ECT WHAT ACTS 2:28 REALLY MEANS !!

DAN P

Hi to all and there still must confusion as to what Acs 2:38 really means !! Many believe that it is water Baptism , when it is not and why they are to Repent , and believe it is for today .

It is not for the Body of Christ , period !!

The context is to the House of Israel , verse 36 know , this Jesus Whom you have CRUCIFIED !!

Peter's words Pierced through there hearts !!\\

Verse 38 reads , And Peter declared to them , CHANGE your mind and let each of you be BAPTIZED in the name of Jesus Christ for ( the ) forgiveness of Sins , and ye Shall Receive the Gift of the Holy Spirit !!

#1 , They were given the opportunity to Repent !!

#2 , Repent of the Crucifixion of Jesus !!

#3 This means when Peter used the verb " said " it was in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE and that means they were given a the opportunity to repent during that ONLY ONCE and Never AGAIN >

#4 And the last of the fourth verb " ye shall receive , LAMBANO is in the FUTURE TENSE as Israel REFUSED to repent and be Healed !!

#5 , This means that the Future Tense that Israel will never be healed UNTIL the end of the Great Tribulation Matt 24:27-31 and Ezek 36:24-38 !!

#6 So for today Acts 2:38 and Pentecost are OVER until the time of the Gentiles be come oin , Rom 11:25 and then God will again deal with Israel !!

Water Baptism is Over !!

dan p

Interplanner

#5 and 6 are worthless. The thing to be recieved was the gift of the Spirit which came on several thousand that day.

Scrap all the after the trib this or before the mill that. It is 100% nonsense.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hi to all and there still must confusion as to what Acs 2:38 really means !! Many believe that it is water Baptism , when it is not and why they are to Repent , and believe it is for today .

The context is to the House of Israel , verse 36 know , this Jesus Whom you have CRUCIFIED !!

Verse 38 reads , And Peter declared to them , CHANGE your mind and let each of you be BAPTIZED in the name of Jesus Christ for ( the ) forgiveness of Sins , and ye Shall Receive the Gift of the Holy Spirit !!

#3 This means when Peter used the verb " said " it was in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE and that means they were given a the opportunity to repent during that ONLY ONCE and Never AGAIN >

#4 And the last of the fourth verb " ye shall receive , LAMBANO is in the FUTURE TENSE as Israel REFUSED to repent and be Healed !!

#5 , This means that the Future Tense that Israel will never be healed UNTIL the end of the Great Tribulation Matt 24:27-31 and Ezek 36:24-38 !!

#6 So for today Acts 2:38 and Pentecost are OVER until the time of the Gentiles be come oin , Rom 11:25 and then God will again deal with Israel !!

Water Baptism is Over !!

dan p

seemingly -

View attachment 20057

DAN P

#5 and 6 are worthless. The thing to be recieved was the gift of the Spirit which came on several thousand that day.

Scrap all the after the trib this or before the mill that. It is 100% nonsense.

Hi and just waiting for your OP on your rejection of :

# 5 and #6 and the Millennium ??

Come on planner , you can do it ??:bang:

dan p

DAN P

Jesus said, "Most assuredly I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God." (John 3:5 NKJV)

Hi , and how do you see Col 1:13 , and had TRANSLATED us into the KINGDOM of His Dear Son , and it says we are already in that KINGDOM , so what say you !!

You know that the CONTEXT of John 3:5 is Jewish , so explain " born of water and the Spirit , MEANS ??

dan p

turbosixx

Water Baptism is Over !!

dan p

It amazes me how hard you work to tell us what the bible "REALLY MEANS!" instead of what it plainly says. :)

He is talking to individuals not a nation.
38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

The gospel is for everyone just as Jesus said:
Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

What Peter preaced on Pentecost is the same gospel Paul preaches and Paul tells the people to repent.
Acts 17:30 Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,

The people that believed the message and were baptized; what where they added to?
41So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

Last edited:

turbosixx

Hi , and how do you see Col 1:13 , and had TRANSLATED us into the KINGDOM of His Dear Son , and it says we are already in that KINGDOM , so what say you !!

