ECT Catholic tradition, not the Bible, teaches a change to Sundaykeeping.

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
Nowhere in the Bible does it teach a change from Sabbath to another day, there is no verse which changes the seventh day Sabbath to the first day of the week. The apostles say nothing of any change because of the resurrection, or from being given by divine light, or from the Holy Spirit inspiring them to set another day other than the Sabbath. Nothing is given, by any of the twelve or Paul that says that the Sabbath was changed to Sunday. You can search every text in the scriptures and yet there is nothing there.

Now if you look into Catholic tradition or mans changes, suddenly it becomes clear. It was not changed by God, there was no words spoken by Christ making a changed, there was nothing written by the apostles or Paul declaring a change, it was done by tradition of someone else.

Here is the evidence:

"It is true that Protestants contradict their "Bible Only" theory by keeping the Sunday instead of Saturday, because nowhere in the Bible can a clear text be found to show that Christ changed the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. From tradition only, which Protestants claim to reject, can Sunday observance be justified. It is not true that the Catholic Church parades the world wide Christian custom as a sign of her power in religious matters, but she refers to it as an instance of Protestant inconsistency. Saturday was the Sabbath day and observed as such even by Christ."

(Source: Our Sunday Visitor, of Huntington Indiana, October 26, 1913, Bureau of Information, page 3.)

"If we would consult the Bible only, without Tradition, we ought, for instance, still to keep holy the Saturday with the Jews, instead of Sunday ..."

Source: Deharbe's Catechism, translated by Rev. John Fander, published by Schwartz, Kirwin & Fauss, 53 Park Place, New York, Sixth American Edition, Copyright 1912, 1919, 1924, page 81.

Why didn't God step in as apostasy crept into the early church, and stop it in its tracks, and keep the Roman Catholic church from leading them into a rejection of the Sabbath, and a change to Sunday worship.

Well God allows freewill, He could have stopped Adam, but then Satan would have been right that force was being used in having man follow God. The church fell into apostasy because they allowed false doctrines and tradition to sneak in, and so the true believers were forced to start again at the Protestant Reformation. But they didn't go all the way to clear out the apostasy that had crept in.

Sunday keeping is not declared or found in the Bible, it is from a tradition of man, in this case the Roman Church and the Papacy, and not of God. Some people may think Sunday is the Sabbath or has been transferred, or they claim for themselves that can choose whatever day or that every day is the day of worship except for the seventh, but nowhere in the scriptures is the Sabbath transferred to another day with God's blessing, and the Pope does not have the power to do so.

As the scripture clearly shows that the seventh day is the Sabbath, the question them becomes, must Christians keep the Sabbath day that God gave at Creation for all mankind? Must Christians keep any of the Commandments, if so then the Sabbath Commandment still applies. The Sabbath was made by the Creator, and sanctified and made holy, scripture tells us and from what Christ says that it was made for man, at Creation for mankind. This does not mean we are restricted or limited in our actions in showing our love for God and our fellowman to one day, but the Sabbath was made for man, as Christ said, which means it is to us a blessing a special gift for man. It is a special time set aside by God Himself from Creation, to meet with Him, and each other, in holy convocation and fellowship, and receive a blessing.

Bradley D

The sabbath day is a day of rest from work. Though I believe that Saturday being the sabbath is a good argument (Ex. 20:8-11). However, the Priests and the Pharisees added too many restrictions. In which Jesus argued against in Mark 2:27.

"Then Jesus declared, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" (Mark 2:27).

"So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths" (Col. 2:16).

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
A lot of people rest from their work on both Saturdays and on Sundays so . . . .

Bradley D

But then there are people we need to work on Saturday/Sunday. Police, firefighters, nurses, doctors, etc.

God's Truth

Nowhere in the Bible does it teach a change from Sabbath to another day, there is no verse which changes the seventh day Sabbath to the first day of the week. The apostles say nothing of any change because of the resurrection, or from being given by divine light, or from the Holy Spirit inspiring them to set another day other than the Sabbath. Nothing is given, by any of the twelve or Paul that says that the Sabbath was changed to Sunday. You can search every text in the scriptures and yet there is nothing there.

Now if you look into Catholic tradition or mans changes, suddenly it becomes clear. It was not changed by God, there was no words spoken by Christ making a changed, there was nothing written by the apostles or Paul declaring a change, it was done by tradition of someone else.

Here is the evidence:

"It is true that Protestants contradict their "Bible Only" theory by keeping the Sunday instead of Saturday, because nowhere in the Bible can a clear text be found to show that Christ changed the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. From tradition only, which Protestants claim to reject, can Sunday observance be justified. It is not true that the Catholic Church parades the world wide Christian custom as a sign of her power in religious matters, but she refers to it as an instance of Protestant inconsistency. Saturday was the Sabbath day and observed as such even by Christ."

(Source: Our Sunday Visitor, of Huntington Indiana, October 26, 1913, Bureau of Information, page 3.)

"If we would consult the Bible only, without Tradition, we ought, for instance, still to keep holy the Saturday with the Jews, instead of Sunday ..."

Source: Deharbe's Catechism, translated by Rev. John Fander, published by Schwartz, Kirwin & Fauss, 53 Park Place, New York, Sixth American Edition, Copyright 1912, 1919, 1924, page 81.

Why didn't God step in as apostasy crept into the early church, and stop it in its tracks, and keep the Roman Catholic church from leading them into a rejection of the Sabbath, and a change to Sunday worship.

