ECT WHAT ACTS 2:28 REALLY MEANS !!

lifeisgood

Then you disagree with God because he says it does.

21and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Peter is talking about the symbol of what water baptism represents --- he is talking about the baptism into Christ, which takes place at conversion. This baptism is done by faith and has nothing to do with water baptism, even though it serves as a symbol [Rom. 6:3-5].

Not putting away of the filth of the flesh - proclaims the fact that water baptism cannot clean the soul.

The answer of a good conscience toward God - refers to the fact that one engages in water baptism because one has ALREADY been made clean by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, which in turn gives us a good conscience toward God.

By the Resurrection of Jesus Christ - which refers to the Cross, and the Believing sinner being raised with Christ in “newness of life” [Rom. 6:4–5])

Water baptism does not saved / has never saved anyone either in OT times or NT times.

turbosixx

Peter is talking about the symbol of what water baptism represents --- he is talking about the baptism into Christ, which takes place at conversion. This baptism is done by faith and has nothing to do with water baptism, even though it serves as a symbol [Rom. 6:3-5].

Not putting away of the filth of the flesh - proclaims the fact that water baptism cannot clean the soul.

The answer of a good conscience toward God - refers to the fact that one engages in water baptism because one has ALREADY been made clean by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, which in turn gives us a good conscience toward God.

By the Resurrection of Jesus Christ - which refers to the Cross, and the Believing sinner being raised with Christ in “newness of life” [Rom. 6:4–5])

Water baptism does not saved / has never saved anyone either in OT times or NT times.

Look at it again, Peter uses the example of the flood and says “eight in all were saved through water”. The water in verse 21 that symbolizes is referring to the water in verse 20 that saved eight people. The pronoun “this” water, is referring to the water of the flood and the flood water symbolizes baptism.

20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
Also, IT is a pronoun referring back to the noun baptism. “It (baptism) saves you”.

turbosixx

Why did Paul still have sin before his baptism?

16And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’

If it is as you say, it should read, "be baptized for your sins have been washed away".

"baptism cannot save you"
"baptism that now saves you"

One is direct quote from the bible, which one do you believe!

Danoh

16And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’

If it is as you say, it should read, "be baptized for your sins have been washed away".

They would have understood the "wash away thy sins" from the viewpoint of the Law of Moses.

And no, I will not hold your hand, and quote the relevant OT passages, just so you can continue to reason them away because you are lazy and prefer your own know it all attitude - study this out yourself (only to distort it anyway; I'm sure).

God's Truth

Ok, the bible says in plain language "baptism that now saves you" but you choose to use examples that you just might not fully understand, to prove to yourself that baptism cannot save you.

I choose to look closer at the examples to understand how the two agree rather than disbelieve what is clearly written in black and white.

The Bible plainly says that water baptism is symbolic and it is the pledge to God that saves, by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The Bible shows us this when Cornelius and his whole household were saved BEFORE a water baptism, and the Samaritans were saved AFTER a water baptism.

God's Truth

It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

The pronoun IT is referring to the noun baptism.

In the New Testament times, the people were usually water baptized right after hearing the message that saves and agreeing to it.

That is just not how it happens nowadays. I have yet to hear any denomination preach the truth. So tell me, how are most people going to hear the truth and then be water baptized?

turbosixx

They would have understood the "wash away thy sins" from the viewpoint of the Law of Moses.

I see a problem and would like to make a suggestion. You can't take a passage for what it says without trying to figure out what’s going on behind the curtain or how it doesn't mean what it plainly says. Take it at face value within the context. I have no doubt you’re smart but the bible was written on an elementary level, try looking at it from that level. GT, that's another story.

turbosixx

The Bible plainly says that water baptism is symbolic

I know this horse is dead but this is one thing you have wrong and should be able to see. Look at the passage again.

in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism

This is referring to the water in the previous verse, that's how pronouns work. This water (flood) symbolizes baptism. He is using the example of 8 people being saved through water (flood) to show that we are saved through water (baptism). No where in scripture does the bible say baptism symbolizes anything.

