Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nice try, but where is your scripture?

John 1:14? The word became flesh is what it says, not God became flesh

If A = B and B = C, then A = C.
ALSO
If A = C, then C = A.

if God is the Word (and John 1:1 says He is), and the Word is Jesus (the One who became flesh and tabernacled among us), then Jesus is God.

John 1:1
εν αρχη ην ο λογος και ο λογος ην προς τον θεον και θεος ην ο λογος
John 1:2
ουτος ην εν αρχη προς τον θεον
John 1:3
παντα δι αυτου εγενετο και χωρις αυτου εγενετο ουδε εν ο γεγονεν
John 1:4
εν αυτω ζωη ην και η ζωη ην το φως των ανθρωπων
. . .
John 1:14
και ο λογος σαρξ εγενετο και εσκηνωσεν εν ημιν και εθεασαμεθα την δοξαν αυτου δοξαν ως μονογενους παρα πατρος πληρης χαριτος και αληθειας

There's your scripture.

Accept it. Stop denying it.

Stop trying to interpret it through the lens of your doctrine.

God was the Word.
The Word became flesh and tabernacled among us.
He was the Son of God, the Second Person of the Triune Godhead.

Stop rejecting logic and reason.

oatmeal

ALSO
If A = C, then C = A.

if God is the Word (and John 1:1 says He is), and the Word is Jesus (the One who became flesh and tabernacled among us), then Jesus is God.

John 1:1
εν αρχη ην ο λογος και ο λογος ην προς τον θεον και θεος ην ο λογος
John 1:2
ουτος ην εν αρχη προς τον θεον
John 1:3
παντα δι αυτου εγενετο και χωρις αυτου εγενετο ουδε εν ο γεγονεν
John 1:4
εν αυτω ζωη ην και η ζωη ην το φως των ανθρωπων
. . .
John 1:14
και ο λογος σαρξ εγενετο και εσκηνωσεν εν ημιν και εθεασαμεθα την δοξαν αυτου δοξαν ως μονογενους παρα πατρος πληρης χαριτος και αληθειας

There's your scripture.

Accept it. Stop denying it.

Stop trying to interpret it through the lens of your doctrine.

God was the Word.
The Word became flesh and tabernacled among us.
He was the Son of God, the Second Person of the Triune Godhead.

Stop rejecting logic and reason.

Math applies when we are talking about numbers.

Logic applies when we are talking about ideas and concepts.

The relationship of God as the logos and the son of God as the logos and scripture as the logos is not a mathematical equation.

However, since you want to bring math into it, Father + son + Holy Spirit = 3 not 1.

In the case of counting up how many Gods or gods you have simple math tells us you have three gods not one.

We really have little knowledge of God without His written logos. We do not know of the son of God without the written logos.

If you wish to equate the written logos with the son and with his Father, then scripture is also God.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
The relationship of God as the logos and the son of God as the logos and scripture as the logos is not a mathematical equation.

However, since you want to bring math into it, Father + son + Holy Spirit = 3 not 1.

In the case of counting up how many Gods or gods you have simple math tells us you have three gods not one.

You are wrong.

Borrowing this from another poster:

One being need not equate to one person. A cat or a dog is one being and NO persons. A bird or a fish is one being and NO persons. A human is one being and ONE person. God is one being and THREE persons.

"Being" refers to what we are. "Person" refers to who we are. God, the Bible states, is Father, Son, Holy Spirit. WHO he is is three persons. WHAT he is is one God.

Jesus tells his apostles to baptize "in the name [notice, singular, not plural] of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matt. 28:19). This is a proof-text: three distinct Persons united in the one divine name. In 2 Corinthians 13:14, Paul writes, "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." We see this same unity of divine Persons in 1 Corinthians 12:4–11, Ephesians 4:4–6, and 1 Peter 1:2–3.

The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is God (cf. John 8:58, 10:38, 14:10; Col. 2:9). It also clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God (cf. Acts 5:3–4, 28:25–28; 1 Cor. 2:10–13). Everyone agrees the Father is God. Yet there is only one God (Mark 12:29, 1 Cor. 8:4–6, Jas. 2:19). How can we hold all four truths except to say all three are One God?

And yes, Jesus DID say he was God. In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I Am" (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

Also significant are passages that apply the title "the First and the Last" to Jesus. This is one of the Old Testament titles of Yahweh: "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of armies: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god’" (Is. 44:6; cf. 41:4, 48:12).

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Math applies when we are talking about numbers.

