ECT Christ died that we should die with Him.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi,

The truth is, a believer must have his own self life put to death, and after that, other men will try to kill him.

This is the full gospel which many prefer to avoid by saying the death of Christ alone is sufficient that a believer will be in the first resurrection.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Christ overcame in one regard before His baptism by John and His entry into His ministry.

It was then that men wanted to kill Him in earnest. (apart from at His birth)

Whether the Lord keeps His saints alive in spite of men, that is up to Him, but the saint rests and is happy with whatever the Lord plans for him/her.

Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
Rev 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
Rev 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi,
We need to be prepared for the time of the last witness of the Kingdom of God before Jesus returns, and the Lord is doing that, but only with those who cooperate with Him in surrendering their lives to Him, beginning in the heart. (not to their respective religions, which actually prevent one doing so)

Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

--------------------------

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

This witness is the sign of the son of man in Heaven (as it was at Pentecost at the first)
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: --and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Shown by--

Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
Rev 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
Rev 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
Rev 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
Rev 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
Rev 11:14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

----------------------------------

Isa 33:14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?
Isa 33:15 He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;
Isa 33:16 He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.
Isa 33:17 Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off.

LA

Cross Reference

Hi,

The truth is, a believer must have his own self life put to death, and after that, other men will try to kill him.

This is the full gospel which many prefer to avoid by saying the death of Christ alone is sufficient that a believer will be in the first resurrection.
LA

This is the primary reason for Jesus Christ, i.e., He was sent into the world to reveal the Father __ and His government. He was the "first of first fruits" and was the Head of a totally new human race of people built upon a totally new foundation called "Redemption", the means and provision of God by which a second covenant could only be made with all of the "whosoever wills it" of mankind upon it being made known to him..

Upon the completion of His task, Jesus turned His back on the glory to give Himself physically to die, as a lamb, which made a way for such a redeemed man to follow suit. If understood as briefly stated by me, everything else becomes incidental. Translation: One cannot be of any earthly value until he is completely heavenly minded.

revpete

Hi,

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Christ overcame in one regard before His baptism by John and His entry into His ministry.

It was then that men wanted to kill Him in earnest. (apart from at His birth)

Whether the Lord keeps His saints alive in spite of men, that is up to Him, but the saint rests and is happy with whatever the Lord plans for him/her.

Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

LA

Yes, the death of Christ is enough to secure our salvation but we must work it out with fear and trembling and a big part of that is Gal. 2:20. 🚯

Pete 👤

Cross Reference

Yes, the death of Christ is enough to secure our salvation but we must work it out with fear and trembling and a big part of that is Gal. 2:20. 🚯

Pete 👤
Rev, The death of Christ was enough to secure our "redemption". Salvation is something one must seek/ask for upon hearing the redemption story. Isn't there a hymn that explains that?