ECT MADs Are Weird...

Danoh

I mean, regardless of just about any Scriptural topic you might throw at them; you sit down to discuss it with them and not only do they right away want to go by the Scripture, but know where all the verses are without having to break much of a sweat.

What's the matter with these people - don't they know the Bible is not actually for that kind of level of familiarity with Genesis thru Revelation?

Someone ought to point these weird people to a nearby bookstore...all kinds of books "about" the Bible out there.

No need to know the passages, let alone, that readily at hand.

That's embarrassing to others...

Reactions: Lon

SaulToPaul 2

I've noticed that every thread, regardless of the original topic, if it goes on long enough ultimately boils down to a MAD vs. non-MAD argument, or how the KJB got it wrong.

That's a comforting thing for me. I know I am on the right track.

john w

Hall of Fame
I've noticed that every thread, regardless of the original topic, if it goes on long enough ultimately boils down to a MAD vs. non-MAD argument, or how the KJB got it wrong.

That's a comforting thing for me. I know I am on the right track.

Yes, and non MADists are tryin' to rile me so they can see that vein on my neck stick out. They like that, don't they Mayor?

john w

Hall of Fame
godrulz cliches

The guy in the white shirt has said everything on TOL in the video. Except the obvious mocking like "your posts are too long for morons like me".

My ideas are mainstream free will Deismtheism/Arminian, Wesleyian-ism. Your views are held by some, but not the historic, orthodox church. You are making our views diametrically opposed, when they are actually close (apart from difficult believism, and greasy law-ism,which is a different issue than salvific paradigms). Paul Crouch and Benny Hinn differed on cessationalism, yet both strongly affirm Holy Ghost bartending. The problem is your inability to think and lack of theological sophistication, not my view itself. You are clearly confused about our position because you are importing your wrong, shallow understanding and superimposing it on our views, which is not what you are claiming it is. Be balanced, and think biblical hermeneutics, in context..

A classic, by the great Nick!

OCTOBER23

Danoh said,

I mean, regardless of just about any Scriptural topic you might throw at them; you sit down to discuss it with them and not only do they right away want to go by the Scripture, but know where all the verses are without having to break much of a sweat.

What's the matter with these people - don't they know the Bible is not actually for that kind of level of familiarity with Genesis thru Revelation?

Someone ought to point these weird people to a nearby bookstore...all kinds of books "about" the Bible out there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS THE TYPICAL HIGH SCHOOL RESPONSE TO ANYONE SMARTER THAN THEM.

UNSTUDIOUS PEOPLE ARE JEALOUS AND ENVIOUS AND RESENT SMART PEOPLE.

8 YEARS AGO WE HAD EVEN MORE UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE BIBLE SCHOLARS THAN TODAY.

DANOH, BY THE WAY THIS IS A THEOLOGY FORUM.

So, Danoh, ASK YOURSELF , WHY ARE YOU HERE ?
========================================================

Danoh

Danoh said,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS THE TYPICAL HIGH SCHOOL RESPONSE TO ANYONE SMARTER THAN THEM.

UNSTUDIOUS PEOPLE ARE JEALOUS AND ENVIOUS AND RESENT SMART PEOPLE.

8 YEARS AGO WE HAD EVEN MORE UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE BIBLE SCHOLARS THAN TODAY.

DANOH, BY THE WAY THIS IS A THEOLOGY FORUM.

In college I went toe to toe with the best on the various philosophers, etc.

Spent some time with the likes of Pulitzer Prize winning playwrights, Arthur Miller and David Mamet.

Wore the latest clothes, etc.

Wined and dinned in the best of places.

My brains got me all that.

Left it's importance behind.

Having said that, I find the Mid-Acts Bible student a bit more astute than the seminary trained Pastor.

There is a huge difference between preparing a message based simply on a great deal of time in the Bible, and doing so surrounded by commentaries.

The Bible is it's own best commentary.

At the risk of offending some, I find that in most of Mid-Acts on here. Their acumen is higher. I say that while differing with them in my own understanding on some things.

Conclude what you will. In caps, even :rotfl:

OCTOBER23

BRAGGADOCIO, I like that.

Now you sound like an intelligent person instead of a teenager.

Of course, a seminary trained Pastor is trained to give General Sermons

relating to all members.

