ECT What's MAD?

ARMcCarley

Can a MAD rep please explain their doctrine, specifically salvation? Keep it to a paragraph and please supply scripture.

Doom

The short version

The gospel is...

"Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures"

• Jesus was born under the Law
  • Jesus taught under the Law
  • Jesus came for the lost sheep of the house of Israel
  • Jesus and His disciples preached the good news to the Jews that Jesus is the Christ
  • The Jews were looking for the restoration of the kingdom to Israel
  • As a nation they rejected Jesus
  • God raised up Paul to preach the mystery which had not yet been revealed
  • Paul's gospel is the gospel by which all men are saved (Eph 2:8-9) until the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled.

I'm sure others can fill in other details if needed.

musterion

How is salvation brought to the world currently. Is it the gospel of Jesus Christ?

Yes.

Would you please define for us what the Gospel of Christ is...what one must do to be saved? Please be specific.

musterion

The short version

The gospel is...

"Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures"

• Jesus was born under the Law
  • Jesus taught under the Law
  • Jesus came for the lost sheep of the house of Israel
  • Jesus and His disciples preached the good news to the Jews that Jesus is the Christ
  • The Jews were looking for the restoration of the kingdom to Israel
  • As a nation they rejected Jesus
  • God raised up Paul to preach the mystery which had not yet been revealed
  • Paul's gospel is the gospel by which all men are saved (Eph 2:8-9) until the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled.

I'm sure others can fill in other details if needed.

Looks good to me.

vfirestormv

Ask them if salvation was by obeying under the law in the OT?
Ask them if they (OT saints) were saved by grace looking forward to the cross?
Ask them what books of the Bible you are to adhere to? Of course you will find this out quickly if you start quoting anything Jesus, Peter, James or anyone other than Paul said in the Bible.

ARMcCarley

Jesus, the son of God came to earth to save the world from their sins. He was crucified by cross and on the third day He arose from the grave therefore defeating satan. Anyone who believes and confesses Him as their Lord and Savior will be saved

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus, the son of God came to earth to save the world from their sins. He was crucified by cross and on the third day He arose from the grave therefore defeating satan.

It wasn't to defeat satan. It was to defeat death.

Anyone who believes and confesses Him as their Lord and Savior will be saved

That isn't what the Lord Jesus Christ said nor James. And that is the point of "MAD". He said tell no one that he is the Christ. Do you do that? Why or why not.

ARMcCarley

Ask them if salvation was by obeying under the law in the OT?
Ask them if they (OT saints) were saved by grace looking forward to the cross?
Ask them what books of the Bible you are to adhere to? Of course you will find this out quickly if you start quoting anything Jesus, Peter, James or anyone other than Paul said in the Bible.

Do they believe in works for salvation? Jesus did teach the Old Testament law, but we read in Romans that Abraham was saved by faith before the law. Christ came to fulfill the law.

vfirestormv

Can a MAD rep please explain their doctrine, specifically salvation? Keep it to a paragraph and please supply scripture.

After you get that answer ask a lot more questions as well. Their view on salvation for today is basically sound. Grace alone, by faith alone in Christ alone. But it is the butchering of the Bible that is wrong. Peter and the other apostles and those saved in Acts 2 and even Cornelius are not a part of the Body of Christ, they are a different church. They are saved by obeying. As well as all those under the Law. Which I don't understand all those animal sacrifices if that is the case.
It all sounds good on the surface but there are a lot of holes in the theology.

ARMcCarley

Satan as the tempter into sin which is death.

And I do share the gospel with others. I'm not sure I understand the question