TOL Subscriber
Pictures in Tellalies place:

hank.jpg
Hank is uglier than I remember him.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No High Priest, equals no salvation.
contrasts

The gospel of our salvation is that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

Philippians 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Philippians 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

You err.

Danoh

contrasts

The gospel of our salvation is that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

Philippians 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Philippians 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

You err.

No, you heir; she lazy afternoon.

Rib-a-dib-dib :)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

(Heb 6:20 KJV) Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Quit being a follower of Darby and Bullinger, and start believing what the Bible says.

Interplanner

Interplanner asserts that passage is not asserting some Dispensational Distinction.

Its why he did not see your point in citing that passage; because he has a different view about what passage is referring to.

His thoughts on these things are nevertheless interesting at times, for what they at times bring out about a passage that is also sometimes there as well.

Fair enough about the body of Christ; I don't know any NT place that makes the Jewishness of Jesus definitive about the church.

As far as I can tell, Paul is referring to everything cultural or religious that Jesus did when he says that he was once known 'kata sarka.' It is irrelevant anymore, knowing that God was in Christ, reconciling the debt of sin. So the basis for fellowship will never be a cultural or law practice, because the next group over will say you're not doing it right. All that kind of thing is over with in Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
(Heb 6:20 KJV) Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Quit being a follower of Darby and Bullinger, and start believing what the Bible says.
The book is labeled HEBREWS and so TaL is a Hebrew. Good luck when Christ returned. I hope that you're one of the 144K.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The book is labeled HEBREWS and so TaL is a Hebrew. Good luck when Christ returned. I hope that you're one of the 144K.

I don't decide what books of the Bible are "for me" based on the salutations like you do.

Romans is addressed to "all in Rome". Are you a citizen of Rome?

1 Cor in written to a church in Corinth. Are you a member of that church?

Galatians is written to the churches in Galatia. Are you a member of any of those churches?

Philemon is written to Philemon, Apphia, Archippus, and to the people who meet at Philemon's home church. Do you meet at Philemon's home church?

The book of Hebrews tells us that Christ Jesus was made a High Priest for ever.

That means right now as you read this post, Christ Jesus is a High Priest.

Danoh

I don't decide what books of the Bible are "for me" based on the salutations like you do.

Galatians is written to the churches in Galatia. Are you a member of any of those churches?

Philemon is written to Philemon, Apphia, Archippus, and to the people who meet at Philemon's home church. Do you meet at Philemon's home church?

The book of Hebrews tells us that Christ Jesus was made a High Priest for ever.

Ahah, hah, ha, ha, ha - huge difference between fellow Gentiles (Romans, Corinthians, et al) and the Hebrews.

You really crack me up - you actually believe you see some thing there...

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ahah, hah, ha, ha, ha - huge difference between fellow Gentiles (Romans, Corinthians, et al) and the Hebrews.

You do not see anything.

You are too filled up with yourself.

Mat 5:1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
Mat 5:2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Mat 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Mat 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Mat 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

LA

Right Divider

Body part
That's because you're a dummy.

You think that when James addresses a book "to the twelve tribes" that he's NOT writing it to the twelve tribes.

I can tell that books written by the apostle to the Gentiles have more to tell ME TODAY than the ones written to the "twelve tribes" or to the "Hebrews".

IThe book of Hebrews tells us that Christ Jesus was made a High Priest for ever.

Israel was given a priesthood, the body of Christ was NOT!

If we did have a priesthood, Paul would have said something about it.

Right Divider

Body part

Yep.... he has to say all kinds of stupid things to attempt to justify the crazy things that he believes.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
(Heb 7:23-25) Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

As we see above, Christ Jesus was given a PERMANENT Priesthood.

Yet, the Darby Followers are claiming Christ Jesus is not a High Priest.
The Christian isn't sinless. He sins less (1 Jn 1:9).

Get saved gentile (Zech 2:13, Re 8:1, Ro 11:25).

