ECT Jesus is Lord

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Have you said Jesus is Lord?

1 Corinthians 12:3 NASB - Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

I have. Jesus is Lord.

Not everyone can say this. Are there any obstacles you have to saying this? Can you say this here in this thread or out loud where you are, etc...?

And so it's not just some words you have said, do you recognize the truth of the statement?

genuineoriginal

Jesus is Lord.
However, many people will find out that you not only have to call Jesus Lord but you also have to do what He says.

Luke 6:46
46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?​

oatmeal

1 Corinthians 12:3 NASB - Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

I have. Jesus is Lord.

Not everyone can say this. Are there any obstacles you have to saying this? Can you say this here in this thread or out loud where you are, etc...?

And so it's not just some words you have said, do you recognize the truth of the statement?

I Corinthians 12:3 Amp

Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking under the power and influence of the [Holy] Spirit of God can [ever] say, Jesus be cursed! And no one can [really] say, Jesus is [my] Lord, except by and under the power and influence of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:4

Speaking by the spirit of God is speaking in tongues

DAN P

I have. Jesus is Lord.
QUOTE]

Hi , and there are 5 verb tenses in verse 3 , so what do they mean ??

By the way the Greek text does NOT use the Greek article " the " before HOLY SPIRIT , and is of great signifiance whether you know it or NOT !!

dan p

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
speaking in tongues should only be done in the presence of a translater. see Corinthians - which means it is jibberish unless translated. besides that, we speak In The Spirit, in whatever language we know. any time 2 or more are gathered, In The Spirit, Church is in session, the best thing to do is speak in understandable language. it is amazing, the limits folks put on The Word. nobody is 100% right. simpletons. it's peaceful when we practice humility and humble ourSELVES. it is a contentment that can't be explained

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I have. Jesus is Lord.
QUOTE]

Hi , and there are 5 verb tenses in verse 3 , so what do they mean ??

By the way the Greek text does NOT use the Greek article " the " before HOLY SPIRIT , and is of great signifiance whether you know it or NOT !!

dan p

depends on the definition of "the";)

oatmeal

speaking in tongues should only be done in the presence of a translater. see Corinthians - which means it is jibberish unless translated. besides that, we speak In The Spirit, in whatever language we know. any time 2 or more are gathered, In The Spirit, Church is in session, the best thing to do is speak in understandable language. it is amazing, the limits folks put on The Word. nobody is 100% right. simpletons. it's peaceful when we practice humility and humble ourSELVES. it is a contentment that can't be explained

Really? that is what it means?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:dunce:hey oats, to answer the title of the thread, which gets lost in bickering, Jesus Is Lord - AND - Savior. what is the point in starting this thread. a general statement ? do you have questions ? do you already know? why not start a thread with - God Is Great:ha:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I have. Jesus is Lord.

Dear Untellectual,

Beware. I can imagine that Jim Jones, and others, have said that Jesus Is Lord, right before he gave them the killer Kool-Aid. Those scriptures were for ancient times, not for now. A lot of false 'prophets' have said the same and they are not of God. Be careful, is what I have to tell you. Many nuts now go out and say "Jesus Is Lord" and that's what they are is nuts. I bid you Adieu!

Much Love, In Christ Jesus, Untellectual,

Michael

;)

:zoomin:

God's Truth

I have. Jesus is Lord.

You do not understand that scripture.

That scripture is about people who were speaking in tongues. Paul was explaining that a person speaking in tongues would not speak against Jesus.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
;)
Jesus is Lord.
However, many people will find out that you not only have to call Jesus Lord but you also have to do what He says.

46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?​

cuz you do exactly what Jesus says, only the second person. ever. good for you ! you did it !

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I have. Jesus is Lord.

What does Lord mean?

Kurious.

Not Yahveh, Yahwah, or NT equivalent.

We have this--

Mar 13:5 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:
Mar 13:6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

They are not saying they are Christ, though some will but they do not deceive many.

Look who spoke here--

Luk 4:41 And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ.

Some posters on this board think they are Christians for that very reason.

Their deceiving spirit has them captive.

Genuine original has his eyes (and heart) open.

46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

LA

vfirestormv

Jesus is Lord. Not only that but Jesus is MY Lord.

Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Rom 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
Rom 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
Rom 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

I am His servant, moreover His slave, bought with a price, He is my Lord.

genuineoriginal

;)

cuz you do exactly what Jesus says, only the second person. ever. good for you ! you did it !
I see you are having problems understanding what calling Jesus "Lord" means.
It is not just a word you use so you can sit on a throne and tell Jesus that He has to do it instead of you.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
:dunce:hey oats, to answer the title of the thread, which gets lost in bickering, Jesus Is Lord - AND - Savior. what is the point in starting this thread. a general statement ? do you have questions ? do you already know? why not start a thread with - God Is Great:ha:
No, is Jesus your Lord and if you can't say Jesus is Lord or you haven't yet said it then is He?