ECT These signs will follow them who believe.

john w

Hall of Fame
The figure of speech ellipsis (intentional omission of a word or words, the intent is that we look closer at that passage to see God's intent) is an important factor in rightly dividing Mark 16:18, as a figure of speech, the passage is no longer a literal passage, but figurative

Then you changed your "argument," as prior, you asserted that it was literal, when I challenged you on it:

“Originally Posted by oatmeal
So what do you think you know about being spiritually minded.

The apostles spoke in tongues on the day of Pentecost.

Do you?
I am, also.

God is the Holy Spirit.

God is holy. Do you need a scriptural reference for that?

God is spirit. John 4:24

There fore God is the Holy Spirit.

That is another name or title in a long list of names/titles/descriptions that God has given us to know more about him.

The Holy Spirit is not a third member of some spiritual menage a trinity.

Oatmeal”

“Well John,

Glad to see I got your attention.

Do you speak in tongues? the apostle Paul did. Peter did. the other eleven apostles did.

As far as I am concerned, "if it is good enough for the apostles, it is good enough for me"-oatmel"The apostles spoke in tongues on the day of Pentecost.Do you?"-oatmush

“Show us your satanic tongue babbling.

The 12 apostles also were told to raise the dead, including Judas. Paul raised the dead. Do you? How are you doing on that? I thought so.

Peter also had "the word of knowledge"(1 Cor. 12:8 KJV, 1 Cor. 13:8 KJV) in Acts 5. Do you? You have that? Pat Roberston taught you that, did he?

The Lord Jesus Christ never spoke in tongues.

So there. See-I can play sophistry also. Stick to the topic, Christ rejecter, and cease from the bait'nswitch technique.”-John W

“Well, come to my home Bible study, if you want to see speaking in tongues as taught in the scripture. You'll be blessed to see the power of God in manifestation.

So, you say satanic, is that what Jesus Christ said it was?

Mark 16:17

He said it was a sign that follows those that believe.
You say it is satanic.

Well you do handle scripture like you handled my name.

End of story.

Oatmeal”

http://ns2.truthsmack.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79616&page=8

... and ff.

DAN P

These signs will follow them who believe

Contra wise, these signs will NOT follow THEM who do not believe.

Notice the THEM.

Hi and NOTICE this in Mark 16:16 !!

#1 , SHALL BE SAVED is a verb in the FUTURE TENSE why is that and will you explain it ??

#2 , In verse 16 is another verb , " SHALL BE DAMNED " also in the FUTURE TENSE , can you explain why ?

#3 , You said " AMEN " which means I believe it , explain what you believe about verse 16 as all the other verb tenses are in the Past Tense !!

#4 ," IS BAPTIZED " is in the Past Tense , so where is the Water in that verse ??:darwinsm::darwinsm:

dan p

DAN P

These signs will follow them who believe

Contra wise, these signs will NOT follow THEM who do not believe.

Notice the THEM.

The Lord said these things. It is wrong to countermand His words, in fact it is a criminal act of treason against Heaven.

Throughout the last 2000 years God has done miraculous things among His true followers. There are countless thousands of testimonies out there of this fact as well as some of our own.

Such stupid arguments like asking if we have drank poison deliberately, are of the same mind as those who handle snakes deliberately, which is a breaking of the commandment not to temp God.

Only those with NO testimony of the miraculous in their life would argue against the Lords words.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mar 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
Mar 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

LA

Hi and only TRUE followers are those who are Baptized ., speak in recognizable Languages , able to heal anything or anyone , so shall I rush over so that you will HEAL MY EYES ?

Should we RUSH over to the nearest sick ones so that you can HEAL THEM , or maybe if you Pray on Handkerchiefs , and we touched them we will be Lealed ??:bang::bang::bang:

dan p

oatmeal

Then you changed your "argument," as prior, you asserted that it was literal, when I challenged you on it:

“Originally Posted by oatmeal
So what do you think you know about being spiritually minded.

The apostles spoke in tongues on the day of Pentecost.

Do you?
I am, also.

God is the Holy Spirit.

God is holy. Do you need a scriptural reference for that?

God is spirit. John 4:24

There fore God is the Holy Spirit.

That is another name or title in a long list of names/titles/descriptions that God has given us to know more about him.

The Holy Spirit is not a third member of some spiritual menage a trinity.

Oatmeal”

“Well John,

Glad to see I got your attention.

Do you speak in tongues? the apostle Paul did. Peter did. the other eleven apostles did.

As far as I am concerned, "if it is good enough for the apostles, it is good enough for me"-oatmel"The apostles spoke in tongues on the day of Pentecost.Do you?"-oatmush

“Show us your satanic tongue babbling.

The 12 apostles also were told to raise the dead, including Judas. Paul raised the dead. Do you? How are you doing on that? I thought so.

Peter also had "the word of knowledge"(1 Cor. 12:8 KJV, 1 Cor. 13:8 KJV) in Acts 5. Do you? You have that? Pat Roberston taught you that, did he?