And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death [Heb. 7:23].

"In other words, the Aaronic priesthood of the Old Testament always ended by death. Aaron died, just as Moses did. I have always felt that the death of Aaron—if it wasn’t greater—was just as great a loss to Israel as the death of Moses. In his death they lost their high priest, the one who had gone with them through the wilderness, the one who knew them and understood them. Now they would have to have a new priest. You and I don’t have a changing priesthood—Christ will always live to make intercession for us." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Epistles (Hebrews 1-7) (electronic ed., Vol. 51, pp. 130–131). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Wrong

Christ Jesus is the High Priest of believers.

(Heb 7:23-25) Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

I would get saved before he gets up from his holy habitation (Re 8:1).

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them [Heb. 7:25].

“Wherefore”—again we have this little hinge on which a big door swings. It swings back into what has been said before and swings on into what is ahead.

“He ever liveth.” It says, first of all, that Christ is not dead, but He is living. Right at this very moment He is alive. We emphasize the death and resurrection of Christ, but we ought to go beyond that. We have to do with a living Christ. We know Him no longer after the flesh. We know Him today as our Great High Priest at God’s right hand. My friend, that is where we need to put the emphasis. He died down here to save us, but He lives up there to keep us saved.

“He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him.” He is able to keep on saving you. “To the uttermost” means all the way through. He is able to save us completely and perfectly. He is the Great Shepherd who up to this very moment has never lost a sheep. Do you want to know something? He never will lose one. If you are one of His sheep, you may feel like you are going to be lost, but He is up there for you and He is watching over you.

“He ever liveth to make intercession.” Intercession actually means “intervention.” He intervenes for us. “… We shall be saved by his life” (Rom. 5:10). John wrote, “My little children [born ones], these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.” Well, John, you are not talking to me because I do lots of things that are wrong. Now, John, do you have a word for me? John went on to say, “And if any man sin”—now we are getting somewhere!—“we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous” (1 John 2:1). An advocate is a paraclete, a comforter, someone to stand at our side. He is Jesus Christ the righteous. Everything He does is right. Everything He does is righteous. We shall be saved by His life.

How wonderful to know we have a living Christ! You are not alone, my friend. It is just baby stuff to sit down and cry, “Oh, I’m having this problem, and I’m so alone. There’s nobody to help me. To whom shall I go?” My friend, what do you think He is doing up there? Aren’t you conscious of Him? Why don’t you turn to Him?

I remember talking to the mother of a man who was leaving his wife and running away with another woman. I took the mother with me when I went to talk with the other woman. She would not change her mind and was determined to go with this man. This poor mother, as I took her home, just got down on the floor of the car and began to cry out, “Oh, God, why have You forsaken me?” But by the time I got her home, she was more composed and apologized, “I’m sorry I said that God has forsaken me. I don’t believe that He has.” I assured her that we can be sure of the fact that He ever lives to make intercession for us. Though we are faithless, He is always faithful to us. It is wonderful to know He is up there, my friend." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Epistles (Hebrews 1-7) (electronic ed., Vol. 51, pp. 131–133). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
So, let me get this straight.

You are claiming Christ Jesus is the High Priest for the lost.

Then, once the lost are saved, they no longer need a High Priest, therefore Christ Jesus is no longer their High Priest.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus [1 Tim. 2:5].

"“For there is one God.” The Romans worshiped many gods, and today people worship many gods in a different sort of way. People are giving themselves to many things—some to pleasure, some to entertainment, and so on. The entertainment world, for example, has become a religion of sorts for many people. There are women who would sacrifice their virtue in a moment and men who would sacrifice their honor in order to become a movie or television star. People have many different gods today. But there is only one God, and He is the Creator.

“And one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” In Old Testament times the Israelite went to the temple where there were many priests. He could go to God through them. Paul is saying that now there is only one Mediator to whom we are to go. We are not to go to any human being down here; it is not necessary to go through a minister. There is a Mediator between God and man.

