ECT WILL PENTECOSTALS TELL US WHY ??

DAN P

Hi to all , and in Acts 2:1 on the Day of Pentecost , they were ONE accord in one place !

And in verse 2 , there came a mighty Rushing wind !

Did you FEEL the Wind ?

Then there appeared unto them CLOVEN TONGUES like as FIRE , and sat on each of them !

The Pentecostals claim is that IF you have not been Baptized as in Acts 3 , you can not be saved !

If you were Baptized as those in Acts 2:1-4 , then , it is a group Baptism of the Holy Spirit !

Did you have A CLOVEN TONGUE of FIRE sitting on you ??

Explain the CLOVEN TONGUE ?

Explain , why Fire is used , and it's meaning ?

How were you able to receive HOLY SPIRIT and is it part of Salvation ??

DAN P

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hi to all , and in Acts 2:1 on the Day of Pentecost , they were ONE accord in one place !

Did you FEEL the Wind ?

Then there appeared unto them CLOVEN TONGUES like as FIRE , and sat on each of them !

The Pentecostals claim is that IF you have not been Baptized as in Acts 3 , you can not be saved !

If you were Baptized as those in Acts 2:1-4 , then , it is a group Baptism of the Holy Spirit !

DAN P

maybe it's reserved for True Pentecostals only. they can't explain it you. you just aren't 'gifted" maybe ? - :patrol:

andyc

Did you FEEL the Wind ?

DAN P

Maybe you can ask Cornelius.

DAN P

Maybe you can ask Cornelius.

Hi and not surprised by your answer , You do not have one as your knowledge is LIMITED .

You are a ONE TRICK PONY , BUT why not do a word study on CLOVEN and on FIRE , and learn something and read the TEXT !!:chuckle::chuckle:

DAN P

andyc

Hi and not surprised by your answer , You do not have one as your knowledge is LIMITED .

You are a ONE TRICK PONY , BUT why not do a word study on CLOVEN and on FIRE , and learn something and read the TEXT !!:chuckle::chuckle:

DAN P

Why?

I possess what scripture says I can have. You fight it.
Do without it if that's what you want, and live on this forum writing threads against the Holy Spirit.

Truster

Did you FEEL the Wind ?

DAN P

Cloven tongues is more accurately translated as divided tongues.

The term with one accord is more accurately translated as, in unanimity.

Fire is used because it is representative of Elohim in purifying. Elohim is a consuming fire.

Livelystone

DAN P

CLOVEN hoof = two witnesses that are part of the foundation for determining the truth and what is clean per God's law. Pentecost is the time when the law was first given

Fire as in God's law is a FIREY law and Pentecost is the time the law is to be written on our hearts that is the promise of the new covenant given to us.

This is signifying to be the same as when Moses received the Law written on stone at Pentecost prophesying of the hardness of the heart of Christians against the law of God including the refusal of the Pentecost Church (all of the church and not just the pentecost denomination) to accept the law of God that has caused the downfall of all of the mainstream denominational churches. (as well as most of those who are not mainstream)

Deuteronomy 33:2 And he said, The Lord came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.

DAN P

Fire as in God's law is a FIREY law and Pentecost is the time the law is to be written on our hearts that is the promise of the new covenant given to us.

Hi and at least you did some research !

Where is a verse that teaches " the Law is to be written " on a Gentiles heart as Eph 2:12 says differently !!

Where is the New Covenant given to Gentiles , Heb 8:8 ?

dan p

Livelystone

Where is a verse that teaches " the Law is to be written " on a Gentiles heart as Eph 2:12 says differently !!

dan p

First we need to establish what is a jew and who is Israel?

The "called out" aka chosen ones that aslo means "God commands'" were from Israel that means "God's first born son". Albeit sometimes attributed only to Judah, descendents from other tribes also called themselves 'jews".

