faith.

HisServant

Shrug.
His life is well documented outside Scripture too. And he died in Rome, along with Paul.
Shrug.
The only fact that you've established is that you happen to subscribe to your own opinions, and that those opinions change nothing.

Shrug.

no, these are not my opinions, all of them are part of peer approved archaeological and cultural studies. I.e. they actually have facts to back them up instead of mythology.

You do realize that your history of Peter being in Rome was written after 300 AD... right? for political purposes.. right?

There are no contemporary reports of Peter being in Rome during his lifetime and the most prolific writer of the New Testament (Paul), never mentions him being there even once.

Peter died in the ruins of Babylon, ministering to all the Jews that fled there to escape Roman persecution (the Romans were and still are world class professionals at trying to kill anyone that disagrees with them and does not fall in line).

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
no, these are not my opinions, all of them are part of peer approved archaeological and cultural studies. I.e. they actually have facts to back them up instead of mythology.
Fine. Produce them.
You do realize that your history of Peter being in Rome was written after 300 AD... right? for political purposes.. right?
Of course I don't realize lies.
There are no contemporary reports of Peter being in Rome during his lifetime
This assumes that your view is correct, which is . . . begging the question.
and the most prolific writer of the New Testament (Paul), never mentions him being there even once.
There are lots of things that Paul never mentions. So what?
Peter died in the ruins of Babylon, ministering to all the Jews that fled there to escape Roman persecution (the Romans were and still are world class professionals at trying to kill anyone that disagrees with them and does not fall in line).
Produce evidence.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The remnant of God is always the minority view.
Oh boy, that old saw. You really ought to consider the "narrow gate" verse in the context of all history and not just to defend your tiny vision of our Lord's Church.
What makes you think the majority view is valid?
Evidence.
The Holocaust in Germany or what?
Huh?
If all gentiles believed the Jews were better off dead, even the Christians, then it was true?
Huh?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I don't know what happened. I have a screen that shows a quote-unquote Post 41, where Servetustoutheou says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
Let me see if I can help us all interpret your view:

Matthew 16:18 says, according to you, "...you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it [until AD 120]."

There. All better now?
I like Peter. You think I don't?
Now there's not even a Post 38. So, at any rate, and Servetustoutheou is banned now, this is my response.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see within our lifetime the re-communion of the Holy Catholic and the Holy Orthodox church-types. The Orthodox will not be required to acknowledge the papacy's primacy over the Church. This does nothing between the HCC and Protestants, but it does continue to widen the Narrow Gate.