ECT Our triune God

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Yes, faith (pistis) is definitely a substantive (noun). Faith is "the thing believed", which comes out of hearing (THE NOUN, which is "the thing heard"), which is by means of the Rhema (Word) of God.

All nouns. No verbs. Noun out of noun by means of noun. Not much "doing" there. Greek anarthrous nouns refer to quality, character, and (internal) functional activity of "the thing".

Believe/ing (pistueo) is the verb. The noun "verbs".

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Also remember...
Faith is not some abstract "thing" as many perceive. As "the thing believed", faith is that which is thought and spoken about by God.

It's not some nebulous force to summon up. It's that which foundationally underlies our objective reality of existence. That's why it's the hypostasis (substance/sub-standing) of things hoped for.

We don't acquire faith, and it's not some weird conceptualized means of generating events. It's not to be idolized as something other than that which God spoke saving us. It isn't a "thing" to put on one's mantle or make a necklace of.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul asked the Lord who He is, and the Lord told him--

Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Peter was also told who Jesus was--

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Why do you add or take away from the answer?

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

You and Lon just get mad when you can not control the beliefs of others.

LA

Dear LA,

You also must realize though that the same Spirit which is within our God the Father, is the same Spirit which filled Jesus' earthly shell of a body. His vessel, if you can hear it. Our earthly bodies are those vessels which harbor our spirits and souls before we leave and go on to eternity. We will go and receive a Heavenly body {a star} (See Dan. 12:3 KJV). And with no Earthly legs, we will be able to fly at great speeds as spirits/ souls. Our souls and spirits will go to help Jesus reign over the Earth for over 1,000 years -- it's going to be more like 2,000 or more years that Jesus and those who follow Him to Heaven will reign on Earth. After that comes the second death. All souls will be judged from the Book of Life. Then those who make it shall go to the New Jerusalem. Now I have told you the absolute truth of the matter, because He shares it with me, or else I would not know and would not tell you these things. But I am to prepare a way for the Second Coming of Christ. This I've been doing for over 40 years. It won't be long at all now. I know you must think I'm weird, and to be candid with you and not to feel puffed up or anything, I am, as you might understand, like Elijah, who also was in the soul of John the Baptist. He comes before each time Jesus comes to Earth. You have read, Elijah must come and restore all things, etc. See Math.11:14 KJV if it helps. I should not bear witness of myself because then you will think ill thoughts of me and be upset. I am also one of those two witnesses who are to come before the Lord Jesus returns again. I stand before the God of the whole Earth, like an olive tree and candlestick. See Rev. 11:4 KJV. But once again, if I bear witness of myself, it will cause you grief and jealousy or whatever the devil brings upon you. Just say, "Get thee behind me Satan, for you don't savor the things that are of God." Always remember that saying. You will need it often in your futures. Armageddon is coming very soon which shall precede Jesus' Return. There is more that God has done, as written of in Revelation, than you all even know. He has completed most everything written in Revelation, except for a few things to wrap things up. You do not understand that He has because everything is written in mysterious parables and verses, so as to keep the evil people from understanding what is going on. Sadly, it also keeps the just from understanding also. But this is one of the side effects. This is what God wants and so, He shall have it and His words will not come back to Him unaccomplished. Okay, I'd best close for now. Don't be upset with me for telling you these things/secrets, but instead, prepare yourselves for His Second Coming. Eliminate your sins the best you can. He is willing to forgive you all 7,000 times 700, because of the times upon us. He is very patient, but don't ever take it for granted. Anyway, will get going. I will keep in touch as I am able.

I've never been this candid with anyone since I've been on this TOL site. I figured perhaps I could be honest here and that you all will understand the scriptures concerning the matter. Yes, God has caused times of much rain and no rain for me, and all manner of plagues besides, like tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc. I am well-taken care of!! Praise You Jesus Christ!!

May God Increase Your Countenances Fourfold!!

Michael

Last edited:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Also remember...
Faith is not some abstract "thing" as many perceive. As "the thing believed", faith is that which is thought and spoken about by God.

It's not some nebulous force to summon up. It's that which foundationally underlies our objective reality of existence. That's why it's the hypostasis (substance/sub-standing) of things hoped for.

We don't acquire faith, and it's not some weird conceptualized means of generating events. It's not to be idolized as something other than that which God spoke saving us. It isn't a "thing" to put on one's mantle or make a necklace of.
I see a verb somewhere but I guess the bible translations are not perfect for me to understand. I may be missing the big picture but I've been told not to try so hard and hear the whispers of God when my noisy mind calms down. I'd rather try harder to hear the whispers than to get mix up in multple bible translations. I believe the more I undo, the more I see things clearly. While we're all caught up inside the big bang, I rather look for things before the big bang. I think empty or nothing is really full of everything.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Also remember...

