ECT When was the word "Catholic" first used?

Cruciform

Catholic teachings and traditions are 180 degrees different to the teachings and traditions of the apostles. The teachings of the catholic church are diametrically opposed to the teachings of Christ...that is our protest
Post your proof. For example...?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Post your proof. For example...?

The baptism you are baptised with is different to bible baptism
your communion is not the bible breaking of bread
the priesthood is different
the appointment of bishops and deacons are unbiblical
bible repentance and RCC reconciliation is different
nobody receives the Holy Ghost at confirmation

Sham, sham it is all sham. Not just different but 180 degrees different

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Not all, but a lot. Your posts are just childish rants though. "I never heard the bishop preach, boo hoo." Or, does my bishop know my name! Give me a break!! Did Peter and Paul know all the Roman Christians' names?

Peter and Paul were Apostles...the bishops were local. How can you watch over someone's soul without knowing them.

DAN P

There is a thread at the Catholic Answers Forum called "Where does the Bible mention the Greek word Katholikos?"

And I found this answer interesting:

http://forums.catholic.com/showpost.php?p=9262455&postcount=2

Also, the prepositional phrase "throughout all" (kath oles) appears in Luke 4:14; Luke 23:5; Acts 9:31; Acts 9:42; Acts 10:37.

Hi and RCC dictionaries do not count , lonly the Greek and in Acts 9:31 were all Jewish towns which you FAILED to mention , and does not surprise me , SO wrong you are as there are no CHRISTIANOS /CHRISTIANS in the Gospels until mentioned in Acts 11:26 !!

Looks like another scam to me , like there is no Greek word for PURGATORY , or POPE and you can not prove that RC go to heaven , LOOKS like you fell into the PILLER OF FIRE to me !!

dan p

Cruciform

The baptism you are baptised with is different to bible baptism
Try again.

your communion is not the bible breaking of bread
Try again.

the priesthood is different
Try again. And again.

the appointment of bishops and deacons are unbiblical
Try again.

bible repentance and RCC reconciliation is different
Post your proof.

nobody receives the Holy Ghost at confirmation
Try again.

So much for your supposed "proof" that Catholic doctrine is somehow "unbiblical." :yawn: