ECT True or False?: The Spiritual Dead Cannot Contribute to Receiving Spiritual Life

beloved57

I have explained it to you. Have you ever thought of humbling yourself and speaking to God and saying to Him aloud that you want His Truth and not man's truth?

Believed57, when Jesus came to earth, he came only for the Jews WHO ALREADY BELONGED to God by faith.

They were God's and now they had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

The rest of the Jews were cut off and hardened while Jesus walked the earth.

The Jews who already belonged to God now had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

When Jesus is crucified, then ALL and EVERYONE, and WHOMEVER, can come to God through Jesus to get saved

Let's talk about it.

Don't be afraid to face the truth that all these years all your study and preaching your falseness was wrong.

Give it all up for God's Truth.

You still have not answered. I'm going to wait for someone else to answer.

God's Truth

You have not answered the question. I didn't ask for you explain anything because we don't serve the same God or Christ.

When Jesus had his earthly ministry, JEWS WERE CUT OFF to the PLACE of the GENTILE pigs and the SAMARITAN dogs.

Do you understand that?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Again:

According to Jesus here who is it that Hears Gods Words ?

Those who listen to God's word.

Faith comes by hearing.

Hearing by the Word of God.

How shall they hear unless it is preached.

Do you preach, B57?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
One must be of God to hear the word of God. Already answered.

False. The only requirement is that the Word of God must be preached.

Or do you think that God's word is not capable of changing a person's heart?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
J's

A person receives spiritual life by the Spirit quickening. That's the New Birth.

Regeneration does not precede faith.

Faith comes by hearing. Hearing by the Word of God. The Word of God comes by a preacher.

Does the Bible indicate that a person must be regenerated so that he can believe or does the Bible teach that a person must believe in order to be regenerated?

Do we need life in order to believe or do we need to believe in order to have life?

what does the Scripture actually say about the logical order of new life and man’s responsibility in attaining it? Which comes first, new life or faith? Let’s observe:

Ezekiel 18:30-32
“Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!”

The order clearly laid out is as follows:

“Repent, Turn away…Rid yourselves…”
“…get a new heart and a new spirit.”
Verse 32 makes it even more simple:

“Repent and…”
“…live!”
Life comes from repentance, not the other way around.

Acts 11:18
When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, “So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life.”

“Repentance unto…”
“…life”
The Gentiles were not granted life unto repentance, but just the opposite according to the text. And the gospel is the means God grants mankind the ability to believe. He sent the gospel first to the Jews and then the Gentiles which enabled their faith response (Rom. 1:16, 10:14-17).

John 5:40
“yet you refuse to COME TO ME TO HAVE LIFE.”

“Come to me…” (through faith)
“…to have life.”

John 6:53
“I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.”

“Unless you eat…drink” (by faith)
“…you have not life in you.”

John 6:57
“so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.”

“the one who feeds on me…” (by faith)
“…will live”

John 20:31
“But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.”

“these are written…” (scriptures)
“…that you may believe…”
“…by believing you may have life…”
Life clearly is a fruit of faith and repentance, not the other way around.

Acts 15:9
“He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.”

“He purified their hearts…”
“…by faith.”
It does not say He purified their hearts by regeneration so as to make them have faith. Clearly a purified heart is a fruit of faith, not the other way around.

John 1:12-13
“Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

The right to be born of God is given only to those who believe.

“…all who did receive him…who believed…”
“…he gave the right to BECOME children of God…”
You are not even given to right to become a child of God, much less be born again as his child, UNTIL you “receive him” and “believe in his name.” And while placing our trust in Christ is man’s responsibility, the work of regeneration is all of God’s doing. It does not come by way of inheritance, marriage, works or striving (Rom. 9:30-32).

Galatians 3:26
“You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus…”

“You are all sons of God…”
“…through faith in Christ…”
Obviously, becoming a son (born of God) is a fruit of faith, not the other way around.

John 12:36
“Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.”

“Believe in the light…”
“…so that you may become children…”

Ephesians 1:13
“And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit…”

“when you heard the message of truth…when you believed
“you were included in Christ…you were marked in him…”

Galatians 3:2, 5
“I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard?… So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?”

“…received the Spirit…”
“…by believing what you heard…”

2 Corinthians 3:14-16
“But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

“…anyone turns to the Lord…” (by faith)
“…the veil is taken away.”

1 Timothy 1:16
“But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.”

“…those who would believe in him…”
“…may receive eternal life.”

Colossians 2:12
“…having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.”

“…baptism, in which you were also raised…”
“…through your faith…”

James 1:18
“He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.”

“…give us brith…”
“…through the word of truth…”

Scripture is clear: Life comes after faith.

Acts 16:30-31 makes it clear, "Believe... and you will be saved."

Believe so as to have new life. Repent so as to live.

That is the gospel appeal sent for all to hear it and respond.

(https://soteriology101.com/2018/06/27/does-regeneration-precede-faith-2/)