ECT WHAT ACTS 2:28 REALLY MEANS !!

DAN P

I feel Acts 2:38 definitively means water and Spirit. Take a look at Acts 10:47, when Peter heard the Gentiles speak in tongues he asked "Can any man forbid water" then he commanded them to be baptized.
The main reason of course is to receive eternal life. It is so specific that to receive eternal life they were to "repent and be baptized in Jesus name and ye shall receive 'the gift' of the Holy Ghost'.
Do we not realize that the 'gift' is eternal life?

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
It is also important to note that Peter has the keys to the kingdom, do we dare not to follow Peter's instructions so that we might pass thru those gates?

Hi and Acts 2:38 is in the FUTURE TENSE and that speaks to when Pentecost will really happen , IN THE GREAT TRIBULATION and not until then !!

Look at Acts 2:17 , when did Christ POUR OUT His SPIRIT upon all flesh !

Acts 2:38 is for Israel to repent of the KILLING of Christ , verse Acts 2:36-39 , to those scattered across the Roman empire !!

dan p

Last edited:

God's Truth

Hi and Acts 2:38 is in the FUTURE TENSE and that spaks to when Pentecost will really happen , IN THE GREAT TRIBULATION and not until then !!

Acts 2:38 is for Israel to repent of the KILLING of Christ , verse Acts 2:36-39 , to those scattered across the Roman empire !!

dan p

Jesus saves us and gives us the Holy Spirit since Pentecost.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You see. Now I have a bite better idea of what that means to you.

So, is it your understanding that that is what they did that day in the River Jordan in Matthew 3 (same as Mark 1):

5. Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
6. And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

To you, that verse is saying they each laid out a long list of each their personal sins before the Father?

Things like, say, "I didn't go to synagogue, last Sabbath..." or what have you. To you, they each laid out a long list of their personal sins to the Father?

Again, I am just trying to get a clear picture of what exactly that passage means to you.

Again, thank you.

One does not have to confess every sin in order to fulfill the command.

One has only to confess that they have sinned and lived selfishly.

A believer can confess a particular sin and turn from it at anytime.

LA

Interplanner

Jesus saves us and gives us the Holy Spirit since Pentecost.

DanP,
you're a bit too wooden about how you read things. Look at Pentecost. Not only did people absorb the Gospel and return home from "every nation under heaven," but 3000 in Jerusalem believed. Given that there was no TV or i.net, that is about as explosive a start as you could put together in that day.

'Until the tribulation'? Good grief, I just don't know how such wobbly conjectures ever get started!

Danoh

One does not have to confess every sin in order to fulfill the command.

One has only to confess that they have sinned and lived selfishly.

A believer can confess a particular sin and turn from it at anytime.

LA

Thanks for your input.

I basically had a sense of what GT's understanding is, I just wanted to hear it from her, in her own, specific words, though.

I have my own understanding of what that passage "confessing" their sins" is a reference to, from my own time in Scripture, and we obviously differ on it, is all.

God's Truth

Thanks for your input.

I basically had a sense of what GT's understanding is, I just wanted to hear it from her, in her own, specific words, though.

I have my own understanding of what that passage "confessing" their sins" is a reference to, from my own time in Scripture, and we obviously differ on it, is all.

Why would you not confess and repent of every sin?

Think about it.

How hard can it be?

Were you a thief? An adulterer? A violent man? A drunkard?

Why do you have a problem with confessing all your sins?

Danoh

Why would you not confess and repent of every sin?

Think about it.

How hard can it be?

Were you a thief? An adulterer? A violent man? A drunkard?

Why do you have a problem with confessing all your sins?

Quit reading into my words.

We differ in our understanding of what Matthew 3's and Mark 1's "confessing their sins" is all about, and I just thought I would hear from you what it is exactly that you understand those words to mean?

That was all.

God's Truth

Quit reading into my words.

We differ in our understanding of what Matthew 3's and Mark 1's "confessing their sins" is all about, and I just thought I would hear from you what it is exactly that you understand those words to mean?

That was all.

You differ from what I said? The scriptures plainly say confess and repent of your sins.

Since you differ from that, tell me why you do not believe you have to confess your sins?

God's Truth

DanP,
you're a bit too wooden about how you read things. Look at Pentecost. Not only did people absorb the Gospel and return home from "every nation under heaven," but 3000 in Jerusalem believed. Given that there was no TV or i.net, that is about as explosive a start as you could put together in that day.

'Until the tribulation'? Good grief, I just don't know how such wobbly conjectures ever get started!

Explain yourself and tell me what you are talking about and accusing me of saying.

Edit: Never mind because I see that you quoted me and then responded to Dan.

God's Truth

Hi and Acts 2:38 is in the FUTURE TENSE and that speaks to when Pentecost will really happen , IN THE GREAT TRIBULATION and not until then !!

dan p

Dan, read those scriptures more carefully, because those scriptures are speaking about what WAS prophesied about in the Old Testament; so then, that means they were about the future!.

Since it is about a prophesy fulfilled, it is about future and present tense.

Danoh

Explain yourself and tell me what you are talking about and accusing me of saying.

Edit: Never mind because I see that you quoted me and then responded to Dan.

Yeah, the poor guy does that - he'll quote one person when, actually, he is responding to some one else...

Interplanner

I hope some day Danoh, you just deal with passages, grammar, text, instead of what is going inside some other members head about which you are an expert. Is this why your slogan is 'empty'?

God's Truth

Yeah, the poor guy does that - he'll quote one person when, actually, he is responding to some one else...

How are all those feral cats in your neighborhood that you are feeding?

Aren't you always accusing me of having a bunch of cats? I think you are really revealing what you do all day.

God's Truth

I hope some day Danoh, you just deal with passages, grammar, text, instead of what is going inside some other members head about which you are an expert. Is this why your slogan is 'empty'?

Danoh has the same spirit as John W. They both like to falsely accuse people of what they look like and what they do.

They think they are physics, or God maybe.

Danoh

You differ from what I said? The scriptures plainly say confess and repent of your sins.

Since you differ from that, tell me why you do not believe you have to confess your sins?

GT, I said I differ in my own understanding of what Mark 1 and Matthew 3 mean by the phrase "confessing their sins."

It is you who then read what you read into my words.

I was not even talking about whether or not, or what sins I might, or might not confess, and all that.

I was not talking about that.

I asked you what your understanding is about what those passages were talking about as to the words "repent," and the word "confessing" and the word "sins."

Nothing more. Nothing less.

We should try not to read into people's words.

Just as trying not to read into people's words should also be our practice when studying Scripture.

My apologies for whatever any contribution on my part may have been to any misunderstanding my questions to you on this may have resulted in, in you, Rom. 14:23.