The Lord Jesus Christ never spoke in tongues.

So there. See-I can play sophistry also. Stick to the topic, Christ rejecter, and cease from the bait'nswitch technique.”-John W

“Well, come to my home Bible study, if you want to see speaking in tongues as taught in the scripture. You'll be blessed to see the power of God in manifestation.

So, you say satanic, is that what Jesus Christ said it was?

Mark 16:17

He said it was a sign that follows those that believe.
You say it is satanic.

Well you do handle scripture like you handled my name.

End of story.

Oatmeal”

http://ns2.truthsmack.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79616&page=8

... and ff.

John,

Have you considered some Christian counseling?

For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

john w

Hall of Fame
John,

Have you considered some Christian counseling?

For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

That's his best shot, when I showed, by his own words, including the thread, where he "argued" that it was "literal," and now changes his "argument."

You were caught, and now, you are squealing like a pig, with a fork in him.

"Have you considered some Christian counseling?"-oatmush

No.

Have you considered getting saved?

And it's saint John W to you, lost one.
_

"As far as I am concerned, "if it is good enough for the apostles, it is good enough for me"-oatmush

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If this is written TO anyone today, we wouldn't need hospitals! What in the world are you doing here on TOL, LA?! You claim it as written TO you so get on down there to your local infirmary and GET TO WORK!

Nurses, doctors, hospice care workers: Quit your jobs! LA has it all covered!

LOL

It is written to those who believe.

You do not believe.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Joh 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Act 4:29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,
Act 4:30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
Act 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
Act 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
Act 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
Act 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
Act 4:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

Act 8:4 Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.
Act 8:5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.
Act 8:6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
Act 8:7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
Act 8:8 And there was great joy in that city.

LA

Livelystone

Well done!

The figure of speech ellipsis (intentional omission of a word or words, the intent is that we look closer at that passage to see God's intent) is an important factor in rightly dividing Mark 16:18, as a figure of speech, the passage is no longer a literal passage, but figurative.

Mark 16:18 KJV

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

We see the word "if" before the phrase "they drink any deadly thing"

that if is omitted by the figure of speech ellipsis from in front of the phrase, " they shall take up serpents" to emphasize the high degree of protection that is made available, if they were to take up a serpent accidentally or unawares as did Paul on the island of Melitta Acts 28:1-6

Clearly, the apostle Paul was one of the believers that signs followed.

Even though he took up a serpent, clearly unawares, and was bitten by it, God protected him.

That is God's protection because of God's love. Paul understood the meaning of being a more than conqueror. Romans 8:37-39 KJV

Paul experienced God's loving protection

Likewise, he spoke in tongues, healed others, cast out devil spirits...

I believe taking up serpents has to do with taking up those who have them rather than "snake handling" that is nothing more than tempting God and contrary to the teaching of Jesus from when Satan tried to tempt Him. We see sepents as the tail of the dragon (a serpent with wings) who are false prophets causing other christians to fall from heaven and fail to receive the fullness of Christ formed in them that is the high calling of our profession

Same goes for drinking poison as the truth of the scriptures is our spiritual water to keep us from ever thirsting again (for anything different from the divine truth) such as all of the false doctrines that are poisons for many but not for those who are chosen by God and therefore properly equipped with the truth.

As far as angels protecting the chosen is another thing and dispensation of God for protecting His elect.

oatmeal

I believe taking up serpents has to do with taking up those who have them rather than "snake handling" that is nothing more than tempting God and contrary to the teaching of Jesus from when Satan tried to tempt Him. We see sepents as the tail of the dragon (a serpent with wings) who are false prophets causing other christians to fall from heaven and fail to receive the fullness of Christ formed in them that is the high calling of our profession

Same goes for drinking poison as the truth of the scriptures is our spiritual water to keep us from ever thirsting again (for anything different different from the divine truth) such as all of the false doctrines that are poisons for many but not for those who are chosen by God and therefore properly equipped with the truth.

As far as angels protecting the chosen is another thing and dispensation of God for protecting His elect.

ok

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hi and only TRUE followers are those who are Baptized ., speak in recognizable Languages , able to heal anything or anyone , so shall I rush over so that you will HEAL MY EYES ?

Should we RUSH over to the nearest sick ones so that you can HEAL THEM , or maybe if you Pray on Handkerchiefs , and we touched them we will be Lealed ??:bang::bang::bang:

dan p

Good post Dan

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It is written to those who believe.

You do not believe.

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Joh 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Act 4:29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,
Act 4:30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
Act 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
Act 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
Act 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
Act 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
Act 4:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

Act 8:4 Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.
Act 8:5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.
Act 8:6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
Act 8:7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
Act 8:8 And there was great joy in that city.

LA

Heir was right! You just don't especially care about truth!

DAN P

You and LazyA are extremely alike! How do you explain that?

Hi and IF they could really HEAL people ( Jews is the context ) there would be a Line half away AROUND the world !

I will say that they can NOT even heal there LOW Unintellectual BIBLE KNOWLEDGE !!:bang::bang:

DAN P