We need a mediator, we need a priest, and we have one, the Great High Priest. Job’s heart cry even in his day was, “Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both” (Job 9:33). In effect, Job was crying out, “Oh, if there were somebody who could take hold of God’s hand and then take hold of my hand and bring us together that there might be communication and understanding between us!”

Well, my friend, today we have a Mediator—the Lord Jesus Christ has come. He has one hand in the hand of Deity because He is God. He is able to save to the uttermost because He is God, and He has paid the price for our salvation. He is a Mediator because He has also become man. He can hold my hand; He understands me. He understands you; you can go to Him, and He is not going to be upset with you. He will not lose His temper or strike you or hurt you in any way. You may say, “Well, I’ve failed. I’ve done such–and–such, and I’ve come short of the glory of God.” My friend, He knows that, and He still loves you and wants to put His arm around you.

Isaiah wrote to the Lord: “In all their affliction he was afflicted …” (Isa. 63:9). Some scholars say that this should read, “In all their affliction he was not afflicted.” Either way you read it, it is wonderful. I think maybe God wants us to see it both ways, but I like it, “In all their affliction he was not afflicted.” God went through the wilderness with the children of Israel. When they failed and disobeyed at Kadesh–barnea, He didn’t say, “Well, good–bye—I’m through with you, you’ve failed.” No, He went with them for forty years. But He also went on ahead: He gave Moses their instructions for living for the time when they would enter the Promised Land. But He waited for them and dealt patiently with them in their time of affliction in the wilderness. He wasn’t afflicted; He didn’t break down and fail, but just stayed there with them.

He has dealt with me in the same way, and it is wonderful to have such a Mediator through whom we can go to God. And you should go through Him, because there is really no use coming and telling me your troubles. I may not be sympathetic with you; I might not really understand your case. He does. He’s human. He is a daysman, a Mediator. He has put His hand in mine. I don’t put my hand in His; He puts His hand in mine. That is the wonder of it all! He has come down and put His hand in mine and taken hold of me, but He also holds on to God because He is God, and He has brought us together.

This Mediator is the One the world needs to know because there is but one way to salvation. Peter said to the religious leaders of his day: “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). Christ is the only way, but the tremendous thing is that He will bring you right through to God if you will turn to Him.

One time while in Canada I was told that I needed to get onto a certain freeway to get to Detroit, Michigan, but if I missed that freeway I was in real trouble. It took a great deal of manipulating around, but once I managed to find that freeway it brought me right into Detroit. I was thankful for the man who had said, “There is only one way.” I am also thankful that I have been told there is one way to God, one Mediator. He is the only One who can bring us together: He can bring us to God because He is God and He is also a man, “the man Christ Jesus.”" McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Epistles (1 and 2 Timothy/Titus/Philemon) (electronic ed., Vol. 50, pp. 37–39). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"...He claims we are one with Him in His Body..."

Right. We don't see male or female. We see brother or sister in the body of Christ (Ge 1:26, 5:2, Is 51:2, Ga 1:28, Tit 1:6, Jn 14:20). As Christ loves the body, no man would abuse his own body--no man would hate his own flesh. God took Eve out of Adam, similarly he takes us out of Christ. We are the members of his body. You are bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh—this is the Second Adam (1 Cor. 15:20–24; 15:45). The two become one. We are one with Christ (Eph. 5:23–32). :straight:

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Paul described himself as a priest...a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles..."

Yes.

"A man does not become a man until he is married [one] (e.g. Paul though single was married to Christ; the woman at the well accepted Jesus’ word and then preached the gospel, etc.). In Christ there is neither male nor female—there is only 'Adon' male or mankind (Ga 3:28)..." Full text: I have a question about Deuteronomy 22:13-22...

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame

Translated: He is getting pummeled, so the clown resorts to his iold reliable....

start believing what the Bible says....

stumper, shut down close.

And TOL laughs at you, Tellalie Craigie.