You know that the CONTEXT of John 3:5 is Jewish , so explain " born of water and the Spirit , MEANS ??

dan p

In the OT, Jews were God’s children and they were born into it. Under the new covenant, people choose to be God’s children. So a Jew understands they are born into the household of God so to help them understand the new and living way, they were told they needed to be born again, being born into physical Israel would no longer cut it.
Matt. 3: 9 and do not suppose that you can say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham for our father'; for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham.

Christians are spiritual Israel and God’s children in his kingdom. To be added we are born of water and spirit.
13For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

When one is water baptized they are added to the body of Christ by the Spirit and we are sealed (ownership) in Christ.

If you will notice, all conversions (with any detail) end in baptism. Why is that? Could it be that is how one is added? Even when Cornelius was baptized with the Holy Spirit Peter COMMANDED that they be water baptized.
Acts 10: Then Peter said, 47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” 48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

We see water and the Spirit just as Jesus said. Even Paul baptized those who believed, why would he do that?
Acts 16: 31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house. 33 At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his household were baptized.

Last edited:

Bradley D

For Jews baptism was necessary for a proselyte converting to Judaism, Therefore, it was not common for Israelites. Circumcision was the most prevalent custom for Jews. John the Baptist conducting baptism for everyone was new to the Jews. Baptism was and is a symbol of dying to the old self and arising as a new person. What counts to me is that the person being Baptized inwardly does die to the old self and becomes a new person (Christian) inwardly. Being baptized by the Holy Spirit is what really takes place within one dying to the old self and becoming a Christian.

turbosixx

For Jews baptism was necessary for a proselyte converting to Judaism, Therefore, it was not common for Israelites. Circumcision was the most prevalent custom for Jews. John the Baptist conducting baptism for everyone was new to the Jews. Baptism was and is a symbol of dying to the old self and arising as a new person. What counts to me is that the person being Baptized inwardly does die to the old self and becomes a new person (Christian) inwardly. Being baptized by the Holy Spirit is what really takes place within one dying to the old self and becoming a Christian.

This is how I currently understand it.

John was preparing the way for Christ but his baptism did not have the power of Jesus’ sacrifice behind it. Once Jesus became Lord and Christ then he instituted baptism in his name as the means of conversion.
Matt. 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
If you will notice, all conversions (with any detail) end in baptism which agrees with how Jesus said to make disciples.

John was merely using what he did (baptize) to illustrate the pouring out of the spirit. We are not all baptized with the Holy Spirit. It's miss understood and being falsely applied to conversion. Yes, we recieve the HS at conversion but we are not "baptized with the HS". I only know of two occurrences where the bible says “baptism with the Holy Spirit” and each was a special situation, the apostles and the first Gentile converts.

The bible never says baptism is a symbol; it actually has purpose. There are several passages that tell us what baptism is and does. One such passage says it saves us, the exact opposite of what man will tell you today.
1 Pt. 3:20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Last edited:

iamaberean

Water Baptism is Over !!

dan p

I feel Acts 2:38 definitively means water and Spirit. Take a look at Acts 10:47, when Peter heard the Gentiles speak in tongues he asked "Can any man forbid water" then he commanded them to be baptized.
The main reason of course is to receive eternal life. It is so specific that to receive eternal life they were to "repent and be baptized in Jesus name and ye shall receive 'the gift' of the Holy Ghost'.
Do we not realize that the 'gift' is eternal life?

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
It is also important to note that Peter has the keys to the kingdom, do we dare not to follow Peter's instructions so that we might pass thru those gates?

God's Truth

Water Baptism is Over !!

dan p

All who are saved are brought in to the body of Christ.

There is no salvation if you are not in the body of Christ.

We must all confess and repent of our sins to be chosen for salvation.

Danoh

All who are saved are brought in to the body of Christ.

There is no salvation if you are not in the body of Christ.

We must all confess and repent of our sins to be chosen for salvation.

What exactly do you mean by "confess" and by "repent of ours sins"?

Again, what exactly do you mean by that?