Faith is believing. Believing is faith. Believing is not some abstract thing, you're oblivious

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I see a verb somewhere

In various passages, of course there is the verb. But in Romans 10:17, "cometh" is the preposition "ek", which is out of/from and indicating direction and/or motion. It's the anarthrous noun's qualitative characteristic and functional activity.

Man is saved by God's Word being the means of the "report" (the thing heard), out of which comes the thing believed. The thing believed is God's Rhema. Faith, as the sub-standing (hypostasis) of things hoped for, comes by means of God speaking forth His sub-standing (hypostasis).

God is eternal and uncreated; so there could be "no thing" (nothing) else for Him to think and speak about except His sub-standing as objective reality of existence (hypostasis). Man is not saved by doing anything, including hearing or believing or repentint. Those actions come from the nouns when we are resurrected within by faith (the noun) through grace (the noun).

It's a correct report that is central to salvation, which is hearing (the noun). No other "thing" heard will save. No other Rhema will save. No other faith will save. So the report must be the Rhema of God.

Rhema, in short, is from rheo/rheo and the suffix -ma. Rheo and rheo are homonymic (and are verbs), with one meaning "to speak" and the other "to flow". The -ma suffix always means "result of". So Rhema is the result of the flowing and speaking of God. There was no other "thing" for God to speak about that had any sub-standing of objective reality or existence. He alone is eternal and uncreated.

The noun Rhema represents the result of the flowing and speaking of God's Breath and Word to give life. That result is faith, which cometh out of the "report". God's report is the only sure report, so it is the only means of salvation.

HearING and believING and repentING is the action that comes by/in/through/from the noun of faith, which is God' gift by grace. We do not cooperate in Synergy with God resurrecting us. His Word does (has eternally done, is doing, will everlastingly do) it.

It LOOKS like it could be Synergism, because the original creation of man was not dysfunctionalized beyond God's ability and will to refunctionalize man. So latent within us as soon as Rhema/report/faith comes, our heart and mind is changed in repentance from belief inevitably coming into action.

This resurrection is of the inner man (hypostasis), not the outer man (sarx, as demonstrated by the prosopon). We are immediately hypostaticaly translated into the hypostasis of Jesus Christ, living and moving and having our being in Him. Blessed with all spiritual blessings and seated in heavely places in Christ Jesus. The outer man is reckoned dead by faith. THE NOUN. We either have the Rhema and report and it reckons us dead and resurrected into Christ, or we have not put on Christ/are not in Christ.

Believers are in hypostatic union with the ascendend and seated Christ, just as His divinity and humanity are in hypostatic union since the Incarnation. We commune with God from time into timelessness to partake of the divine nature... in/through the risen Christ. This can only be because He is Theanthropos, for without His humanity AND divinity, we couldn't be functionally partaking.

THIS is our true sub-standing (hypostasis) as objective reality of existence, and it comes as the hypostasis of faith from the hypostasis of God through Christ.

but I guess the bible translations are not perfect for me to understand.

Of course not. English doesn't do well in translating such minuatie of meanings. Greek nouns are anarthrous (qualitative) and can then have the article added for an intense array of emphases. English has NO anarthrous anything, and the article merely serves to make the language flow and designate "the" from "a/an".

The same is true of sin (the noun) and many other nouns that are presumed to be either verbs or according to English definite/indefinite articles instead of Greek noun constructs. And English nouns have no cases, either.

I may be missing the big picture but I've been told not to try so hard and hear the whispers of God when my noisy mind calms down.

Maybe that's okay, but it smacks of methodology and much that the false Charismatics do. The Word administers the grace necessary to understand it. It just takes digging below the surface of nominal English language structure.

I'd rather try harder to hear the whispers than to get mix up in multple bible translations.

Try harder? As in "doing" something to "have" faith? That's not how it comes. Don't be a Pelagian/Arminian.

I believe the more I undo, the more I see things clearly. While we're all caught up inside the big bang, I rather look for things before the big bang. I think empty or nothing is really full of everything.

That's a whole 'nother series of subjects, including Cosmogony/Cosmology, etc.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Faith is believing. Believing is faith.

Ignorant lies. Total and subtle prevarication. Nouns aren't verbs in any language, even in your kindergarten.

Believing is not some abstract thing, you're oblivious

So stop making it such. It's a very specific thing. It can only be ONE thing. THE faith. ONE faith.

You don't have the "report", so it's doubtful you could have faith; especially since you change the nouns to verbs so you can be the one saving yourself.

Man doesn't have a renewed mind to extend his will toward object as subject. God is the object, and it's His Rhema that makes Him and His salvation known as subject.

Just because this all happens in a micro-instant, it doesn't mean you get to claim Synergy or Source for your salvation, heretic.

God's Word alone saves. Your actions of hearing and believing and repenting can't save.

God grants repentance. It's the goodness of God that brings us to repentance.

Only pride and its ignorant arrogance would say otherwise, especially when nouns aren't verbs AND nouns "verb" as action.