The transitive law applies both to math AND logic.

Logic applies when we are talking about ideas and concepts.

Yes, and the transitive law still applies.

The term "logos" can refer to multiple different things.

Don't commit the fallacy of equivocation just to make your point.

John clearly says that God was the Word.

God is not scripture. He wrote it, therefore it is not Him.

So that excludes scripture from being a consideration when speaking of John 1:1 and 14.

John THEN goes on to define the Word, verses 2-4, which means that it was a being that existed with God for eternity.

God created everything, therefore anything that existed with Him was Him.

ERGO

The Word is God.

Jesus is the Word of God.

ERGO Jesus is God.

No, you've got that wrong.

The Father is a Person.
The Son is a Person.
The Holy Spirit is a Person.

The ONE Triune God is made up of THREE Persons.

See? No contradiction.

No, again, it tells us that the ONE God is made of THREE Persons, not that we have three Gods.

I and other trinitarians are not polytheists, we are MONO-Theists (mono means ONE, Theist means GOD, ERGO one God).

You should stop using that non-sequitur.

We really have little knowledge of God without His written logos. We do not know of the son of God without the written logos.

See above RE logos.

If you wish to equate the written logos with the son and with his Father, then scripture is also God.

No, that would be you equivocating the LOGOS of John 1:1 with the logos which is Scripture.

See above RE logos.

oatmeal

You are wrong.

Borrowing this from another poster:

One being need not equate to one person. A cat or a dog is one being and NO persons. A bird or a fish is one being and NO persons. A human is one being and ONE person. God is one being and THREE persons.

"Being" refers to what we are. "Person" refers to who we are. God, the Bible states, is Father, Son, Holy Spirit. WHO he is is three persons. WHAT he is is one God.

Jesus tells his apostles to baptize "in the name [notice, singular, not plural] of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matt. 28:19). This is a proof-text: three distinct Persons united in the one divine name. In 2 Corinthians 13:14, Paul writes, "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." We see this same unity of divine Persons in 1 Corinthians 12:4–11, Ephesians 4:4–6, and 1 Peter 1:2–3.

The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is God (cf. John 8:58, 10:38, 14:10; Col. 2:9). It also clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God (cf. Acts 5:3–4, 28:25–28; 1 Cor. 2:10–13). Everyone agrees the Father is God. Yet there is only one God (Mark 12:29, 1 Cor. 8:4–6, Jas. 2:19). How can we hold all four truths except to say all three are One God?

And yes, Jesus DID say he was God. In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I Am" (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

Also significant are passages that apply the title "the First and the Last" to Jesus. This is one of the Old Testament titles of Yahweh: "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of armies: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god’" (Is. 44:6; cf. 41:4, 48:12).

Scripture is God's word, not man's word. God's logos, based on God's complete knowledge, wisdom and understanding. God, being perfect, His Word, His logos, is likewise perfect.

I, for one, believe that God tells us everything that pertains to life and godliness in scripture. I Peter 1:3-4

Therefore, everything we need to know about living a godly life is found in scripture precisely and perfectly communicated.

That includes answers to questions like

Who is God? Who is not God?

Who is the son of God? Are there differences between God and His son?

If you actually rely on scripture for answers,

Can you show me a scripture that refers to God as a "being"?

Can you show me a scripture that refers to "God is one being and THREE persons." or God being three persons?

For the most part, the word person(s) in the KJV refers to people

Below are several examples:

Deuteronomy 10:17
For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

2 Chronicles 19:7
Wherefore now let the fear of the Lord be upon you; take heed and do it: for there is no iniquity with the Lord our God, nor respect of persons, nor taking of gifts.

Luke 15:7
I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Below we have a reference to Chist being a person, but since Christ is referred to as the man in I Timothy 2:5, again person refers to a human.

2 Corinthians 2:10
To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;

Below we have a reference to God as a person, however, it is singular, ie, one person, not three. thus your conclusions are clearly guess work at best.

Hebrews 1:3
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Matthew 28:19 has been shown to be a forgery in other posts, I believe Cherubim supplied some info on that.

As for your list of other verses, when you take them in the context of scripture, they actually show that Jesus in not God, but the son of God.

You stated:

"And yes, Jesus DID say he was God. In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I Am" (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59)."

I find that an amusing guess at the meaning of "Before Abraham was, I am"

Can you find any other quote of Jesus Christ that defies grammar like your interpretation of that phrase?

When Jesus uses the words, "I am" in other passages, he states what "I am" is.

