ECT Our triune God

Lon

Honor the Son exactly as you honor the Father, or you don't honor either

Honor the Son exactly as you honor the Father, or you don't honor either

I found this important for those who need it spelled out for them plainly:

John 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. 
John 5:23 that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him. 
The equated oneness is so clear that it leads readily to Thomas' proclamation in John 20:28

Lon

His Name shall be Called Emmanuel "God with us"

His Name shall be Called Emmanuel "God with us"

His name, the Son of God, is interpreted BY SCRIPTURE as GOD WITH US.

Matt 1:23 (KJV)
(1:23) Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Isa 7:14 (KJV)
(7:14) Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Here is another of the MANY proofs that the LORD Jesus Christ is BOTH LORD and GOD.

Matt 3:3 (KJV)
(3:3) For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Isa 40:3 (KJV)
(40:3) The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Lon

Jesus is YHWH

Jesus is YHWH

Philippians 2:9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
Philippians 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Philippians 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Acts 4:12
And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." 

Lon

1 Corinthians 10:1-4 commentary of Ex 33:7-11 Jesus is YHWH

1 Corinthians 10:1-4 commentary of Ex 33:7-11 Jesus is YHWH

Exodus 33:7-11

Moses Meets with the Lord

7 Moses took his tent and pitched it outside the camp, far from the camp, and called it the tabernacle of meeting. And it came to pass that everyone who sought the Lord went out to the tabernacle of meeting which was outside the camp. 8 So it was, whenever Moses went out to the tabernacle, that all the people rose, and each man stood at his tent door and watched Moses until he had gone into the tabernacle. 9 And it came to pass, when Moses entered the tabernacle, that the pillar of cloud descended and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the Lord talked with Moses. 10 All the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the tabernacle door, and all the people rose and worshiped, each man in his tent door. 11 So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle.

1 Corinthians 10:1-4
Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, 2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 3 all ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Philippians 2:9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
Philippians 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Philippians 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Acts 4:12
And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." 

As always... I've given out too many thank you's to private rep... But... Awesome "Swordsmanship"!

:thumb:

Lon

The Alpha and Omega is the Lord and God Jesus Christ

The Alpha and Omega is the Lord and God Jesus Christ

There is only one Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, and that is the LORD God. Here we can see that there is only "One" sitting upon "the Throne of God and of the Lamb":
"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

Now let us look at another place where we see "God" sitting upon that throne:
"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

Then in the next chapter the Lord Jesus identifies Himself as the "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end":

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"
(Rev.22:12-13).​

How do we know that it is the Lord Jesus speaking there? Because John identifies him as the One who says Ï come quickly":

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus"
(Rev.22:20).​

Since there can be only "One" who can be the Alpha and Omega and the beginning and the end we can know for a fact that Jesus Christ is God.

Lon

John 20:28 Thomas said to Jesus, "You are my Lord and my God!"
For those of us who will not but read scripture and know it, there are few verses that state our view more concisely and clearly. It is clear, there is only one God. It is clear the Father Son, and Spirit are/is Him.
The Lord Jesus Christ said John 15:5 "Remain in Me ! Without Me, you can do nothing! Colossians 1:17 says all things were created 'for' Him and in Him, all things exist.
Ephesians 3:17,18 In order for the Love of Christ to be without measure, He MUST be eternal Psalm 90:2 That you may be filled with "the fulness of God."
Rev 1:6 and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
Rev 1:7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
Rev 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Rev 1:17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last,
Rev 1:18 and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.
The equatedness of scriptures are beyond dispute and beyond any cult's ability to wave God's revelation away. Simply read the scriptures, they are this clear. Every one of them blatantly clear.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Ephesians 3:17,18 In order for the Love of Christ to be without measure, He MUST be eternal.

Those verses don't say his love is without measure.

They say there is a comprehensible width and length and depth and height.

Your case might be better made comparing it to the innumerable amount of Saints. :idunno:

Reactions: Lon

oatmeal

Hmmmmmm.....:shut:

1Cor 13:8
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be restrained; where there is knowledge, it will be dismissed.

Experiencing the love of Christ surpasses knowledge!

Last edited:

MWinther

The ONE God is an invisible Spirit ... but he created ONE image for His personal use for appearing within His creation. He named his visage The LORD. God appeared as the Super-natural LORD Father God in the OT.God appeared as His only begotten natural Son in the NT named LORD Jesus, the Savior.

Therefore, we have: God the invisible Spirit, God as the visible LORD God the Father, and God as the visible Lord Jesus, the Christ. The ONE who is known by me as three personages while the Three are ONE.

All equally the ONE living God.

Isaiah 43:11 I (God), even I, am the LORD (a created visage); beside ME (as God and LORD) there is no savior.

This, of course, contradicts trinitarian theology according to which the Son and the Holy Spirit are uncreated and have preexistence. I don't know why the Trinity poses a problem. It defies logic, yes. But this is exactly what we expect of God, i.e., that He transcends our mental categories. Some people say that they cannot believe in the Christian God because the God image disagrees with their sense of logic. That's hubris! They really think that they shall be able to understand God, in a sense to stand above Him and look down upon Him. The Trinity is the best we can do with our earthly minds. It is the best God image there is.

Mats

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 John 5:20 KJV
(20) And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Titus 2:13-14 KJV
(13) Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
(14) Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

unto himself