God changes the condition of the heart of man, granting him repentance (the noun), from which man can repent (verb).

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Ignorant lies. Total and subtle prevarication. Nouns aren't verbs in any language, even in your kindergarten.

So stop making it such. It's a very specific thing. It can only be ONE thing. THE faith. ONE faith.

You don't have the "report", so it's doubtful you could have faith; especially since you change the nouns to verbs so you can be the one saving yourself.

Man doesn't have a renewed mind to extend his will toward object as subject. God is the object, and it's His Rhema that makes Him and His salvation known as subject.

Just because this all happens in a micro-instant, it doesn't mean you get to claim Synergy or Source for your salvation, heretic.

God's Word alone saves. Your actions of hearing and believing and repenting can't save.

God grants repentance. It's the goodness of God that brings us to repentance.

Only pride and its ignorant arrogance would say otherwise, especially when nouns aren't verbs AND nouns "verb" as action.

God changes the condition of the heart of man, granting him repentance (the noun), from which man can repent (verb).

Calvinism, robotic doctrines

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Calvinism

No, it's what Calvinism has always been trying to be, but hasn't gotten there. Calvinism constrains God to time, though presuming not to do so.

But you are for sure a Pelagian, presuming that the nouns from God are your own actions as verbs. And this is why you're without faith (noun). Wrong report. Wrong Rhema.

You may have hope/trust (elpis), which doth now save you. But elpis isn't pistis, and it's a noun, too.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear patrick jane,

Fancy seeing you here!! I love your last post because it is longer and deserves good rep. The posts you usually write are too short to comment on. This is more cogent and welcome. PJ, I will always give you good rep pts., whenever I can remember. God is more than a noun, but we all realize that. I will get going for now. I'm starting to get sleepy!! Of course, we can know the Trinity. It is written in the Bible to go and "baptize them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. See Matt. 28:19 KJV. Please see!

May God Bless You Abundantly!!

It's Michael again,

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey, who else out there believes that Jesus is God's SON, both having the same Spirit within them. God is Jesus' Father. What do you think, Lon??

Will post more soon.

Peace and Love!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear Pneuma,

A word can be a noun and a verb. How about, "I am being nice." And "I am a human being." Also, "I love you." And "Love is good. Love is kind." And "I'm going to report you." "I turned in my report to my teacher." Now am I right here, or wrong??

Pneuma, intellectual is not the same as wisdom. Where in the heck did you get your name?

Praise And Love God, And Jesus, And The Holy Ghost!!

Michael

Last edited:

radind

The Trinity doctrine, just like all other ancient formulaics, gives no consideration or answer for "how" Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are eternal apart from heaven and the cosmos, but also have real presence in both created realms. How were they, as uncreated, compatible in any sense with creation to "occupy" it, and how did that occur?

The following is from a non-Biblical source, but I find this fascinating.

Foundations of Physics, Vol. 22, No. 2, 1992

The Problem of the Imperfection of a World, Itself Created by a Perfect God by Andr6 Mercier 2

…”God cannot as creator dwell within the world. He must be without, and the only relationship thinkable of between Him and the world or time requires that, being the creator of World and Time, He should not Himself be endowed with existence, which is being in time. (This, in the meanwhile, should not be misinterpreted as excluding an "incarnation" of the godhead; for, precisely this kind of 'scandal" as the Greeks rejected it when Paul told them about Christ on the Areopagus is made compatible within--but only within--a threefold relationship like that known in Christianity as the Trinity.) “…

radind

Interesting that such an offering would appear in a tome so named.

I am still amazed.
Foundations of Physics is an international journal devoted to the conceptual bases and fundamental theories of modern physics and cosmology, emphasizing the logical, methodological, and philosophical premises of modern physical theories and procedures.

This journal does cover some philosophy and the article was from an issue dedicated to Karl Popper who primarily worked as a philosopher. I think the Popper connection was the reason that I originally came across this.

fzappa13

I am still amazed.

This journal does cover some philosophy and the article was from an issue dedicated to Karl Popper who primarily worked as a philosopher. I think the Popper connection was the reason that I originally came across this.

Philosophy and science have occasionally been bedfellows over the years a little more often than it's otherwise separate adherents would care to admit.

Myself and PPS had a ton of fun with the supposedly heliocentric nature of our solar system and the various theories concerning gravity. The lines between ideologue/ religious zealot and rational rhetorician quickly blurred. A pity the thread didn't survive the last site purge.

radind

Philosophy and science have occasionally been bedfellows over the years a little more often than it's otherwise separate adherents would care to admit.

Myself and PPS had a ton of fun with the supposedly heliocentric nature of our solar system and the various theories concerning gravity. The lines between ideologue/ religious zealot and rational rhetorician quickly blurred. A pity the thread didn't survive the last site purge.

I am too new to know what a site purge is.