ECT the Sixth Hour in John 19:14.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
But it was not as you says, was not the same day.
Jesus was at pilate´s a day by noon, sixth hour
Jesus was crucified a day by 9am, third hour.
I just told you Jesus was crucified on the day He was crucified. I don't see why you would argue against that.

0scar

I just told you Jesus was crucified on the day He was crucified. I don't see why you would argue against that.

Christ was also arrested the day was arrested. But I have demostrated to you that it was not the same day of his crucifixion.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Christ was also arrested the day was arrested. But I have demostrated to you that it was not the same day of his crucifixion.
If a day is from sunset to sunset then it was the same day, as He was arrested in the night.

0scar

If a day is from sunset to sunset then it was the same day, as He was arrested in the night.
For those that love and care for what God is telling us by inspiration of the Holy Spirit concerning the pasion of Christ Jesus:
Jesus is at Pilate´s by noon (sixth hour)
At sunset commences a new day
Jesus is crucififed by the 9am (third hour)

Last edited:

Livelystone

If what were minutely important were the exact day and the exact hour, then God would have said this day, this hour, this year, this century, etc.

However, what is important is that He did died and that He bodily rose from the dead.

Why did He died --- to take the punishment that all sinners deserve.

John 3:16 and John 3:36 proclaim that what we should all be doing is putting our trust in Him and what He did at the Cross of Calvary, which is the only way to get eternal life.

The exact day and the exact hour is not the way to eternal life.

I agree

Timing is not a hill to die on but does make for an interesting discussion

Some persons accept the three nights in the earth only to be literal while others count the first night with His captors to be one of the three nights

I think these folks fall into the latter group. Either way the link has some interesting comments about the timing of passover, and the day of perpetration as well as the foods and meats consumed.

I disagree with the part concerning the reasoning behind the "different meats" consumed but like I said I do not consider it a hill to die on

http://www.chosenpeople.com/main/ho...236-frequently-asked-questions-about-passover

0scar

For those that love and care for what God is telling us by inspiration of the Holy Spirit concerning the pasion of Christ Jesus:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

There is no indication of a sunset/new day in the scriptures, the day Jesus was arrested and crucified.

rstrats

lifeisgood,

re: "Why did He died --- to take the punishment that all sinners deserve."

What punishment did the Messiah take that would otherwise have to be taken by sinners?

oatmeal

Jason just closed the thread " Explaining the Sixth Hour in John 19:14" because he run out of arguments

Jesus was at the Gabbatha, that is the Judgemnet Hall of Pilate; and was at the sixth hour, wich is noon in Roman, Jew, Greek and whatever time system existed in the I Century.
At noon Jesus was not yet sentenced to be crucified... and NEXT DAY at the third hour, that is before 9am, Jesus was already crucified.

The gospel accounts compliment each other.

Jesus was before Pilate at the sixth hour the day before he was crucified

Rather than give a long account of the narratives, please find and read "Jesus Christ our Passover" by VP Wierwille

0scar

There is no indication of a sunset/new day in the scriptures, the day Jesus was arrested and crucified.

According to you, from baptism to resurrection how many days did hapens? How many sunsets caan you found in the Gospels from baptism to resurrection? Because, according to you, those are the only sunsets that actually hapened.

0scar

According to you, that day it were not sunset?????

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
According to you, from baptism to resurrection how many days did hapens? How many sunsets caan you found in the Gospels from baptism to resurrection? Because, according to you, those are the only sunsets that actually hapened.
Jesus was not baptized on the day He was arrested and crucified.

0scar

The gospel accounts compliment each other.

Jesus was before Pilate at the sixth hour the day before he was crucified

Rather than give a long account of the narratives, please find and read "Jesus Christ our Passover" by VP Wierwille

It will be of more blessing if you manage to cantact VP Wierwille and tell him to red me.

Any how: Jesus was not crucified the same day of his arrest.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
According to you, that day it were not sunset?????
It's not different days. There is no sunset between the third hour and the sixth hour. Not even the ninth hour.
Untellectual said:
If Jesus was crucified at the 6th hour and at the 9th hour then it must have been the same day.
I mean the third, sixth, and ninth hours all occurred on the same day. Noon and 9am were the same day. The third and sixth hours were the same day. The ninth hour was about 3pm.