Well God allows freewill, He could have stopped Adam, but then Satan would have been right that force was being used in having man follow God. The church fell into apostasy because they allowed false doctrines and tradition to sneak in, and so the true believers were forced to start again at the Protestant Reformation. But they didn't go all the way to clear out the apostasy that had crept in.

Sunday keeping is not declared or found in the Bible, it is from a tradition of man, in this case the Roman Church and the Papacy, and not of God. Some people may think Sunday is the Sabbath or has been transferred, or they claim for themselves that can choose whatever day or that every day is the day of worship except for the seventh, but nowhere in the scriptures is the Sabbath transferred to another day with God's blessing, and the Pope does not have the power to do so.

As the scripture clearly shows that the seventh day is the Sabbath, the question them becomes, must Christians keep the Sabbath day that God gave at Creation for all mankind? Must Christians keep any of the Commandments, if so then the Sabbath Commandment still applies. The Sabbath was made by the Creator, and sanctified and made holy, scripture tells us and from what Christ says that it was made for man, at Creation for mankind. This does not mean we are restricted or limited in our actions in showing our love for God and our fellowman to one day, but the Sabbath was made for man, as Christ said, which means it is to us a blessing a special gift for man. It is a special time set aside by God Himself from Creation, to meet with Him, and each other, in holy convocation and fellowship, and receive a blessing.

JESUS IS THE SABBATH REST.

No day matters anymore.

Special days MEAN NOTHING.

Right Divider

Body part
The sabbath day is a day of rest from work. Though I believe that Saturday being the sabbath is a good argument (Ex. 20:8-11). However, the Priests and the Pharisees added too many restrictions. In which Jesus argued against in Mark 2:27.

"Then Jesus declared, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" (Mark 2:27).

"So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths" (Col. 2:16).

Right division explains this far better.

In the body of Christ there are no required holy days. For Israel there were many.

robycop3

I see Hobie is posting his Seven-Day-Adlibber nonsense here, too.

We are NOT subject to the teachings in Ellen G. White's garbage.

Colossians 2:16 shows us that God does NOT require gentiles to observe the sabbath, or any other "holy day" the sabbath was given ONLY TO ISRAEL.

Hobie, you were shot down on the "Baptist Board", & I figure you'll be shot down here, too. But let's let one of God's men, Paul, do the shooting:

Col.2:16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding afestival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

God's Truth

I see Hobie is posting his Seven-Day-Adlibber nonsense here, too.

We are NOT subject to the teachings in Ellen G. White's garbage.

Colossians 2:16 shows us that God does NOT require gentiles to observe the sabbath, or any other "holy day" the sabbath was given ONLY TO ISRAEL.

Hobie, you were shot down on the "Baptist Board", & I figure you'll be shot down here, too. But let's let one of God's men, Paul, do the shooting:

Col.2:16So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding afestival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

God doesn't require the Jews to either.

By the way, the Baptist Board is easy to take down.

keypurr

Is he not returning for those who keep the Commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ?

Who is MAN to question that? Fools, listen to Hobie.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Is he not returning for those who keep the Commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ?

Who is MAN to question that? Fools, listen to Hobie.

James 4:12
There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

Romans 14:4
Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Romans 14:5; Colossians 2:16
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. Therefore let no one judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a festival, a New Moon, or a Sabbath.

Selah.

keypurr

Romans 14:4
Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

James 4:12
There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. Therefore let no one judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a festival, a New Moon, or a Sabbath.

Selah.

Who on this forum is not judging the others, include yourself. You put God's Laws aside to follow the traditions of men. Who are you to question the CREATOR?

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Who do you follow?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Who on this forum is not judging the others, include yourself. You put God's Laws aside to follow the traditions of men.

It's so simple a child could understand it, and yet you cannot understand it because of your religious brainwashing.

keypurr

It's so simple a child could understand it, and yet you cannot understand it because of your religious brainwashing.

It's you soul UN, save it if you can. Christ kept the Sabbath and taught folks to keep it. I discarded my Church junk many years ago. Tradition does not teach truth. You can thank the RCC for that, along with the Greek translations.

keypurr

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

My bedtime,stay safe.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
It's you soul UN, save it if you can. Christ kept the Sabbath and taught folks to keep it.

Romans 14:5, 6
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

God's Truth

It's you soul UN, save it if you can. Christ kept the Sabbath and taught folks to keep it. I discarded my Church junk many years ago. Tradition does not teach truth. You can thank the RCC for that, along with the Greek translations.

Jesus IS the Sabbath Rest.

The observance of special days LIKE THE SABBATH, was only a SHADOW of Jesus.

Jesus came and we no longer observe shadows, we observe Jesus all day every day.

A NO WORK rule was in place for the Sabbath day. Faith and NO WORKS save us; Jesus says it is UNLAWFUL to do evil on the NO WORK day of the Sabbath, and Jesus said it was LAWFUL to do good on the NO WORK day of the Sabbath, see Luke 6:9.

keypurr

Jesus IS the Sabbath Rest.

The observance of special days LIKE THE SABBATH, was only a SHADOW of Jesus.

Jesus came and we no longer observe shadows, we observe Jesus all day every day.

A NO WORK rule was in place for the Sabbath day. Faith and NO WORKS save us; Jesus says it is UNLAWFUL to do evil on the NO WORK day of the Sabbath, and Jesus said it was LAWFUL to do good on the NO WORK day of the Sabbath, see Luke 6:9.

Follow your RCC teachings if you must. Its your future, not mine.

keypurr

Romans 14:5, 6
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

I love God enough to do his will to please him. No other reason. For me to live is Christ and he kept the Sabbath. Small sacrifice on my part.