ECT Our triune God

godrulz

Hall of Fame
krsto: using your logic, worshipping false, pagan gods is on par with worshipping the true God because it is gnosticism to expect any knowledge about God as being essential to faith in Him? Paul warned about false gospels and false christs, but you blur the distinction between true and false. It is not gnosticism to understand Jesus' claims about Himself. It is cultic to take Jn. 8:58 and translate it 'I have been' like the JW does to remove the Jehovahistic implications of His claims that were understood by the Jews (hence blasphemy accusation).

Jerzy; instead of interpreting Jn. 17:3 in light of Jn. 1:1, you must negate Jn. 1:1; Jn. 20:28 to avoid undermining your wrong view. JWs do the exact same thing, without warrant.

A sound Christology is not optional if we are to distinguish trusting a fake vs true God.

For Paul, confessing Jesus as Lord is to confess Him as Lord God, not mere sir or lesser lord (He is superlative Lord of lords and King of kings, Alpha and Omega, titles of Deity alone). For John, Son of God is a statement of equality with the Father due to same nature.

We can define things and make our own idol by having generic god, generic jesus, generic lord, generic son of god OR we can do our homework and find out what the original author understood as intended by the Spirit who inspired these things.

There is a difference between sound scholarship and the stuff running around on this forum by deniers of essential Christian truth (showing they do not have the illumination of the Spirit).

keypurr, jerzy, krsto, pierac are in the JW boat, though not in the WT organization. The Deity of Christ and triune understanding is biblically defensible, so don't be deceived by their vapid arguments.

fzappa13

Lon, old chum, not to tell you your business but there are numerous Christian websites that make a belief in the triune nature of God a prerequisite to posting on their forum as a christian ... this isn't one of them. I would respectfully submit that to put some arbitrary restrictions on posting to a thread in a public forum is to put yourself in the place of the site owner.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
It would be a courtesy to honor his request, but not a rule or requirement. I generally support freedom of speech, but would also honor a thread initiator who wants to set a certain direction without the distraction of the peanut gallery who are disruptive heretics (derailing things):deadhorse:

fzappa13

It would be a courtesy to honor his request, but not a rule or requirement. I generally support freedom of speech, but would also honor a thread initiator who wants to set a certain direction without the distraction of the peanut gallery who are disruptive heretics (derailing things):deadhorse:

While we are on the subject of courtesy we might also discuss the merits, or lack thereof, of referring to those with whom we disagree in derogatory terms.

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
Jerzy; instead of interpreting Jn. 17:3 in light of Jn. 1:1, you must negate Jn. 1:1; Jn. 20:28 to avoid undermining your wrong view. JWs do the exact same thing, without warrant.

godluz

You want me to "interpret" Jn 17:3, which you can't put your crooked teeth into, in light of the monk's mistake and the clear Trinitarian forgery.

Have you lost your mind, luz?

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
keypurr, jerzy, krsto, pierac are in the JW boat, though not in the WT organization. The Deity of Christ and triune understanding is biblically defensible, so don't be deceived by their vapid arguments.

Have you ever done it by using the scriptures or you just keep coming up with your baloney to prove who you really are?

Lon

Lon, old chum, not to tell you your business but there are numerous Christian websites that make a belief in the triune nature of God a prerequisite to posting on their forum as a christian ... this isn't one of them. I would respectfully submit that to put some arbitrary restrictions on posting to a thread in a public forum is to put yourself in the place of the site owner.
It was a simple request. Only courtesy and self restraint were appealed to.

graceandpeace

You make mockery of God's salvation plan.

You say that a woman gave birth to God whom man like you killed.

This is paganism at it’s highest.

The truth:

A woman gave birth to God, whom came in the form of flesh/man.
To be the ONLY propriation for the sins of mankind. The Just for the UnJust.

No normal man could of paid our debt...why?

None were righteouss...accept for ONE: God whom came in the form of flesh.

The gospel..in a nutshell.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The incarnation, Deity, death, resurrection of Christ is core gospel truth. You simply cannot have a false Christ or deny His resurrection and be preaching the true gospel.

As I understand it, you will not say that Jesus is Almighty God, uncreated Creator, equal with the Father by nature, names, attributes, etc. Thus, your view is Arian-like in that Christ is a subordinate creature of some sort. Talking about a divine man or God inhabiting a man is not the same as saying Jesus is the God-Man, one person with two natures.

This is not a peripheral debate like Calvinism vs Arminianism. It is core, essential, salvific truth defined by Jesus/Bible/God, not just me. Jesus and Paul did not compromise the gospel, but you don't even understand that the identity of Christ is not negotiable, the difference between Christ and a non-existent counterfeit.

Using your logic, Islam and Christianity are equally valid ways to God because they both believe in 'Christ'.

This is worth another show

Gill White

A woman gave birth to God,

I can't believe you said this.

(Luk 1:32) KJV He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

(Luk 1:35) KJV And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

(Luk 1:35) GW The angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come to you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore, the holy child developing inside you will be called the Son of God.

(Rom 5:19) Clearly, through one person's disobedience humanity became sinful, and through one person's obedience humanity will receive God's approval.

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
I can't believe you said this.

(Luk 1:32) KJV He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

(Luk 1:35) KJV And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

(Luk 1:35) GW The angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come to you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore, the holy child developing inside you will be called the Son of God.

(Rom 5:19) Clearly, through one person's disobedience humanity became sinful, and through one person's obedience humanity will receive God's approval.

The pagan fables peddlers have no time to read the scriptures, Gill.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Jesus is the Geat trinitarian

He speaks of the Father and the Holy Ghost as seperate Persons to Himself and as each seperate to each other.

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
Jonn 1

The Word was with God and the Word was God, and the Word became flesh.

/thread

Check this Trinitarian admission of guilt:

The reason our Bibles translate logos as word is that Jerome, a monk of the early fifth century, mistranslated it as verbum. http://www.trinityfoundation.org/journal.php?id=255. Jerome’s Vulgate, as it is called, became the official Bible of the Roman Catholic Church, and the texts Jerome used have become the mainstay of contemporary liberal versions. The Latin term Verbum became Word in English.

Now consider this:

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Act 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all)

Can you spot the Trinitarian forgery?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Jesus is identified with logos in Jn. and Rev. If you don't like English 'word', it still does not negate the truth that Jesus is logos (Gk.), with the Father, and God by nature.