ECT A quote on justification

journey

"Bash"?

That's what you think I'm doing? If so, you're wrong. This is about what he taught.

I'm not bashful. If I had meant to say that - I would have. I just plainly stated what I won't do. I don't have to be convinced on what this is about. I apologize if you took my post wrong.

journey

Here's another quote.
You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.
- God
(50-60 AD)

Romans 3:23-28 KJV For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24. Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25. Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26. To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

musterion

I'm not bashful. If I had meant to say that - I would have. I just plainly stated what I won't do. I don't have to be convinced on what this is about. I apologize if you took my post wrong.

Never apologize for what someone else thinks. Apologize for whatever it is you said that made them think that, if you think anything needs apologizing for.

I don't think you have anything to apologize for. I posted the quote in the OP because I find it powerful and I agree with it. I brought up Ironside's duplicity ONLY because Danoh raised it first, and I wanted to briefly show what he was referring to.

This thread was never to be about that issue, much less "bashing" Ironside, so if you that's what it's about you'll have to take it up with Danoh.

journey

Never apologize for what someone else thinks. Apologize for whatever it is you said that made them think that, if you think anything needs apologizing for.

I don't think you have anything to apologize for. I posted the quote in the OP because I find it powerful and I agree with it. I brought up Ironside's duplicity ONLY because Danoh raised it first, and I wanted to briefly show what he was referring to.

This thread was never to be about that issue, much less "bashing" Ironside, so if you that's what it's about you'll have to take it up with Danoh.

I'm finished with the Ironside issue. I've said what I wanted to, but I could have been more clear in my last post or not post it at all. My intent was not to defend or excuse the actions of Ironside. One of my faults is to be too blunt sometimes.

turbosixx

Romans 3:23-28 KJV For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24. Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25. Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26. To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

So do you see it as one or the other?

journey

So do you see it as one or the other?

This is the Age of Grace, and the Gospel of the Grace of God is in effect. I don't think that works have anything to do with Salvation. Many things changed after the Cross, and the Apostle Paul revealed those changes.

Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9. Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Jesus Christ paid it all, and I have nothing worthy to add to His perfect and completed work at the Cross. The works I do are out of a heart of love for God.

turbosixx

This is the Age of Grace, and the Gospel of the Grace of God is in effect. I don't think that works have anything to do with Salvation. Many things changed after the Cross, and the Apostle Paul revealed those changes.

Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9. Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Jesus Christ paid it all, and I have nothing worthy to add to His perfect and completed work at the Cross. The works I do are out of a heart of love for God.

So how do you reconcile James with Paul?

turbosixx

James was written to the Jews

So you believe there are Jews and Gentiles in Christ and different rules for each? I understand these people to be Christians.

James 2:1 My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism.......12 So speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty.

journey

So you believe there are Jews and Gentiles in Christ and different rules for each? I understand these people to be Christians.

James 2:1 My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism.......12 So speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty.

We both already know that James and Paul contradict each other, and I've already given you my opinion about why. If you have another explanation that you like better, you're welcome to it. Regardless, I've said all I'm going to say on this issue.

journey

I know of no contradiction.

Now we're getting somewhere. James wrote to the Jews under the Law, and Paul wrote to the Gentiles under the Gospel of the Grace of God.

James 1:1 KJV James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Ephesians 1:1 KJV Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

You have the last word on this issue.

Danoh

Now we're getting somewhere. James wrote to the Jews under the Law, and Paul wrote to the Gentiles under the Gospel of the Grace of God.

James 1:1 KJV James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Ephesians 1:1 KJV Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

You have the last word on this issue.

They do not contradict one another.

Rather, each is the will of God to their respective recepient.

Paul's word was to those formerly lost Jews and Gentiles saved into the Body via Paul's gospel, after Israel's fall, Rom. 11:11; Rom. 11:14.

James' word is to both the believing remnant of Israel under the Law by faith (kept the Law from the heart, not mere outward profession) as well as to those of Israel who turned back to the God of their father's by actually believing Moses both in word an in deed, Acts 21:20.

This is the Two-Fold Purpose of God, Eph. 1:10; Eph. 3:15.

Why does it never occur to those opposed to Mid-Acts that someone will have to be, and run, the various positions of governmental authority IN HEAVEN ITSELF?

That "a city coming down from heaven" is just that - only one of its cities!

As Paul noted to the Body of Christ at Corinth when they couldn't even judge among themselves the short while the Body is here - "Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?" 1 Cor. 6:3