ECT We are not Israel, but the Body of Christ

heir

TOL Subscriber
The Body of Christ is not Israel, a replacement for Israel or "spiritual Israel" (as we often hear). The Body of Christ is not born again, but a "new creature" (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV). Members of the Body of Christ are never referred to as priests, but Israel shall be an holy nation of priests (Matthew 19:28 KJV, 1 Peter 2:9 KJV). Can you think of any other differences between that of Israel and the BoC?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Body of Christ is not Israel, a replacement for Israel or "spiritual Israel" (as we often hear). The Body of Christ is not born again, but a "new creature" (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV). Members of the Body of Christ are never referred to as priests, but Israel shall be an holy nation of priests (Matthew 19:28 KJV, 1 Peter 2:9 KJV). Can you think of any other differences between that of Israel and the BoC?

:thumb:

elohiym

Members of the Body of Christ are never referred to as priests...

The head of the Body is our High Priest and He claims we are one with Him in His Body, so how do you figure he's the only priest in the Body? Did born again Levites cease being priests when they joined the Body? Do you believe the prophecy in Revelation about being priests and kings only applies to Jews?

Danoh

The head of the Body is our High Priest and He claims we are one with Him in His Body, so how do you figure he's the only priest in the Body? Did born again Levites cease being priests when they joined the Body? Do you believe the prophecy in Revelation about being priests and kings only applies to Jews?

Nope, He is the Head of the Body that members of the Body of Christ comprise.

He is not the Body's priest; He is the mediator between God and lost men; the means to their being reconciled with God by the Son's finished work through the Spirit.

The Body has direct access to the Father.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

He is not the Body's priest; He is the mediator between God and lost men; the means to their being reconciled with God by the Son's finished work through the Spirit.

The priesthood which enters the Holy Place has direct communion with Christ, but they minister as priests to those at the gate of the temple.

So it is even today.

Only the true priests can understand, and see it--

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

1Co 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

LA

elohiym

I haven't said otherwise.

He is not the Body's priest;

"where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us, having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek."

He is the mediator between God and lost men; the means to their being reconciled with God by the Son's finished work through the Spirit.

I haven't said otherwise.

Meaning? Contrasted with...?

elohiym

Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.

Can you claim that about yourself, Danoh?

Danoh

Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.

Can you claim that about yourself, Danoh?

No...I'm stuck on higher ground...(seated IN Him).

:)

elohiym

Nope. Rather, in Him in His role as Head of the Body.

TWO-FOLD Purpose of God, Eph. 3:15.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are in the High Priest but don't have a High Priest; rather you are in Him in His role as Head of the Body.

What does it mean to be in Him in His role as Head of the Body? And please distinguish that role from his role as King of Israel and High Priest.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ Jesus was a Jew, therefore He was an Israelite.

So, if Christ Jesus is the head, and His church is the body, how is the body not an Israelite?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Hosea 11:1 KJV) When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

(Matt 2:15 KJV) And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

In Hosea 11:1, Israel is referred to as the son of God.

Therefore, if Christ Jesus is Israel, and the church is the Body of Christ, then how is the church not Israel?