God's Truth

I know this horse is dead but this is one thing you have wrong and should be able to see. Look at the passage again.

in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism

This is referring to the water in the previous verse, that's how pronouns work. This water (flood) symbolizes baptism. He is using the example of 8 people being saved through water (flood) to show that we are saved through water (baptism). No where in scripture does the bible say baptism symbolizes anything.
You are denying the truth.

This baptism now saves you ...THE PLEDGE OF A CLEAR CONSCIENCE TO GOD.

God did not allow the wicked on the ark.

The wicked did NOT WANT TO GO ON THE ARK.

You need to think about it some more and be able to humble yourself and admit you are wrong.

Without humbleness, you will never see the truth.

DAN P

You are denying the truth.

This baptism now saves you ...THE PLEDGE OF A CLEAR CONSCIENCE TO GOD.

God did not allow the wicked on the ark.

The wicked did NOT WANT TO GO ON THE ARK.

You need to think about it some more and be able to humble yourself and admit you are wrong.

Without humbleness, you will never see the truth.

Hi , and what is AMUSING in Peter , is that the one's who were BAPTIZED were those that Drowned and the one's in the ARK stayed DRY ,:rotfl::rotfl:

DAN P

turbosixx

Hi , and what is AMUSING in Peter , is that the one's who were BAPTIZED were those that Drowned and the one's in the ARK stayed DRY ,:rotfl::rotfl:

DAN P

I fixed it to read like you see it.

20 .......the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through without water. 21 Corresponding to that, baptism now saves no one - not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but it takes an appeal to God for a good conscience to receive the resurrection of Jesus Christ

I'm sure you feel this is what Peter really meant, no water needed.

lifeisgood

Look at it again, Peter uses the example of the flood and says “eight in all were saved through water”. The water in verse 21 that symbolizes is referring to the water in verse 20 that saved eight people. The pronoun “this” water, is referring to the water of the flood and the flood water symbolizes baptism.

20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
Also, IT is a pronoun referring back to the noun baptism. “It (baptism) saves you”.

The water did not save anybody, au contraire, that baptism of water killed everyone except the eight people who did not get water baptized because they obeyed God and entered the ark.

The ones that DID NOT get wet, were saved.
They entered the ark.

The ark being symbolic of Jesus Christ and what He would do / did on the Cross of Calvary.

lifeisgood

He also had sin AFTER his water baptism.

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? (Rom. 7:24)

There is a baptism that saves and it is NOT water baptism.

Neither Paul, nor you, nor I, nor anyone else in the whole world has ever been saved by water baptism.

WATER baptism cannot save anybody.
WATER baptism has never saved anybody - OT or NT times.

However, there is one BAPTISM that saves, and it is not water baptism. [Rom. 6:3-5].

lifeisgood

Exactly, through the water --- they did not get wet and that is why they were saved, because they obeyed God and entered the ark.

The ones who were WATER baptized ALL were lost.
They did NOT believe God was going to baptize them in water.

lifeisgood

I fixed it to read like you see it.

20 .......the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through without water. 21 Corresponding to that, baptism now saves no one - not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but it takes an appeal to God for a good conscience to receive the resurrection of Jesus Christ

I'm sure you feel this is what Peter really meant, no water needed.

Exactly! That is exactly what Peter meant.

ALL who got water baptized were lost.
The eight who did not get water baptized were saved.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The ones who were destroyed were the wicked in the water from which they were not delivered from.

The LORD delivered the righteous from the death of the water.

This would not have been possible if they did not build the ark, the same as Christ built up a people to rescue the believers from the coming wrath on Judea.

and the same as the Body of Christ is instrumental in delivering the end times new believers from the vials of wrath, in order to inhabit the coming Kingdom of God on earth with believers only.

Rev.ch 12 and ch 14. ch 7 and 21

Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
LA

turbosixx

1 Pt. 3:21... baptism now saves you-not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience-through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Mark 16:16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.