ECT WHAT ACTS 2:28 REALLY MEANS !!

turbosixx

He didn't know about baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Don't you think it is important to know about the Holy Spirit and how the Holy Spirit can live inside of us?

Yes I do, but I would suggest that the reason he didn't know about the HS is because the baptism of Jesus and the HS are linked. That is why when Paul heard they hadn't received the HS he questions their baptism.

turbosixx

We are ordered to get water baptized, and we are ordered not to commit adultery.

If you will notice what Peter says.

46....Then Peter said, 47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” 48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

These are the first Gentile converts and the Jews by nature don't want to let them in.

KJV
47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Peter understands that water baptism is how we are made Christians.
Matt. 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

Once he sees God has accepted them, he orders them to be baptized. No one can be ordered to obey a command.

God's Truth

Yes I do, but I would suggest that the reason he didn't know about the HS is because the baptism of Jesus and the HS are linked. That is why when Paul heard they hadn't received the HS he questions their baptism.

They were merely water baptized with John's baptism.

God's Truth

If you will notice what Peter says.

46....Then Peter said, 47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” 48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

These are the first Gentile converts and the Jews by nature don't want to let them in.

KJV
47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Peter understands that water baptism is how we are made Christians.
Matt. 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

Once he sees God has accepted them, he orders them to be baptized. No one can be ordered to obey a command.

As I have been saying, even AFTER we receive the Holy Spirit, we should be water baptized.

turbosixx

Because they needed to receive the Holy Spirit. Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit.

Yes, and it comes with water baptism.

5Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

God's Truth

I apologize, but I'm passionate about baptism because "christianity" today is doing away with it. One reason is for a lack of knowledge.

I think it is horrible how "Christianity" is doing away with water baptism.

Jesus Christ himself saved me and gave me his Holy Spirit, and I still wanted to be water baptized after that.

I remember trying to get water baptized and no church that I contacted took it seriously. It was all about what was convenient for their pastor.

Now I know that I could have baptized myself in my own house.

God's Truth

Yes, and it comes with water baptism.
I have already told you about scripture where people were given the Holy Spirit before water baptism, and how other people were water baptized and did NOT receive the Holy Spirit.

5Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

Since water is symbolic for the Spirit, we should also consider that Jesus was speaking of the Spirit when he said we must be born of water. So then, does it make sense to say that Jesus said we must be born of Spirit and Spirit? No, it would not make sense. However, what does the Spirit do that we relate to with water? That would be cleansing…washing. So then, we must be born again by water would be about the washing away of our sins. Being born of the Spirit happens when we are saved, and that is when we are washed by the Spirit; and the, we live through the Spirit---that is to obey the Word of God.

To be born of water and Spirit means we must be cleansed of our sins and obey Jesus’ teachings.

turbosixx

I think it is horrible how "Christianity" is doing away with water baptism.

Jesus Christ himself saved me and gave me his Holy Spirit, and I still wanted to be water baptized after that.

I remember trying to get water baptized and no church that I contacted took it seriously. It was all about what was convenient for their pastor.

Now I know that I could have baptized myself in my own house.

Yep, scripture sure seems to place urgency on it.
Acts 8:36.. “Look, here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized?”
Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized
Acts 16:33... then immediately he and all his household were baptized.

God's Truth

What does the Holy Spirit do for us when we are saved?

The Holy Spirit washes away our sins and reconciles us to God by living in our hearts.

God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit circumcises our hearts.

The Holy Spirit will teach us and remind us of Jesus’ words. We have the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.

The Holy Spirit sanctifies us.

The Holy Spirit is how we have the law written on our heart and mind.

The Holy Spirit living in our heart is how God wills us to want to obey.

We have righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Those who are led by the Spirit of God, we are the children of God. Because we are God’s children

We are all baptized by one Spirit into one body.

turbosixx

Since water is symbolic for the Spirit, we should also consider that Jesus was speaking of the Spirit when he said we must be born of water. So then, does it make sense to say that Jesus said we must be born of Spirit and Spirit? No, it would not make sense. However, what does the Spirit do that we relate to with water? That would be cleansing…washing. So then, we must be born again by water would be about the washing away of our sins. Being born of the Spirit happens when we are saved, and that is when we are washed by the Spirit; and the, we live through the Spirit---that is to obey the Word of God.

To be born of water and Spirit means we must be cleansed of our sins and obey Jesus’ teachings.

That is exactly the reasoning that is being used to do away with water baptism and I will not believe it.

turbosixx

The Holy Spirit washes away our sins and reconciles us to God by living in our hearts.

The Holy Spirit will teach us and remind us of Jesus’ words. We have the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.

Those who are led by the Spirit of God, we are the children of God. Because we are God’s children

With that logic, no water needed. Welcome to modern "Christianity".

God's Truth

Yep, scripture sure seems to place urgency on it.
Acts 8:36.. “Look, here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized?”
Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized
Acts 16:33... then immediately he and all his household were baptized.

All I want to do is please Jesus, and Jesus clearly says to be water baptized.

It is good to be water baptized, it is good to make that outward pledge to die to sins and live to please Jesus.

God's Truth

Turbosixx, these are all scriptures! Hahahahahahahahaha

turbosixx

Turbosixx, these are all scriptures! Hahahahahahahahaha

That doesn't prove anything. Everyone on here uses scriptures to prove thier points. You use them to prove water isn't necessary. You are no different than main stream "Christianity" that is doing away with baptism. You don't realize it, but your fighting with them.

God's Truth

That doesn't prove anything. Everyone on here uses scriptures to prove thier points. You use them to prove water isn't necessary. You are no different than main stream "Christianity" that is doing away with baptism. You don't realize it, but your fighting with them.

You lie about me.

I say to get water baptized, and they say we do not have to do it.

I gave scripture and posted them without the scripture references. You went against the Word of God.