ECT Why Paul?

Hawkins

The Lord already had his 12 men (Matthew 10:1-4 KJV) preaching the gospel of the kingdom/ the kingdom of heaven is at hand and later Matthias replaced Judas being numbered with the eleven (Acts 1:25-26 KJV) restoring the number of them to 12 who were preaching a gospel and will in the future judge the twelve tribes of Israel (Matthew 19:28). So then you have to ask yourself:

Why Paul?

Why did the Lord have to appear to Paul Himself if this was all the same good news?

Why not just send one of the 12?

Paul is one of the few Pharisees still trying his best to keep the Law to a high standard. He however is dead as he persecuted Christians and behaved as a stumbling block in the way of God's salvation plan. God thus saved him with mercy by converting him to a Christian.

As a brilliant Pharisee, Paul knows in-depth details of the OT law. His job is thus to give a theological explanation of the New Covenant.

Most Pharisees in Jerusalem did not accept Christ. Jesus had to use the more open minded Jews in Galilee as His witnesses. However, they are not as theologically familiar with the OT Law as a Pharisee does. While Paul, as a hardcore Pharisee, will have to be converted supernaturally.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Paul is one of the few Pharisees still trying his best to keep the Law to a high standard. He however is dead as he persecuted Christians and behaved as a stumbling block in the way of God's salvation plan. God thus saved him with mercy by converting him to a Christian.

As a brilliant Pharisee, Paul knows in-depth detail of the OT law. His job is thus to give a theological explanation of the New Covenant.

Most Pharisees in Jerusalem did not accept Christ. Jesus had to use the more open minded Jews in Galilee as His witnesses. However, they are not as theologically familiar with the OT Law as a Pharisee does. While Paul, as a hardcore Pharisee, will have to be converted supernaturally.

yes

Cross Reference

As a brilliant Pharisee, Paul knows in-depth detail of the OT law. His job is thus to give a theological explanation of the New Covenant.

Because he was a 'hardcore', non-wishee washee, Pharisee with the knowledge base he possessed, supernatural salvation was probably the only way he could have ever been converted. Ever wonder why God chose him over any other pharisee as smart as him if that wasn't the reason?

SaulToPaul 2

Did Saul blaspheme the Holy Ghost?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul called it his "my gospel" (Romans 2:16 KJV, Romans 16:25 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:8 KJV). It's just further proof that it wasn't given to the 12, but by direct revelation to him (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).
Yeppers.

DAN P

Everywhere!

Hi GM , and when we write that what Paul preached was HIDDEN from the Ages and Generations , they will not believe Col 1:25 -26 and that now , Eph 1:4 , is finally revealed to all and that we will be TROPHIES of His Grace through out the Unverse , Eph 2:7 and would rather be here on earth with the Nation of Israel !

dan p

DAN P

Everywhere!

Hi GM , and when we write that what Paul preached was HIDDEN from the Ages and Generations , they will not believe Col 1:25 -26 and that now , Eph 1:4 , is finally revealed to all and that we will be TROPHIES of His Grace through out the Unverse , Eph 2:7 and would rather be here on earth with the Nation of Israel !

They will be surprised as all Gentiles will be the TAIL and Israel will be the HEAD and the Head moves the TAIL !!

dan p

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

They will be surprised as all Gentiles will be the TAIL and Israel will be the HEAD and the Head moves the TAIL !!

dan p

There's a lot of confused posters around here Dan. They need
to start reading/studying the writings of Paul! (Romans--Philemon!)

Timotheos

The Lord already had his 12 men (Matthew 10:1-4 KJV) preaching the gospel of the kingdom/ the kingdom of heaven is at hand and later Matthias replaced Judas being numbered with the eleven (Acts 1:25-26 KJV) restoring the number of them to 12 who were preaching a gospel and will in the future judge the twelve tribes of Israel (Matthew 19:28). So then you have to ask yourself:

Why Paul?

Why did the Lord have to appear to Paul Himself if this was all the same good news?

Why not just send one of the 12?
Interesting question, but remember that there are not two gospels. There is only one way to be saved, through faith in Jesus Christ.
"And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 ESV

God sent Peter, James, John and Paul. God sends each of us to proclaim the same gospel, there is only one gospel.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Interesting question, but remember that there are not two gospels.
There are not (as in: are not presently today), but the there is certainly more than one gospel in the Bible.
There is only one way to be saved, through faith in Jesus Christ.
Actually, it's by and through the faith OF Jesus Christ.
God sent Peter, James, John and Paul.
Peter, James and John were not sent to us (Matthew 10:5 KJV). Paul was sent to us Acts 22:17-21 KJV, Romans 11:13 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV).
"And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 ESV
Believing who Jesus Christ is, is not enough to save anyone today.
God sends each of us to proclaim the same gospel, there is only one gospel.
What gospel would that be?

Last edited:

Cross Reference

There are not (as in: are not presently today), but the there is certainly more than one gospel in the Bible. Actually, it's by and through the faith OF Jesus Christ.
Peter, James and John were not sent to us (Matthew 10:5 KJV). Paul was sent to us Acts 22:17-21 KJV, Romans 11:13 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV).Believing who Jesus Christ is, is not enough to save anyone today.What gospel would that be?

"But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 3:7-12 (KJV)

That is the substance of the gospel preached by Paul. It was of his life __ the very same life by the faith OF the son of God he attained unto by his obedience and gift of God.