Exodus 4:22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:

Hosea 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

Matthew 2:15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

The same as the "promised seed" from Abraham is not many seeds but instead is only one seed and that seed is Christ. Jesus Christ who is a many membered body is God's only firstborn son (Adam lost that when he sinned)

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

This many membered body has the same requirements as the OT Jews that you follow the commandments or one would be "broken off" as easily as another could be grafted in who if it was a gentile is now a believer and no more a gentile.

For that matter, have you ever asked yourself how so many "light skinned, blong haired and blue eyed Ashkenazi Jews came to be? For sure they did not all come from Rome but also from the Causus mountains and were called "Cacuasians" who converted to Judusim before migrating into Europe including Italy

Having said all of the above here is one more and final verse aka witness to the truth

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people

Blessings to you,

Doug

DAN P

First we need to establish what is a jew and who is Israel?

The "called out" aka chosen ones that aslo means "God commands'" were from Israel that means "God's first born son". Albeit sometimes attributed only to Judah, descendents from other tribes also called themselves 'jews".

Exodus 4:22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:

Hosea 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

Matthew 2:15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

The same as the "promised seed" from Abraham is not many seeds but instead is only one seed and that seed is Christ. Jesus Christ who is a many membered body is God's only firstborn son (Adam lost that when he sinned)

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

This many membered body has the same requirements as the OT Jews that you follow the commandments or one would be "broken off" as easily as another could be grafted in who if it was a gentile is now a believer and no more a gentile.

For that matter, have you ever asked yourself how so many "light skinned, blong haired and blue eyed Ashkenazi Jews came to be? For sure they did not all come from Rome but also from the Causus mountains and were called "Cacuasians" who converted to Judusim before migrating into Europe including Italy

Having said all of the above here is one more and final verse aka witness to the truth

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people

Blessings to you,

Doug

Hi and nothing about who the New Covenant is given to Heb 8:8 !!

dan p

Livelystone

Hi and nothing about who the New Covenant is given to Heb 8:8 !!

dan p
I certainly have nothing against adding that verse, or these verses as long as they are being considered for what they actually are saying versus what traditions say

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob
:

DAN P

I certainly have nothing against adding that verse, or these verses as long as they are being considered for what they actually are saying versus what traditions say

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob
:

Hi , and it is easy to me , to refute Covenant theology , as Eph 2:12 , says all Gentiles were Aliens from then Covenants of Promise and what is so hard to believe this ?

You see that verse 25 says " do not be CONCEITED that blinded in part has happenned to Israel and that stopped Israel from being saved as a Nation and she was set aside as Acts 13:46 ; Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 !!

dan p

turbosixx

Hi , and it is easy to me , to refute Covenant theology , as Eph 2:12 , says all Gentiles were Aliens from then Covenants of Promise and what is so hard to believe this ?

You see that verse 25 says " do not be CONCEITED that blinded in part has happenned to Israel and that stopped Israel from being saved as a Nation and she was set aside as Acts 13:46 ; Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 !!

dan p

Yes, Gentiles were aliens but now they are not.
Eph. 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall,

Paul preached the new covenant to the Gentiles. 2 Cor. 3:6 who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

I would like to give you something to consider. The nation of Israel was no different than the Mosaical law. They both served as physical examples to help us understand what we have today in Christ. The nation of Israel in the OT was a shadow of the body of Christ in the NT.

An Israelite was a descendant of Abraham and was circumcised according to the law. Looking at Paul's Jewish credentials in Phil. 3:4-6 we can see this is what makes a man a physical Jew (flesh). Today, Christians meet those same two requirements.

Gal. 3:29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.
Col. 2:11 and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ;

As for you OP, the way the apostles received the HS only occurs one other time in scripture (Cornelius) and there was no wind or fire.

Peter explaining the conversion of Cornelius. Acts 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them just as He did upon us at the beginning.

IMO, the wind and fire is God demonstrating his authority and power establishing a new dispensation.

Livelystone

dan p

This is all true and good, and it should be as God's plan to become a light unto the Gentiles that would allow them to become His People with Him as their God was/is a covenant and stated so by the prophets so much that it was well know long before NT times.