He affirms that he is the son of God

Luke 22:70
Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am.

Jesus tells us that he is the bread of life

John 6:35
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 6:48
I am that bread of life.

Jesus affirms that he is the light of the world.

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 9:5
As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

and

John 10:7
Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

John 10:11
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Jesus calls himself, not God, but the son of God

John 10:36
Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

So, why the grammatical inconsistency in John 8:58

If he was actually declaring himself to be what you call "I am" he would have said, "Before Abraham was, I am I am" which he did not do.

for that matter, what does "Before Abraham was" and "I am " or "I am I am" have to do with each other, why not just skip over Abraham and say "I am I am"?

The foolishness of the claim that Jesus is claiming to be God is evident for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear

oatmeal

Yes, and the transitive law still applies.

John clearly says that God was the Word.

So that excludes scripture from being a consideration when speaking of John 1:1 and 14.

John THEN goes on to define the Word, verses 2-4, which means that it was a being that existed with God for eternity.

God created everything, therefore anything that existed with Him was Him.

ERGO

The Word is God.

Jesus is the Word of God.

ERGO Jesus is God.

No, you've got that wrong.

The Father is a Person.
The Son is a Person.
The Holy Spirit is a Person.

The ONE Triune God is made up of THREE Persons.

See? No contradiction.

No, again, it tells us that the ONE God is made of THREE Persons, not that we have three Gods.

I and other trinitarians are not polytheists, we are MONO-Theists (mono means ONE, Theist means GOD, ERGO one God).

You should stop using that non-sequitur.

See above RE logos.

No, that would be you equivocating the LOGOS of John 1:1 with the logos which is Scripture.

See above RE logos.

Yes, but only if those things are literally and exactly equal.

If they are not, then they are not equal.

However, I am more interested in identical, not just equal. But one step at a time.

Does an animal equal an animal? Generally, yes, but a cow does not equal a cat. They are both animals so they are equal in that sense, but a cat does equal a cow, And most certainly a cat is not identical to a cow. For that matter, two cats are not identical, for they are two distinct cats.

Thus you must be mathematically precise in your comparisons if you want to be accurate.

Any difference, even the smallest dissimilarity disrupts the equation at a minimum, and totally obliterates any sense of identity or identicalness.

Since Jesus is clearly different from God in several ways, they are not equal. In fact, Jesus made it clear that the Father is greater than him,

John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

That verse alone is enough to prove dissimilarity, thus inequality.

God cannot be tempted

James 1:13
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Unlike God, Jesus was tempted in all ways

Hebrews 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

That difference alone is enough to annul any attempt to equalize God and Jesus Christ.

There are more dissimilarities, however, if these two are not enough for you, a hundred more will not do the job.

Correct!

it refers to God Himself, to His son, Jesus Christ, to scripture and to messages in general.

John clearly says that God was the Word

True, but as you stated, logos has several different meanings.

Including in John.

If Jesus is God then John 1:1-2 has some problems.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

It is also clear that Jesus is the logos in the flesh. Which you claim makes him God.

If that is the case then you shouldn't object to substituting "Jesus" for where ever "God" or "Word" appears.

Why would you have a problem with the following equalities?

In the beginning was the Jesus, and the Jesus was with Jesus, and the Jesus was Jesus

2 The same was in the beginning with Jesus.

Why would you object to those direct substitutions?

After all, you say that Jesus is God and Jesus is the Word.

It is you that claim that they are equal therefore to substitute one for the other is not a problem, after all, that was your point.

ALSO
If A = C, then C = A.

The scripture is theopneustos, God breathed, I Timothy 3:16

God did not write it, God authored it. Holy men of God wrote it down II Peter 1:21

The words of God is as much God as your words are you.

Scripture is words out from the heart of God.

Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Would you suggest that God's heart is not communicated to us via scripture?

If you want to know God well, you have to know His words. Scripture is God telling us about himself and about His son.

It is not the ink on the paper that is God, it is His heart in the words of the word of God that I refer to.

Thus scripture is not excluded from the meaning of John 1:1-2 but in fact is one of three necessary elements of the passage.

That is enough for you right now.

That is plenty for you to digest and mull over

God's Truth

Please rephrase your question. Are you referring to John 16

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

oatmeal

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Scripture is true. It is the logos in writing.

Jesus Christ has certainly revealed himself to me through the logos in writing as the all truth Jesus spoke of in John 16.

The spirit takes of Jesus Christ and shewed it by the revelation of the church Epistles

God's Truth

Scripture is true. It is the logos in writing.

