ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Word based mystic

you are using a quote that refers to sins of any

you still don't address the issue/scripture. Do you agree with it or dismiss it??

look at verse 21. So Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.”

we as believers are sent as priests and kings to all the world.
The Holy Spirit within us partners and powers us to do the works Jesus did.

matthew 18:21-22 Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus *said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven

you still have not addressed john 20

yes (any) who offend you you can forgive.

i do not believe the (any) also adds any sins of anybody at anytime.
that is a judgement day issue

but if (any) do sin against you, you can forgive them and on judgement day that sin will not be retained.

no one liner responses please
actually answer the john 20 with full consideration not a dismissal because it does not fit in RCC doctrine of diminishing laity Holy spirit within priesthood.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Ephesians 4:32King James Version (KJV)

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Word based mystic

Ephesians 4:32King James Version (KJV)

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

nice.

the fullness of the statement re-affirms John 20:22

(even as) God for Christssake has forgiven you do so to those that offend you.

the fullness (even as) reaches judgement day.

once again affirming the priesthood commission of believers to do the works of Christ

fzappa13

Thank you for your response brother. However, I was asking our brother chrysostom for an example on how he has done this.

Excellent verse by the way. It would be an extraordinary Bible study. :)

God bless you, and thank you kindly.

I live to serve ... and point out there are verses that argue for both views. Now, if we can just embrace or create a theology in which both things are true we might be getting somewhere.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Forgiving you is easy but forgetting takes the longest time. (Willie Nelson)

:zman: Willie's a pot head. :rolleyes:

We forgive others because we have been forgiven (Ro 5:8). It's a mark of the believer (1 Jn 4:20). :straight:

Ever not been forgiven? :sigh: Matt. 18:23–35

As a reminder Jamie is number 18 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Mt 5:44

webpacman-thumb.jpg

God's Truth

:dizzy: Lk 17:3

Jesus does not contradict himself. You have the wrong understanding about Luke 17:3. Jesus forgave those who did not ask for forgiveness(Luke 23:24), and Stephan also forgave those who did not ask for forgiveness (Acts 7:60), but you give scripture you do not understand and explain it to mean we do not have to forgive unless someone asks us for forgiveness.

The scripture in Luke is about letting your brother know personally that you have forgiven him.

Luke 17:3 Be careful. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him. If he repents, forgive him.

Even if your brother does not ask you personally to forgive him, you are to forgive him in your heart.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
you still have not addressed john 20

yes (any) who offend you you can forgive.

i do not believe the (any) also adds any sins of anybody at anytime.
that is a judgement day issue

but if (any) do sin against you, you can forgive them and on judgement day that sin will not be retained.

how can you misinterpret the

sins of any

the apostles are given that power

you don't need authority to forgive those who have offended you

you are commanded to do it

God's Truth

No, just you. :chuckle:

The Law says man has to perform, and Grace says our LORD did the performing. We are to believe and trust in that...not in ourselves.

Our Lord preached the Law when He walked this earth, but then He was crucified, buried, and rose from the dead. The CROSS really did make a difference, IMJ. The RISEN LORD preached another message, ie that He is the end of the LAW for righteousness. BECAUSE He did the performing (work). Until you understand that, you'll continue to make these ignorant statements. :nono:

WE HAVE TO OBEY.

God works in us to want to obey Him!

God's Truth

nice.

the fullness of the statement re-affirms John 20:22

(even as) God for Christssake has forgiven you do so to those that offend you.

the fullness (even as) reaches judgement day.

once again affirming the priesthood commission of believers to do the works of Christ

Jesus sent the Twelve as he was sent.

We are not sent as Jesus was sent. We are not sent as the Apostles were sent.

The Prophets, and the APOSTLES, and Jesus Christ as Chief Cornerstone laid the foundation. The foundation has been laid.

Ephesians 2:20, and 1 Corinthians 3:11

Word based mystic

Jesus sent the Twelve as he was sent.

