ECT the Sixth Hour in John 19:14.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
but no mention to sansets, meaning it was only one day (acording to your own criteria)
At least one day between burial and the discovery of the empty tomb, simply by identifying that there was a Sabbath (and there are two sunsets, one to begin and one to end, to any given day).

0scar

Why are you talking about Mark. Why are you talking about the ninth and the third hour?

The third hour of any given day occurs before the sixth hour of that same day. It was no different the day Jesus was crucified.

Mark says that Jesus was already crucified by the third hour.
You says that Jesus was crucified at the third hour and also he was crucified a second time at the sixth hour.
But John says that after the sixth hour Jesus was on the trial, after that he was sentenced and then he was wiped.

0scar

According to you things hapens the same day as follows:
Jesus is already crucififed by the 9am (third hour) Matk 15:21-25
Later same day Jesus is on trial at Pilate´s by noon (sixth hour) and afternoon, eventually being sentenced to the cross and severelly wiped. John 19:14-16

Your words or explanation of what you are reading is what is wrong.

What exactly is wrong?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Kark says that Jesus was already crucified by the third hour.
You says that Jesus was crucified at the third hour and also he was crucified a second time at the sixth hour.
But John says that after the sixth hour Jesus was on the trial, after that he was sentenced and then he was wiped.
Nothing about being crucified a second time. This is how I know that Jesus was crucified the same day that He was crucified. He was crucified and He died.

It has to do with the words. There is no reason to say He was crucified twice, and I conclude that what happened to Jesus in regard to the crucifixion was all on the same day. This is because He was crucified the day He was crucified, and not another day.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is already crucififed by the 9am (third hour) Matk 15:21-25
Later same day Jesus is on trial at Pilate´s by noon (sixth hour) and afternoon, eventually being sentenced to the cross and severelly wiped. John 19:14-16

What exactly is wrong?
The first word you have wrong is "already". This is because the first (recorded in the gospels) mention of His crucifixion was the third hour, which was about 9am.

oatmeal

It will be of more blessing if you manage to cantact VP Wierwille and tell him to red me.

Any how: Jesus was not crucified the same day of his arrest.

John 19:14-16

And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!

15 But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.

16 Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led him away.

What is the problem?

That there is no indication in John of another day?

Why is that a problem?

Since Jesus was before Pilate at the sixth hour and had already been crucified by the sixth hour, why is that a problem?

One day he was before Pilate at the sixth hour and the next day he had already been crucified well before the sixth hour.

Why let that trouble you?

Where in John 19:14-16 does it say "immediately after"?

Or do you assume that the word "immediately" must be meant whenever one event follows another in the word of God?

Matthew 1:2-16 would be rather bizarre if you assumed all the begattings occurred immediately after the previous one.

Well, it would be bizarre to assume that Jesus could be already crucified at the same time he is yet before Pilate.

As for VP Wierwille, he as fallen asleep and is awaiting the return of Christ, I Thessalonians 4:13-18

Since the dead are dead until they are raised from the dead, the first opportunity for you to contact VP Wierwille will be some time after the return of Christ

0scar

The first word you have wrong is "already". This is because the first (recorded in the gospels) mention of His crucifixion was the third hour, which was about 9am.

If you read Mark 15 you will see that by the third hour Jesas was already nailed to the cross. But I will give up this one.

Jesus is crucififed by the 9am (third hour) Matk 15:21-25
What exactly is wrong?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you read Mark 15 you will see that by the third hour Jesas was already nailed to the cross. But I will give up this one.

What exactly is wrong?
I don't know why you are talking about an afternoon.

Jesus was crucified. We know of the third hour, the sixth hour, and the ninth hour that day.

Livelystone

At least 2. Reading in each of the gospels from the crucifixion to the resurrection you will find mention of a Sabbath day.

Actually there were 2 Sabbath days during the time period starting at the arrest, and ending the day before the resurrection of Jesus Christ when seen early in the morning on the day following the weekly Sabbath. Every Saturday is a Sabbath day, but in addition to this every major feast day of which Passover is one of them constitutes a “high Sabbath”

This can be confirmed in the laws dealing with the feast days.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Actually there were 2 Sabbath days during the time period starting at the arrest, and ending the day before the resurrection of Jesus Christ when seen early in the morning on the day following the weekly Sabbath. Every Saturday is a Sabbath day, but in addition to this every major feast day of which Passover is one of them constitutes a “high Sabbath”

This can be confirmed in the laws dealing with the feast days.
I have said at least 2 sunsets after saying that the number of sunsets between crucifixion and resurrection was not my focus.