Jesus Christ has certainly revealed himself to me through the logos in writing as the all truth Jesus spoke of in John 16.

The spirit takes of Jesus Christ and shewed it by the revelation of the church Epistles

So are you acknowledging that some things about Jesus will be revealed later, to those who obey him?

Some things are in the scriptures but you most look closer and consider more carefully.

You don't know that the Lord is the Spirit?

If it is God's Spirit, and Jesus is the Spirit, then Jesus is God.

oatmeal

So are you acknowledging that some things about Jesus will be revealed later, to those who obey him?

Some things are in the scriptures but you most look closer and consider more carefully.

Please explain the following verses:

Acts 2:22
Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Did Peter say JC is God or a man approved of God? Who approved of Jesus of Naz? was he self approved? or did God approve of this man? did Peter say that Jesus did the miracles or that God did the miracles by Jesus Christ?

Acts 2:34
For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Who are the two Lords that are being referred to?

who is "the Lord" and who is "my Lord"

There are two because one said to the other.

Yes, those who do not know scripture well enough to know everthing there is to know about Jesus Christ that is written about him will have to continue to look to scripture to learn what we can know about him. Once we are gathered together with him in the air and so be ever present with him and have seen him face to face, we will certainly know even more

Which Lord as I point out above is "the Spirit"?

Which Lord is that spirit?

Who are the two Lords?

Christ Jesus is a man, not only "a man" but "the man", one who is clearly and distinctly not God.

I Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Who made Jesus to be both lord and Christ?

Acts 2:36
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum

Scripture is God's word, not man's word. God's logos, based on God's complete knowledge, wisdom and understanding. God, being perfect, His Word, His logos, is likewise perfect.

I, for one, believe that God tells us everything that pertains to life and godliness in scripture. I Peter 1:3-4

Therefore, everything we need to know about living a godly life is found in scripture precisely and perfectly communicated.

That includes answers to questions like

Who is God? Who is not God?

Who is the son of God? Are there differences between God and His son?

If you actually rely on scripture for answers,

Can you show me a scripture that refers to God as a "being"?

Unbelievable. Do you doubt that God is a "being"? Does the Bible have to state the obvious for you to believe it? The Bible never says that Jesus went to the bathroom. Does that mean he never did?

God is Trinity. All Christians believe that. That is fundamental Christian doctrine. Whoever filled your head with the nonsense that he is not did you a real disservice.

oatmeal

Unbelievable. Do you doubt that God is a "being"? Does the Bible have to state the obvious for you to believe it? The Bible never says that Jesus went to the bathroom. Does that mean he never did?

God is Trinity. All Christians believe that. That is fundamental Christian doctrine. Whoever filled your head with the nonsense that he is not did you a real disservice.

I don't know about you, but I prefer God's actual words over man's stupid attempts to trump God and the words He chooses to use.

Since God does not define himself as a being, who am I to think of myself to be wiser than God?

I find God's explanations to be adequate.

If God wanted us to explain God by referring to an egg shell, yolk and white or as ice, water and vapor, I am sure God would have done so in His word.

I trust that God is fully capable of explaining himself without man's or women's help

I believe that an all knowing and all wise God has sufficient vocabulary to speak for himself

God's Truth

Please explain the following verses:

Did Peter say JC is God or a man approved of God? Who approved of Jesus of Naz? was he self approved? or did God approve of this man? did Peter say that Jesus did the miracles or that God did the miracles by Jesus Christ?
God lowered Himself and came as a man. As a man he must be approved by God the Father.

Acts 2:34
For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Who are the two Lords that are being referred to?

who is "the Lord" and who is "my Lord"

There are two because one said to the other.

The Father and Jesus..

Yes, those who do not know scripture well enough to know everthing there is to know about Jesus Christ that is written about him will have to continue to look to scripture to learn what we can know about him. Once we are gathered together with him in the air and so be ever present with him and have seen him face to face, we will certainly know even more
Jesus says he will make his home with those who obey his teachings and he will reveal himself to them.

Tell me, how is it you don’t see it that Jesus is God when we are only given one Spirit when we are saved yet we have the Father and Jesus living in us?

Which Lord as I point out above is "the Spirit"?

Which Lord is that spirit?
Jesus.

Christ Jesus is a man, not only "a man" but "the man", one who is clearly and distinctly not God.

I Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Jesus came from heaven. He isn’t a mere man.

oatmeal

Yes, the Bible is remarkable in that it does state the obvious. That is why it is obvious, the Bible states it.