You ask that others share their understanding of a passage, not just simply quote it, or some aspect of it.

I ask you the same here - what exactly do you mean by that?

For example, in Mark 1, where we read:

4. John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
5. And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.

Do you mean that they each all just rattled off a long list of all they had each ever done wrong?

As I do not like baiting others with questions I might then point my finger against their answer by, I'll tell you up front that that is not my understanding of what "confessing their sins" is a reference to there.

Anyway, what exactly do you mean by that?

In the spirit of comparing understandings.

Unless you resort to anything other than comparing understandings.

Thanks, in advance.

God's Truth

What exactly do you mean by "confess" and by "repent of ours sins"?
How is it that you need that explained?

Confess your sins to God through Jesus and repent of them.

Again, what exactly do you mean by that?

You ask that others share their understanding of a passage, not just simply quote it, or some aspect of it.

I ask you the same here - what exactly do you mean by that?

For example, in Mark 1, where we read:

4. John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
5. And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.

Do you mean that they each all just rattled off a long list of all they had each ever done wrong?

If you did those sins and are sorry for them, then confess them to God and repent of them.

As I do not like baiting others with questions I might then point my finger against their answer by, I'll tell you up front that that is not my understanding of what "confessing their sins" is a reference to there.

Anyway, what exactly do you mean by that?

In the spirit of comparing understandings.

Unless you resort to anything other than comparing understandings.

Thanks, in advance.

I hope I have explained it so you can understand.

Danoh

How is it that you need that explained?

Confess your sins to God through Jesus and repent of them.

If you did those sins and are sorry for them, then confess them to God and repent of them.

I hope I have explained it so you can understand.

I still do not know what they mean to you.

Let's try this again - what does that mean to you?

"Confess" means what, to you, exactly?

"Repent" means what, to you, exactly?

"Sins" means what, to you, exactly?

I am asking you what those mean to you?

I am not saying I don't have an understanding of those terms, I am asking you what they mean to you?

Here, fill in the blanks to the following.

"What the phrase 'confessing their sins' means to me (God's Truth) is _________, and the way that works is ______."

God's Truth

I still do not know what they mean to you.

Let's try this again - what does that mean to you?

"Confess" means what, to you, exactly?

"Repent" means what, to you, exactly?

"Sins" means what, to you, exactly?

I am asking you what those mean to you?

I am not saying I don't have an understanding of those terms, I am asking you what they mean to you?

Here, fill in the blanks to the following.

"What the phrase 'confessing their sins' means to me (God's Truth) is _________, and the way that works is ______."

Confess your sins to God means you say forgive me Father in heaven for this sin and that sin.

Danoh

Confess your sins to God means you say forgive me Father in heaven for this sin and that sin.

You see. Now I have a bite better idea of what that means to you.

So, is it your understanding that that is what they did that day in the River Jordan in Matthew 3 (same as Mark 1):

5. Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
6. And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

To you, that verse is saying they each laid out a long list of each their personal sins before the Father?

Things like, say, "I didn't go to synagogue, last Sabbath..." or what have you. To you, they each laid out a long list of their personal sins to the Father?

Again, I am just trying to get a clear picture of what exactly that passage means to you.

Again, thank you.

God's Truth

You see. Now I have a bite better idea of what that means to you.

So, is it your understanding that that is what they did that day in the River Jordan in Matthew 3 (same as Mark 1):

5. Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
6. And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

To you, that verse is saying they each laid out a long list of each their personal sins before the Father?

Things like, say, "I didn't go to synagogue, last Sabbath..." or what have you. To you, they each laid out a long list of their personal sins to the Father?

Again, I am just trying to get a clear picture of what exactly that passage means to you.

Again, thank you.

We do not go to anyone but to God through Jesus to confess our sins. List them all to God so that you know you know what they are and what you will stop doing.

When we come to God to repent, we have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God.

When the people came to John the baptizer, or the Apostles to repent of their sins, they confessed their sins to God, and some even openly confessed what they have done.

Mark 1:5 The whole Judean countryside and all the people of Jerusalem went out to him. Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.

Acts 19:18
Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed what they had done.