ECT Rightly Dividing

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The "True Believers" are upfront and honest about their faith. The others, hide,
give half answers, cryptic answers, get angry if you ask them questions about
their faith or just ignore the questions altogether.

Danoh

Is this to you

Acts 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

Acts 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

or contrary to you?

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Colossians 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Colossians 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The only way to reconcile it is to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV as both of them were TO members of the Body of Christ.

It does not appear that issue was merely that of the need for Gentiles to abstain from certain meats, rather; for them to abstain from partaking of said meats when in the presence of those that might offend.

And this is actually the principle, or practice in general, of “Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:” 2 Cor. 6:3, as applied to this particular issue here.

Why this issue “that the ministry be not blamed”?

Note how, in the following, although the freedom is there; so is the concern for another’s conscience, given an issue on the table here, that is of much of greater importance than the Believer’s liberty in such issues when in the presence of others -“that they may be saved” - verses 32-33, below.

1 Corinthians 10:

27. If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.
28. But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:
29. Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience?
30. For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks?
31. Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
32. Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:
33. Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Verse 28’s first word “But” is in the sense of “rather,” or “in other words.” I know this from the sense of the flow of Paul’s thought throughout, there and in chapter 8.

achduke

ACH, I'll just write you off as being one of those, "Secretive Types" who have
something to hide.

I have told you before I have never been associated formally to any churchy buildings or religious organizations. Have I been in them yes. But for weddings and family events, nothing formal. I have not been secretive and I have answered your questions. I am not going to keep playing games when you ask "Are you a JW or are you a mormon?" The answer to them all is NO!

achduke

Let's face it, you're hiding a belief system that you
don't want others to know about. A "True
Believer" would have NO problem saying what
church they've been to. However, a cultist would.

I like to know who I'm posting with? A Mormon, Jewish,
cultist, Jehovah witness, Catholic etc.

I am not a liar. I am not involved with any religious organizations and I have never been a part of one. You will have to take my word on it. I have nothing else to offer here other than my word.

Last edited:

Interplanner

good question

the answer is
it is not in scripture

Chrys,
Are you saying you don't know that it comes from I Tim 3:16? Or are you saying that the KJV is a bad trans?

The drift of Paul's thought there has nothing to do with how God has organized the ages, ie, before/after Christ. It has to do with pastoral challenges. So when the Dispensationalists popularized the expression RD, they once again showed that they look for sound bytes rather than the true, solid background.

Jerry Shugart

Let me see? Heir is 100% correct and Jerry is 100% wrong. There, that was easy.

Let me see? Should I believe your silly ideas or what Paul wrote here?:

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).​

All of the Jewish believers living in the first century did indeed call on the name of Jesus Christ so Paul's words in this epistle applies to them. And here is what he told every Israelite believer in every place:

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

There can be no doubt whatsoever that all those who called on the name of the Lord Jesus in every place must include all of the believers among the Israelites so they were told that they were baptized into the Body of Christ.

From this we can know that all of the believers in the first century were members of the Body of Christ so it is Romans through Jude that applies to them.

You say that my interpretation of these two verses is in error but at the same time you prove nothing. If my interpretation of 1 Corinthians 1:2 is in error then it must have another meaning.

Give me your interpretation of the meaning of that verse. All I ever see of you is telling me that my interpretation is in error but then you run and hide when asked to give your interpretation.

So prove that you have the courage to tell us the meaning of what Paul said at 1 Corinthians1:2. After all, since you say that my interpretation is in error then you must think you know the correct interpretation.

What is your interpretation of 1 Corinthians 1:2?

Jerry Shugart

Departing the faith for those in the Body is not the same as falling away (Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)! To believe they are the same is a classic case of failure to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV!

Do you deny that those who are being addressed in the book of Hebrews are "perfected forever?:

"By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all...For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified" (Heb.10:10,14).​

Jerry Shugart

The best example of 'rightly dividing' that I know of is:

And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

He correctly understood The Word of God to explain what he believed as Truth.

That is one way whereby a Jew living under the law could theoretically obtain eternal life but in order to obtain it that way one had to keep the law perfectly. And no one ever did that but the lord Jesus.

Here is another way that the Jews who lived under the law could obtain eternal life. The Lord Jesus told them the following:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

In this verse the Greek word translated "believes" and the Greek word translated "has" are both in the "present" tense.

In The Blue Letter Bible we read the following meaning of the present tense:

"The present tense represents a simple statement of fact or reality viewed as occurring in actual time. In most cases this corresponds directly with the English present tense."

Therefore, John 5:24 is saying that those who were believing at the time the Lord Jesus spoke those words had already received eternal life. That is what is meant as something being "viewed as occurring in actual time."

So once those who lived under the law believed they received received eternal life. And the receiving of it was completely apart from law keeping.

john w

Hall of Fame
prior to the seventeenth century
not a single bible
had the phrase
rightly dividing

Prior to the late 1800's, early 1900's, not a single person corrected the KJB, or believed in the satanic "Originals only-ism," "The Hebrew only-ism," "The Greek only-ism," or "Error only-ism."

So there.