What are your main queries regarding the Bible that are not Answered to your satisfaction ?

Danoh

BRAGGADOCIO, I like that.

Now you sound like an intelligent person instead of a teenager.

Of course, a seminary trained Pastor is trained to give General Sermons

relating to all members.

What are your main queries regarding the Bible that are not Answered to your satisfaction ?

Not any that the Mid Acts Perspective has yet failed me in.

Thirteen little books - Romans thru Philemon...

And yet, an endless ocean of "breadth, and length, and depth, and height" as profound as the balance of Scripture combined and then some!

Romans thru Philemon - the very capstone of divine viewpoint!

In this, I'm afraid there is nothing you can answer - once a person sees Mid-Acts from then on its' "just the facts, man, just the facts..."

O would "that the eyes of your understanding" might catch even a glimpse of what we have been privileged to via The Mystery...

Interplanner

The thing I notice about MAD is that it does not sound like the key chapters on the subject, Rom 3,4, 9-11, 2 Cor 3-5, Heb 8-10, Gal 3-4, Acts 17. Perhaps if the people involved said why they were interested in their location in Acts, it would either make sense or fall apart; my hunch is the latter.

Meanwhile, let Danoh worship his mind all he wants.

OCTOBER23

DANOH said,

would "that the eyes of your understanding" might catch even a glimpse of what we have been privileged to via The Mystery...
---------------------------------------------------------
YOU SEEM LIKE YOU HAVE AN INQUISITIVE MIND................

What aspect would you like to Discuss or Know about.

Would you like to go into the PAST a Million Billion years

or into the distant Future of the Kingdom of God and our place in it ?:think:

Let me know cause I am curious to know how your mind and imagination work.:rapture:

Danoh

The thing I notice about MAD is that it does not sound like the key chapters on the subject, Rom 3,4, 9-11, 2 Cor 3-5, Heb 8-10, Gal 3-4, Acts 17. Perhaps if the people involved said why they were interested in their location in Acts, it would either make sense or fall apart; my hunch is the latter.

Lol, that last comment was hilarious :rotfl:

At the same time; you and yours in that kind of conclusion are something else; you accuse some one of being a fry short of full meal only to turn around and conclude they are some how lifting themselves up when they relate some background showing they are not the nitwit your one way mirror cannot but reflect back at you.

This is exactly why you and yours in this kind of double mind cannot but read what you read into the passages - because you simply cannot but read what you read into the words of others.

It is what it is; you are where you continue to want to be.

Again, thawe're for that line about me and my supposed love affair with my own mind. As dense as it only proved you to continue to be, I nevertheless found it hilarious, as this beautiful mind of mind does enjoy a good ribbing, whether intentional, or in your case, not :rotfl:

Stick to your comments about the Scripture - every so often you unwittingly bring out a gem clue-less of having done so but that the Mid-Acts allows the more astute to nevertheless see.

Hah, hah, man that comment you made was hilarious...

The best to you in that...as it is not that we're interested in some location... It just appears that way to "the unitiated" such as yourself...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You're usually prophesying this and that so, why don't you
already KNOW why he's here? Oh, I forgot, you're a false
prophet. Why? Because your prophesies NEVER come to
fruition.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I can tell you it's exciting and earth shattering when/if you completely understand Paul's epistles

Danoh

I can tell you it's exciting and earth shattering when/if you completely understand Paul's epistles

His "one size fits all" approach has him concluding his request is sound.

Truth is; pick up the wrong book, say, the Koran, and you can look all you want; you're in the wrong "location."

Just shows Inter's is too narrow a focus.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The writings of Paul provide some nice to know stuff but Paul's arguments were with the Jews' perception of the efficacy of the Mosaic law.

Paul's writings are not essential to salvation. As far as I can tell Abraham never read or heard anything by Paul and yet he is the father of the faith of Jesus Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The writings of Paul provide some nice to know stuff but Paul's arguments were with the Jews' perception of the efficacy of the Mosaic law.

Paul's writings are not essential to salvation. As far as I can tell Abraham never read or heard anything by Paul and yet he is the father of the faith of Jesus Christ.

You're just all mixed up, aren't ya?

Danoh

Despite your above two errors, you have just made the "various aspects of the gospel of (concerning) Christ" argument...

Another aspect is seen in 1 Cor. 10:4.