ECT Peter's Supremacy

WeberHome

If we allow that Peter is the rock upon which the Roman Catholic Church is built, and also allow that within the Roman Catholic Church's hierarchy the apostle Peter is supreme in matters related to faith and practice; then we must also allow that Catholics will be thoroughly judged for their every failure to know, and to comply, with everything that Peter taught in his two epistles.

Failure to comply with Peter's instructions is all the same as failure to comply with Christ's. It's a domino effect all the way to the top.

Luke 10:16 . .Whoever listens to you; listens to me. Whoever rejects you; rejects me. And whoever rejects me; rejects the one who sent me.
_

Last edited:

WeberHome

This is the "rock."

"Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God” (Matthew 16:6).

It matters little whether or not the apostle Peter is actually the rock that Jesus spoke of at Matt 16:18. That debate is a red herring and a waste of perfectly good forum bytes.

What matters most to Catholics is whether they themselves sincerely believe Peter is that rock because then they are obligated to submit to his authority and comply with everything that Peter taught in his two epistles.

It's a terrible tragedy indeed for those Catholics who all their lives defended Peter's supremacy only to end up in Hell because they not only didn't listen to him; but they didn't even bother to familiarize themselves with his instructions.

Matt 16:19 . . I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
_

Last edited:

DAN P

It matters little whether or not the apostle Peter is actually the rock that Jesus spoke of at Matt 16:18. That debate is a red herring and a waste of perfectly good forum bytes.

What matters most to Catholics is whether they themselves sincerely believe Peter is that rock because then they are obligated to submit to his authority and comply with everything that Peter taught in his two epistles.

It's a terrible tragedy indeed for those Catholics who all their lifetimes defended Peter's supremacy only to end up in hell because they neglected to listen to him.

Matt 16:19 . . I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
_

Hi and since you do not kown what Matt 16:18 means , the Greek words I WILL BUILD is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE and does not mean that Peter can use thoses KEYS /KLESI which means the OPEN or SHUT !!

So when can Peter use these KEYS to open or to shut ??

verse 19 tells when Peter will be able to USE THESE KEYS and that is in the KINGDOM of HEAVEN !!

When have you seen the 12 apostles sit on their 12 THRONES , //

Not until Israel is in that KINGDOM ??

By the way , Peter is not THE APOSTLE to the GENTILES !!

The APOSTLE Paul is the BODY OF CHRIST APOSTLE , 1 Cor 11:1 and many more verse to back that UP !!

dan p

Bradley D

It's a terrible tragedy indeed for those Catholics who all their lifetimes defended Peter's supremacy only to end up in hell because they neglected to listen to him.

_

The Catholics believe Peter to have been the first Pope.

St. Peter
In 1073, however, Pope Gregory VII restricted its use to the bishop of Rome, confirming a practice that had existed since the 9th century. According to the Annuario Pontificio, the papal annual, there have been more than 260 popes since St. Peter, traditionally considered the first pope. [h=3]Papacy | Roman Catholicism | Britannica.com[/h]
https://www.britannica.com › topic › papacy

God's Truth

_

Peter wasn't the only one who could bind and loose.

Matthew 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. 18Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Jesus Appears to His Disciples

John 20:19 On the evening of that first day of the week,when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 20 After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.

21Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

God's Truth

It matters whether or not Peter is the rock.