The day time (up until sunset) of Saturday is a part of the Sabbath day. The Sabbath day actually begins the evening prior though, at sunset.

A Sabbath day, whether a weekly Sabbath or an annual Sabbath both begins and ends with sunset.

0scar

Jesus is on trial at Pilate´s by noon (sixth hour) and afternoon, eventually being sentenced to the cross and severelly wiped. John 19:14-16

oatmeal

Jesus was at the cross by the third hour.

Easily solved if we simply believe what was written.

He was before Pilate on one day at the sixth hour

Since he was crucified by the third hour, it had to have been the following day

When did Matthew 27:27-31 and Mark 15:16-20 occur?

Before John 19:16 occurred

You really should pick up a copy of "Jesus Christ our Passover" it will expound scripture for you like you never imagined scripture could be expounded.

oatmeal

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is on trial at Pilate´s by noon (sixth hour) and afternoon, eventually being sentenced to the cross and severelly wiped. John 19:14-16
The third hour Jesus was or was to be crucified. The sixth hour Jesus was crucified and something pertaining to Pilate.

??

0scar

Easily solved if we simply believe what was written.

He was before Pilate on one day at the sixth hour

Since he was crucified by the third hour, it had to have been the following day

When did Matthew 27:27-31 and Mark 15:16-20 occur?

Before John 19:16 occurred

You really should pick up a copy of "Jesus Christ our Passover" it will expound scripture for you like you never imagined scripture could be expounded.

oatmeal

I am serious; try to contact that author and tell him to contact me. I will teach him a lot of things.
Jesus was not crucified the same day the trial before Pilate. Not only that, Jesus was before Pilates in two ocations in two different days. Before that, the days before, Jesus were trial by the Jew for two days.

Livelystone

I have said at least 2 sunsets after saying that the number of sunsets between crucifixion and resurrection was not my focus.

The day time (up until sunset) of Saturday is a part of the Sabbath day. The Sabbath day actually begins the evening prior though, at sunset.

A Sabbath day, whether a weekly Sabbath or an annual Sabbath both begins and ends with sunset.

I agree with what you are saying.

What I am pointing out is for Jesus to fulfill the prophecy of the Old Testament He needed to appear with those who crucified Him on the day before the Passover that was the day of preparation(?)

Then, at the time of the Passover, Jesus became the Passover lamb.

So when was the last supper (the evening before the day of preparation preceding his arrest)?

I am presenting these as questions and not answers

It is said that darkness covered the land at the normal time for the Passover lamb to be sacrificed, however, the Passover lamb (the animal one that was being slain by the bogus high priest) could not be slain during the hours of darkness and they had to wait for the light to return.

Just throwing my $.02 worth into the pot

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I agree with what you are saying.

What I am pointing out is for Jesus to fulfill the prophecy of the Old Testament He needed to appear with those who crucified Him on the day before the Passover that was the day of preparation. Then, at the time of the Passover, Jesus became the Passover lamb.

It is said that darkness covered the land at the normal time for the Passover lamb to be sacrificed, however, the Passover lamb (the animal one that was being slain by the bogus high priest) could not be slain during the hours of darkness and they had to wait for the light to return.

Just throwing my $.02 worth into the pot
Jesus was buried before that Passover holy day. I mean to clarify here. Whatever day of the week Jesus was buried, I believe He was arrested, put to trial, crucified, and buried before the 15th (the first day of the feast of unleavened bread) of the 1st month.

0scar

Jesus was not crucified same day of his arrest

Livelystone

Jesus was buried before that Passover holy day. I mean to clarify here. Whatever day of the week Jesus was buried, I believe He was arrested, put to trial, crucified, and buried before the 15th (the first day of the feast of unleavened bread) of the 1st month.

It could not have happened as you put it

One thing you can take to the bank is Jesus is our Passover lamb and the timing of two deaths needed to have the same scheduled time of death albeit the physical natural lambs death was put off because of the darkness that was the result of the crucifixion of Jesus. (Our Passover Lamb slain for the sins of the World)