ECT Our triune God

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Philosophy and science have occasionally been bedfellows over the years a little more often than it's otherwise separate adherents would care to admit.

Myself and PPS had a ton of fun with the supposedly heliocentric nature of our solar system and the various theories concerning gravity. The lines between ideologue/ religious zealot and rational rhetorician quickly blurred. A pity the thread didn't survive the last site purge.

On that topic... There is no Empirical means of determining Heliocentrism or Geocentrism (or Globular versus Flat Earth) without basing the outcome on the presuppositional input. The math works either way. The kinematics (movements) are the same, and dynamics (forces) are defined relative to preferred references.

My issue is propagandized manipulation and indoctrination from Naturalism by Atheistic Secularists. When professing Believers embrace absolutes beyond their scope of personal understanding, there's a problem.

I don't know whether the earth is flat or round, or whether the earth system is geo- or helio- centric. I also know no one else knows, but Empiricism-driven culture and societal constructs have demanded everyone take one adamant position that they have been given by established "authorities".

That makes me trend toward the opposite of whatever the status quo demands, even it's only a 51% tie-breaker as pre-ponderance of the evidence as "more likely than not".

Unless and until someone proves unequivocally and non-anecdotally that the earth is spherical and the earth system is heliocentric, I will not acquiesce. I've physically observed farther than the earth's purported curvature would allow, so someone's going to have to explain a lot with more than regurgitated anecdotes.

fzappa13

On that topic... There is no Empirical means of determining Heliocentrism or Geocentrism (or Globular versus Flat Earth) without basing the outcome on the presuppositional input. The math works either way. The kinematics (movements) are the same, and dynamics (forces) are defined relative to preferred references.

My issue is propagandized manipulation and indoctrination from Naturalism by Atheistic Secularists. When professing Believers embrace absolutes beyond their scope of personal understanding, there's a problem.

That's kinda the point I was trying to make ... These would be rationalist/empiricists become positively apoplectic when their chosen suppositions are challenged. It's enough to make a religious zealot a little confused as to the difference between the two respective positions.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is Letsargue a male or female? I've been thinking 'female' so far, but you never know here on TOL. Hey PPS, I like your Avatar. Spiral keyboard! Where in the heck did you find that image?? I paid $200 for my Avatar image, which is a copy of the cover of my 7th Edition book, "What Your Eyes Have Not Seen." It's of Jesus coming with the clouds at night, with the stars too. I have Sherman to thank for the stars. Yours is just as good, though. It's definitely unique!! Go figure!!

Michael

Reactions: Lon

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

I would probably hope that what I have to say has already been said. Jesus told us in the Bible to baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. There you are. The Trinity. Don't let ANYONE tell you otherwise, for they are liars and plagued by Satan, who would rather confuse them instead.

God's Best For All Of You, My Brethren Here,

Michael

fzappa13

Is Letsargue a male or female? I've been thinking 'female' so far, but you never know here on TOL. Hey PPS, I like your Avatar. Spiral keyboard! Where in the heck did you find that image?? I paid $200 for my Avatar image, which is a copy of the cover of my 7th Edition book, "What Your Eyes Have Not Seen." It's of Jesus coming with the clouds at night, with the stars too. I have Sherman to thank for the stars. Yours is just as good, though. It's definitely unique!! Go figure!!

Michael

Ummm ... you might want to have a chat with your publisher.

Ps82

The ONE God is an invisible Spirit ... but he created ONE image for His personal use for appearing within His creation. He named his visage The LORD. God appeared as the Super-natural LORD Father God in the OT.God appeared as His only begotten natural Son in the NT named LORD Jesus, the Savior.

Therefore, we have: God the invisible Spirit, God as the visible LORD God the Father, and God as the visible Lord Jesus, the Christ. The ONE who is known by me as three personages while the Three are ONE.

All equally the ONE living God.

Isaiah 43:11 I (God), even I, am the LORD (a created visage); beside ME (as God and LORD) there is no savior.

Ps82

Dear All,

I would probably hope that what I have to say has already been said. Jesus told us in the Bible to baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. There you are. The Trinity. Don't let ANYONE tell you otherwise, for they are liars and plagued by Satan, who would rather confuse them instead.

God's Best For All Of You, My Brethren Here,

Michael

:)

Lon

BR Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, God

BR Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, God

Exodus 20:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

Matthew 12:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Mark 2:28 King James Version (KJV)

28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Luke 6:5 King James Version (KJV)

5 And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Tnkrbl123!

This thread is specifically for triune believers. No other need or should post here.

I'm personally boycotting these cultists threads against our view. I have found none of them are here to learn a thing and they certainly don't make a cogent or compelling presentation. Its a waste of bandwidth and time from my experience. This thread is for posting material to help us on our way.

Thank you for this thread. This is the reason I came to this site in the first place, so I can learn more about the God I worship from others who love learning about their God. I am so sick of hearing others try to deny what is clearly written and, like a broken record, repeat the same scripped argument against the trinity over and over at nauseum. I'm glad you made this thread so I can browse and dig deeper into the scripture.

Danoh

This thread is specifically for triune believers. No other need or should post here.

I'm personally boycotting these cultists threads against our view. I have found none of them are here to learn a thing and they certainly don't make a cogent or compelling presentation. Its a waste of bandwidth and time from my experience. This thread is for posting material to help us on our way.

Yep :thumb:

1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Corinthians 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.