ECT Follow Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul received the gospel by the anointed mouth of Ananias.

Wrong again! Correct your stinking thinking!

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Those who do not approve things that are excellent are the ones being divisive

It's you who is trying to divide Christ Jesus.

Christ Jesus cannot be divided no matter how hard you keep trying.

The Apostle Paul said the following re: himself

(Gal 1:23) ...“The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.”

Paul's own words tells us that Paul preached what he once tried to destroy.

You claim Paul preached a different gospel.

musterion

It's you who is trying to divide Christ Jesus.

Christ Jesus cannot be divided no matter how hard you keep trying.

The Apostle Paul said the following re: himself

(Gal 1:23) ...“The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.”

Paul's own words tells us that Paul preached what he once tried to destroy.

You claim Paul preached a different gospel.

Show where any apostle before Paul preached the Cross as God's good news for Jews and Gentiles alike.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Show where any apostle before Paul preached the Cross as God's good news for Jews and Gentiles alike.

Explain Paul's own words:

You claim that what Paul once tried to destroy was a different gospel than what Paul preached.

That's not what Paul says in Gal 1:23

Cross Reference

Wrong again! Correct your stinking thinking!

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc View Post
Every Christian receives the gospel through a revelation. There's no other way to receive it.

Now read what you wrote and explain, if you can. [really, i don't care if you can or not]

O man! Romans 10:17 KJV

Quote:
If the gospel is received through human persuasion, it nullifies the wisdom and power of God.
1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV

musterion

Explain Paul's own words:

You claim that what Paul once tried to destroy was a different gospel than what Paul preached.

That's not what Paul says in Gal 1:23

Show where the Cross was preached as good news before Paul preached it as good news.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Now read what you wrote and explain, if you can. [really, i don't care if you can or not]

You said Paul received the gospel by Ananias, but he didn't! He received it by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

And "that gospel" (Galatians 2:2 KJV) is:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

But fool as you are, you resist the truth.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Show where the Cross was preached as good news before Paul preached it as good news.

As expected, you can't explain the verse.

Paul's own words above, proves your MAD wrong.

Which is why you can't explain the verse.

MAD is a mess.

musterion

MAD is a mess.

Please show where someone prior to Paul preached the Cross itself not only as good news for man but as the power of God unto salvation.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

MAD is a mess.

What do you want explained ? That within the already established Christian faith, Paul was a chosen vessel to receive brand new instruction and revelation, straight from Christ Jesus ?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For the Record, Peter preached the cross

(1 Peter 2:24) “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

As we see above, Peter preached the same thing Paul preached re: the cross.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Please show where someone prior to Paul preached the Cross itself not only as good news for man but as the power of God unto salvation.

Paul's own words completely destroys MAD.

Arsenios

Christ Himself preached it:

Matt 10:38

And he that taketh not his cross,
and followeth after me,
is not worthy of me.

Matt 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples,
If any man will come after me,
let him deny himself,
and take up his cross,
and follow me.

The cross has been preached as a part of the Gospel of Christ from the time of Christ to the present... Paul also preached the Cross... Repenting itself is a cross each of us must take up, so that even John the Baptist preached the Cross when he proclaimed: "Be ye repenting, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand!" Good news indeed! The Gospel of Christ from the lips of the Forerunner of Christ: John the Baptizer of Christ in the Jordan!

But no one has answered Tet's point, that Paul himself tells us that he was preaching the same Gospel which he once was attacking...

Gal 1:23
The one persecuting us before,
is now preaching the Faith
which once he was destroying

[my very literal translation]

These are Paul's words...

WHICH Faith is Paul preaching?
The SAME Faith which once he was attacking...

It is hard to kick against the pricks...

No one can answer Tet...

You can only attack his person...

What is written cannot be unwritten...

Arsenios

musterion

For the Record, Peter preached the cross

(1 Peter 2:24) “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

As we see above, Peter preached the same thing Paul preached re: the cross.

When did Peter write that: before his meeting Paul, or after?

Status
Not open for further replies.