We are not sent as Jesus was sent. We are not sent as the Apostles were sent.

The Prophets, and the APOSTLES, and Jesus Christ as Chief Cornerstone laid the foundation. The foundation has been laid.

Ephesians 2:20, and 1 Corinthians 3:11

much of your interpretations of scripture does not take in to account the fullness and other scriptures as a whole.

for instance your above supposition that we are not sent in the same fashion of jesus is speculative and contradicted by some scriptures.

2 cor 5:20 namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to ((us)) the word of reconciliation. 20Therefore, (we) are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. 21He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

John 14:12 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. 13"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son

rev 1:6 and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father-- to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever

john 20:23 And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 23"If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained."

we also can be filled with (all the fullness of God) as we are matured in love ephesians 3:16-19

romans 8:29 so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren (((first of many brethren))) not servants.

sons and daughters with the inheritance and authority and responsibility of reconciling with and through His Spirit

Jamie Gigliotti

This is a beautiful insight of how His grace works in us and for us. Yes, trust IS the key here. We've GOT to TRUST Him in all of it. When we do He mooooooves in un-believeably inexplicable ways.

Thank you for your post. I will be meditating on it this morning, and thanking God and praising Him. Just this morning, out of the blue i was prompted to reconcile with a family member before i read your post. God's timing is inexplicable and perfect.

God bless you brother in Christ and beloved son of the Most High God.

God bless you brother!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Jesus does not contradict himself..."
He doesn't. :idea: You do (2 Pe 2:1, 3:15–17) :juggle: As a reminder God's Truth is number 39 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

"You have the wrong understanding about Luke 17:3. Jesus forgave those who did not ask for forgiveness(Luke 23:24)..."
You think Pilate went to heaven? :dizzy:

"...and Stephan also forgave those who did not ask for forgiveness (Acts 7:60)..."
Jesus had sinners on his mind upon death as well (Lk 23:34). You think all men are going to heaven? Lk 23:34 :hammer:

Men are not forgiven by God until they repent. :dizzy: Why would we forgive others who have not repented? Eze 33:9, Ac 2:37, 38

"...but you give scripture you do not understand..."
:yawn: Proof please (Eph 4:14). :peach:

"...and explain it to mean we do not have to forgive unless someone asks us for forgiveness."
Luke 17:3 isn't going anywhere. :smokie:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is a part of the message for Sunday at the retirement and healthcare center where I'm the chaplain.

This is serious instruction about forgiving and forgiveness, how serious is it. I take it very serious, since Jesus said it, I believe it is an absolute truth.

What do you say?

Mark 11:25-26
"And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."

Luke 6:36
Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.
With forgiving and forgiveness.
Is this unconditional?
Without consequences?
To be forgotten?

Some people seem to steep in their forgiveness like a tea bag in a cup of hot water. Maybe someday they'll let it go.

God's Truth

much of your interpretations of scripture does not take in to account the fullness and other scriptures as a whole.
That is just ignorant of you.

for instance your above supposition that we are not sent in the same fashion of jesus is speculative and contradicted by some scriptures.
I said we were not sent exactly as the Apostles were sent. You did not lay the foundation. You are no Apostle.

God's Truth

He doesn't. :idea: You do (2 Pe 2:1, 3:15–17) :juggle: As a reminder God's Truth is number 39 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

You think Pilate went to heaven? :dizzy:

Jesus had sinners on his mind upon death as well (Lk 23:34). You think all men are going to heaven? Lk 23:34 :hammer:

Men are not forgiven by God until they repent. :dizzy: Why would we forgive others who have not repented? Eze 33:9, Ac 2:37, 38

:yawn: Proof please (Eph 4:14). :peach:

Luke 17:3 isn't going anywhere. :smokie:

Reread everything I said a few more times and then fix your replies to me, and then I will comment. You are all mixed up and implying all kinds of things I did not say. Doesn't the truth matter more to you than that?