Is.42:5 Thus saith God the Lord, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

6: I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7: To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

The term "gentile" does not define a race or a belief but a person with a lack of belief in the truth. Once one believed in the God of Israel, former gentiles were allowed to convert. Go look and see in the law where it was provided for in the OT for a gentile to be able to become an Israelite (that included submission to the Law of God)

This is why so many Jews who became Christians naturally thought that Gentiles who became Christians should in turn submit to the Law

My goal is not to refute you but become in agreement and of the same mind

Last edited:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Did you FEEL the Wind ?

The Pentecostals claim is that IF you have not been Baptized as in Acts 3, you can not be saved!
Which Pentecostal Denomination. I know I've never said that.

DAN P
You probably will not, you should read...

"This is That"
and
"It Shall Flow Like A River" (OOP)

DAN P

Which Pentecostal Denomination. I know I've never said that.

You probably will not, you should read...

"This is That"
and
"It Shall Flow Like A River" (OOP)

Hi and if you are a Pentecostal , than tell us what the CLOVEN and the Fire mean , here is your opportunityto help out your theology !!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

In Acts 2:3 , " it sat " is in the Aortist tense or in English the Past tense , so what does that tell you ??

dan p

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

dan p

Jesus Christ - Risen - Holy Ghost - Comforter - Grace - Believe - Faith - Hebrews was written to Christian Hebrews with understanding of "Covenants" = Christ = New Covenant. New Testament. a COVENANT IS a Promise. look that word up. did God NOT Make Promises Through Paul ? i think you've been here about 6 years ? surely you have read and heard these things - :patrol:

DAN P

Jesus Christ - Risen - Holy Ghost - Comforter - Grace - Believe - Faith - Hebrews was written to Christian Hebrews with understanding of "Covenants" = Christ = New Covenant. New Testament. a COVENANT IS a Promise. look that word up. did God NOT Make Promises Through Paul ? i think you've been here about 6 years ? surely you have read and heard these things - :patrol:

Hi and there srill 4 covenants that not yet in operation , and they are the following ones !

#1 , The New Covenant

#2 , The Palestinian Covenant

#3 , The Davidic Covenant

#4 , The Abrahamic Covenant

These 4 Covenant are all UN-conditional !!

The only one that was conditional , was the Old Covenant and these COVENANT /DIATHEKE has many meaning !!

dan p

oatmeal

Did you FEEL the Wind ?

DAN P

To do a good job of answering your questions, which are good questions, would take far more time and effort than space and time would allow on this website.

Are you here to mock or to seek answers?

I read both.

The most valuable work I know of that teaches the scripture on the subject is "receiving the holy spirit today" by VP Wierwille. I have seen copies for sale on Amazon or similar sites.

He wanted those answers as well. He wanted the same power that the first century believers used in their lives. Well, God is still in the same business as He was back then.

For me, when I first heard Acts 2:1-4 read to me, I decided, "if it's good enough for the apostles, it's good enough for me"

If you want answers, God shall fill you. Matthew 5:6

DAN P

To do a good job of answering your questions, which are good questions, would take far more time and effort than space and time would allow on this website.

Are you here to mock or to seek answers?

I read both.

The most valuable work I know of that teaches the scripture on the subject is "receiving the holy spirit today" by VP Wierwille. I have seen copies for sale on Amazon or similar sites.

He wanted those answers as well. He wanted the same power that the first century believers used in their lives. Well, God is still in the same business as He was back then.

For me, when I first heard Acts 2:1-4 read to me, I decided, "if it's good enough for the apostles, it's good enough for me"

If you want answers, God shall fill you. Matthew 5:6

Hi , and the Holy Spirit was poured out by the God the Father as Acts 2:33 explains ??

The verb " He hath shed " is in the AORIST or Past Tense and done with , don't you see !!

In other words you will never bring BRING IT BACK , any more than you will bring back Acts 2:38 which has to do with the CRUCFIXION of Jesus as Peter is trying Israel ro REPENT of it !!

Acts 2:17 or Joel's prophecy will begin in the middle of the 7 years Tribulation !!

dan p