Is it obvious that Jesus is the son of God? yes, because scripture states that.

Is it obvious that Jesus is "God the Son" No, the Bible never states that.

What is obvious is that since scripture refers to Jesus as the son of God but not as "God the Son" that son of God is right doctrine but "God the Son" is error at bast, it is in fact false doctrine because it contradicts "son of God"

oatmeal

God lowered Himself and came as a man. As a man he must be approved by God the Father.

The Father and Jesus..

Jesus says he will make his home with those who obey his teachings and he will reveal himself to them.

Tell me, how is it you don’t see it that Jesus is God when we are only given one Spirit when we are saved yet we have the Father and Jesus living in us?

Jesus.

I am sorry, maybe I should have been more clear.

I assumed you would give an answer from scripture. after all, this is a discussion about scripture, not my opinions or yours.

Do you have verses to demonstrate all your claims?

God, according to you is composed of three persons, therefore according to your statement, ie, God lowered himself, you must mean that God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, all three lowered themselves to become a man.

Since all three are now men, not God, what God was left to approve the man?

Clearly no God was left to approve the man for all became one man.. Now is that one man in three persons? Which one was in charge? Who was the boss?

I will tell you who was the boss.

John 5:19,30

19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

The Father is the boss. in your statement, he is the boss man since God, all three lowered themselves to become a man.

The Father and Jesus..

Yes, that is what is clear from scripture. However, as we have seen, the son always did the Father's will, the Father is charge, The son, though lord, submitted himself to the greater and served the Father, not himself.

Scripture does not teach that Jesus is God, scripture teaches us that Jesus is the son of God.

It is that simple. God is God, men are men, Christ Jesus is the man. I Timothy 2:5

Jesus who is a man, taught in John 4:24, taught that God is a spirit.

Jesus is a man, approved by God who is spirit.

The Lord God, not the lord Jesus Christ is spirit. Jesus as the result of the resurrection, is still a man, but a man with a superior spirit based body. He is still a man as I Timothy 2:5 makes clear.

If find it incredulous that you would refer to Jesus as not a mere man. Of course Jesus was not a mere man, he was an outstanding man, a man who believed and obeyed God perfectly and completely. What an example for us as men to follow

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
I assumed you would give an answer from scripture

You have been given lots of answers from scripture but you are willfully blinding yourself to them.

DIVINITY OF CHRIST:

Christ’s divinity is shown over and over again in the New Testament. For example, in John 5:18 we are told that Jesus’ opponents sought to kill him because he "called God his Father, making himself equal with God."

In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I Am" (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

In John 20:28, Thomas falls at Jesus’ feet, exclaiming, "My Lord and my God!" (Greek: Ho Kurios mou kai ho Theos mou—literally, "The Lord of me and the God of me!")

In Philippians 2:6, Paul tells us that Christ Jesus "[w]ho, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped" (New International Version). So Jesus chose to be born in humble, human form though he could have simply remained in equal glory with the Father for he was "in very nature God."

This title is directly applied to Jesus three times in the book of Revelation: "When I saw him [Christ], I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, ‘Fear not, I am the First and the Last’" (Rev. 1:17). "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life’" (Rev. 2:8). "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the beginning and the end" (Rev. 22:12–13).

This last quote is especially significant since it applies to Jesus the parallel title "the Alpha and the Omega," which Revelation earlier applied to the Lord God: "‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty" (Rev. 1:8).

THE TRINITY:

God's Truth

I am sorry, maybe I should have been more clear.

I assumed you would give an answer from scripture. after all, this is a discussion about scripture, not my opinions or yours.
I assumed you would recognize the scriptures I was talking about.
Do you have verses to demonstrate all your claims?

"…who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped" (Philippians 2:6).

Philippians 2:7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

Philippians 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death-- even death on a cross!

Jesus is the Word of God, and the Word was God and made His dwelling with us.

See John 1:1 and John 1:14.

God, according to you is composed of three persons, therefore according to your statement, ie, God lowered himself, you must mean that God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, all three lowered themselves to become a man.
There is only one God and He is the Father. When God came as a man, He still also remained an invisible Spirit, but coming with a body He is called a Son. That is what we humans call a person coming from them in the flesh we say ‘son’ or ‘daughter’.

See
1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Since all three are now men, not God, what God was left to approve the man?

God the Father came as a Son.

Clearly no God was left to approve the man for all became one man.. Now is that one man in three persons? Which one was in charge? Who was the boss?

