ECT WHY I DO NOT FOLLOW JESUS !!

God's Truth

Where do we find the word "repent" here:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).

Ask yourself what Jesus wants us to believe.
It is about forgiveness of sins.
How do you think you just have forgiveness of sins if you do not repent of your sins?

Matthew 1:21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

Not only that, do you know that John the baptizer prepared the way for Jesus?

The people had to repent of their sins before Jesus would come to them.

John the baptizer prepared the way for Jesus. He came preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins (Luke 1:76-80).

76 And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High;
for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him,
77 to give his people the knowledge of salvation
through the forgiveness of their sins,

We are still to confess that we are sinners, and to repent, to prepare the way for Jesus Christ to live in our heart.

Where do we read the word 'repent" here?:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).

Where do we read the word "repent" here?:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).

Again, believe what? We have to believe we have forgiveness of sins through Jesus. That includes repenting of those sins.
And all the scriptures that say ‘believe’ they do not nullify all the scriptures that say ‘obey’.

dodge

Your failure; your loss of reward one day.

Shine your shoes to a high gloss all you want, you are NOT Army (Israel) you ARE Marine (Body).

Yours is to take that Beach head.

Yours is not the Army's instructions after the Marines do their thing FIRST.

What time is fulfilled?

Is that an OT thing?

Believe what good news there?

To who, when?

Instead, you read Army instructions into your responsibilities as a Marine.

All you have proved is that you have deceived yourself.

Jas 1:22

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

God's Truth

All you have proved is that you have deceived yourself.

Jas 1:22

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Right on. Since he is a madist, tell him the scriptures where Paul says that too:

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

turbosixx

Hi and it does not matter , , the New Covenant could not be inforced , BECAUSE Israel was set aside and Luke 13:6-9 proves it !!

I took a break

Why do you believe this parable proves Israel was set aside? What are the 3 years and the 1 year?

DAN P

I took a break

Why do you believe this parable proves Israel was set aside? What are the 3 years and the 1 year?

Hi and Luke 13:6-9 is not a PARABLE , but a prophecy and just ONE of many !!

When Luke was written , Jesus had 3 years of ministry and Jesus asks the FATHER , I need another year as written in verse 8!!

dan p