I will tell you who was the boss.

John 5:19,30

19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

The Father is the boss. in your statement, he is the boss man since God, all three lowered themselves to become a man.

You are changing it to say something I did n't say.
There is only one God, and He is the Father. The Father came as a man, while also remaining in heaven.

The Father and Jesus..
Yes, that is what is clear from scripture. However, as we have seen, the son always did the Father's will, the Father is charge, The son, though lord, submitted himself to the greater and served the Father, not himself.

Scripture does not teach that Jesus is God, scripture teaches us that Jesus is the son of God.
You didn’t answer the question. You tried hard to avoid it.

Now tell me, how is it you are only given one Spirit but have the Father and Jesus living in you?

It is that simple. God is God, men are men, Christ Jesus is the man. I Timothy 2:5

Jesus.
Jesus who is a man, taught in John 4:24, taught that God is a spirit.
Jesus also says that his words are Spirit, and the scripture says he is the Lord and that the Lord is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Jesus is a man, approved by God who is spirit.

The Lord God, not the lord Jesus Christ is spirit.

You are denying those two scriptures are about Jesus.

I have more scriptures that say Jesus is Spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:45 So it is written: The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit.

Jesus as the result of the resurrection, is still a man, but a man with a superior spirit based body. He is still a man as I Timothy 2:5 makes clear.

All men have a their own spirit within them; and Jesus’ spirit within him is God’s Spirit come as a man.

If find it incredulous that you would refer to Jesus as not a mere man. Of course Jesus was not a mere man, he was an outstanding man, a man who believed and obeyed God perfectly and completely. What an example for us as men to follow
No man no matter how outstanding comes from heaven, except God who came as a man.

oatmeal

"…who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped" (Philippians 2:6).

Philippians 2:7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

Philippians 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death-- even death on a cross!

There is only one God and He is the Father. When God came as a man, He still also remained an invisible Spirit, but coming with a body He is called a Son. That is what we humans call a person coming from them in the flesh we say ‘son’ or ‘daughter’.

See
1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

There is only one God, and He is the Father. The Father came as a man, while also remaining in heaven.

Now tell me, how is it you are only given one Spirit but have the Father and Jesus living in you?

Jesus also says that his words are Spirit, and the scripture says he is the Lord and that the Lord is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

You are denying those two scriptures are about Jesus.

I have more scriptures that say Jesus is Spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:45 So it is written: The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit.

All men have a their own spirit within them; and Jesus’ spirit within him is God’s Spirit come as a man.

No man no matter how outstanding comes from heaven, except God who came as a man.

Sometimes I do, sometimes i don't.

Although I have read all scriptures several times, I do not remember them all. Even so, people's interpretations are not always the result of what scripture says but private interpretation.. However, I have learn to not interpret scripture, I am not the author of scripture, so I do not have any right whatsoever to interpret it.

Philippians 2:5-9

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Jesus, the son of God, was in the form of God, as the passage clearly states, however, it does not say that Jesus Is God.

There is a vast difference between the two concepts.

You might go to a halloween party in the form of Batman, but that does not make you Batman!

Jesus is God's word in the flesh. He is not God himself.

Jesus communicated God's word perfectly because he did God's word and will perfectly.

Being equal with God does not make anyone God either.

You are equal to God in some respects, yet I doubt you would claim to be God.

How? You ask?

Romans 6:23 God is eternal and if you have received the gift of eternal life, so are you.

II Corinthians 5:21 God is righteous and you have the righteousness of God.

Those are two ways you are equal to God. Does that make you God Himself?

No, not at all.

See

There is only one true God and yes, that is the Father. also known by many other names and attributes and titles such as shepherd, Lord, the Holy Spirit, but not as Jesus Christ.

Yes God is invisible, therefore we can rule out any human including Jesus Christ from being God.for humans are not invisible.

He is the God and Father of all, including His son Jesus Christ and us His sons. I John 3:2

God is everywhere present so he does not have to go anywhere to be present, He is already here.

Not everything I write is understood my all either.

Most certainly the only God worthy of our service is the Father.

As it is written, "Him only shall you serve"

That service takes many forms, including serving His son and our fellow believers.

Sorry, I lost track of which question I did not answer.

I do not answer every phrase or statement in every post.

Simple, the gift of holy spirit is described by other terms such as the gift of eternal life/righteousness/grace/salvation....

We have God in Christ in us because of the gift from the Holy Spirit who is God our Father

Last edited: