ECT Our triune God

nicholsmom

Wow, Lon should have titled this "The anti-trinitarian magnet thread" :chuckle:
And a Muslim posting in the ECF is just plain sad.

Reactions: Lon

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
Wow, Lon should have titled this "The anti-trinitarian magnet thread" :chuckle:
And a Muslim posting in the ECF is just plain sad.

Shouldn't he rather title it something like this?

"How to fool the true worshippers of the Father the only true God".

john w

Hall of Fame
Either you attend to those verses below and tell us what you suggest be done with them or you just may dance to your own tune contravening TOL rules.

Isa 11:1-3, 42:1+6, Eze 34:23-24, Mic 5:2, Mt 6:9, 11:25, Jn 6:23, 6:44-45, 6:65, 14:6, 14:10, 17:3, 20:17, 20:31, Ac 2:22, 2:36, 3:21, 10:36, 17:31, Ro 1:7, 1Cor 1:3, 8:6, 2Co 1:2, 5:18+21, Eph 1:3, 2:18, Ga 1:1, 1:3, Col 1:1-3, 1:12-13, Php 1:2, 1Th 1:1-3, 2Th 1:1-2, 1Ti 1:1-2, 2:5, 2Ti 1:1-2, Ti 1:4, Phm 1:3-4, Heb 1:1-2, Jam 1:1, 1Pe 1:2-3, 2Pe 1:2, 1Jn 1:2-3, 2Jn 1:3, Jud 1:1, Re 1:1.

Either you attend to those verses below and tell us what you suggest be done with them or you just may dance to your own tune contravening TOL rules.

Genesis-Revelation-the Lord Jesus Christ is God.

I one upped you again!

Slower: Try to die. Show us you can give up the ghost. Show us any man can do this. Well?

Are you a prophet?

jerzy

BANNED
Banned

Genesis-Revelation-the Lord Jesus Christ is God.

I one upped you again!

Slower: Try to die. Show us you can give up the ghost. Show us any man can do this. Well?

Are you a prophet?

John.

Do yourself a favour.

Check our conversation from the beginning and find out how many of your questions and how many times I have answered and how many of my questions and how many times you didn't answer.

How many times you have asked your questions instead.

This is clearly against the TOL rules and displays your inability to lead a scriptures based discussion but merely offer your baloney in a rude wrapping.

I think it’s time for you to run after your own tail now.

So long, John.

john w

Hall of Fame
John.

Do yourself a favour.

Check our conversation from the beginning and find out how many of your questions and how many times I have answered and how many of my questions and how many times you didn't answer.

How many times you have asked your questions instead.

This is clearly against the TOL rules and displays your inability to lead a scriptures based discussion but merely offer your baloney in a rude wrapping.
I think it’s time for you to run after your own tail now.

So long, John.

_
Nope-you made that up. You punt time after time. I picked you apart.

Still waiting for you to die-release your own spirit. Can you do that?

john w

Hall of Fame
Didn't he say this?

Joh 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Or this

Joh 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

No good to pretend being blind:

Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Is the Holy Spirit God? Is the Father greater than the Holy Spirit?

Ryan Collins

I didn't read through the entire discussion so I apologize if my questions have been answered somewhere amidst the bickering. I have two questions that I have struggled with as a Trinitarian (I affirm the Triune God):

1). Is YHWH God the Father or the Triune God?

2). 1 Corinthians 8:6 "Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live."

Why the distinction between God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ? If Jesus were (is) God to Paul, how come he did not say so but made the separate title? However, I think this passage affirms the Trinitarian view that Jesus is God because Paul says that both God the Father and Jesus are the source of all creation and through whom all humanity lives. But why the distinction between the two?

Pierac

It is not about Him, (Jesus) dethroning God the Father, it is about Him, (Jesus), coming in the form of flesh; of HIS OWN FREEWILL, choosing from the beginning as GOD to humbly be the EXAMPLE of what His OWN law of agape LOVE would prove to us:

Did you really just write (say) this? Are you biblically brain dead? :doh:

Jesus never spoke of His own free will! For the last three years of His life, HE SCREAMED... Not my will... BUT YOURS!!!

Mat 26:39 And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will."

Mar 14:36 And He was saying, "Abba! Father! All things are possible for You; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You will."

Ouch, scripture #1

Mat 26:42 He went away again a second time and prayed, saying, "My Father, if this cannot pass away unless I drink it, Your will be done."

Bam! Scripture #2...

Joh 15:10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

John 14:10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works (miracles). Just as Acts teaches... Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

Paul

godrulz

Hall of Fame
There is one true God by nature YHWH. The Father is called YHWH, the Son is called YHWH, the Holy Spirit is called YHWH. There are not 3 gods, but 3 personal distinctions within the one God. YHWH can refer to God, triune God, or each member who are all equally God.

Since the Word became flesh, the Father and Son are distinct (contra modalism/oneness heresy). Some verses just talk about God, some about the Father, some about the Son, some about the Father and the Son, etc. Paul understood that Jesus is Lord God. Just because He talks about God and the Lord Jesus or God the Father and the Lord Jesus does not mean that Jesus is not God by nature. Jesus, the God-Man, also talked about God, His Father. A triune understanding explains that each is God, yet personally distinct. In the NT, when God is used alone, it often vs exclusively, refers to the Father. The key is that the Deity of Christ is also taught in the NT, so the triune understanding explains all the evidence.

Ryan Collins

There is one true God by nature YHWH. The Father is called YHWH, the Son is called YHWH, the Holy Spirit is called YHWH. There are not 3 gods, but 3 personal distinctions within the one God. YHWH can refer to God, triune God, or each member who are all equally God.

So YHWH would be the Triune God, not just simply God the Father? I would probably agree with that. YHWH is the Judeo-Christian God (Triune) in the same idea that Allah is God to the Muslims (though YHWH is the One true God).

Which brings up a different issue with me: how come we do not call him YHWH? Isn't it a beautiful thing to be a on a name-by-name basis with God...why don't we translate his name in Scripture and refer to Him by name, Yhwh?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
So YHWH would be the Triune God, not just simply God the Father? I would probably agree with that. YHWH is the Judeo-Christian God (Triune) in the same idea that Allah is God to the Muslims (though YHWH is the One true God).

Which brings up a different issue with me: how come we do not call him YHWH? Isn't it a beautiful thing to be a on a name-by-name basis with God...why don't we translate his name in Scripture and refer to Him by name, Yhwh?

How do you pronounce the tetragrammaton? Yahweh is probably as close as anything. The lack of saying God's name goes back to Jewish ideas of not writing/saying it. As well, the Holy Spirit inspired kurios/theos in the NT, so it must not be important or desired in the church age to use the OT name. Jesus is YHWH and He is our focus.

JWs make too much of this and even tamper with their NWT NT over 200 times by putting Jehovah in without any manuscript warrant.

Krsto

"Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name-- the name you gave me-- so that they may be one as we are one." - Jn. 17:11

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Rev. 4:8 ¶ And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Is there significance to the four beasts saying Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come, over and over. Why do they say it three times? God is also referred to here in three tenses, was, is, and is to come, is this just by accident? Thoughts?

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
Is the Holy Spirit God? Is the Father greater than the Holy Spirit?

You have asked this question in another thread and I answered it like this:

John.

I will respond assuming that this is your honest question.

No, John. The Holy Spirit is not God. The Holy Spirit is the means by/through which God does His acts.

The word is translated from Hebrew ruach and Greek pneuma meaning wind.

Thus Jesus say this:

Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

People used this word to describe acts carried out by means they couldn't comprehend.

The Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit is the same expression:

2Sa 23:2 The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

So we say that God does His work/acts by/ through His wind.

Now you can see why it is so easy to attribute the means by which God does His acts to mean God. It is because all we know about God is through His acts as the creation of universe to begin with.

Another way we know about God is what he told us through His prophets. We don’t know anything about God unless He told us by His word:

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Thus:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

God is also referred to here in three tenses, was, is, and is to come, is this just by accident? Thoughts?

This is referring to Yhvh who is eternal. From the letters of the name Yhvh we get three Hebrew words:

HoVeH - He is
HaYaH - He was
YiHYeH - He will be

Notice this is basically the same thing as said in the Book of Revelation:

Who is
Who was
Who is to come

And Revelation 1:4; 1:8; 4:8 is the Father who is seated on the throne.

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
There is one true God by nature YHWH. The Father is called YHWH, the Son is called YHWH, the Holy Spirit is called YHWH.

And godrulz is called YHWH by himself.

Since the Word became flesh...

Here comes the mumbler who dishonestly keeps bringing the Trinitarian admission of guilt up to embarase Trinitarians:

The reason our Bibles translate logos as word is that Jerome, a monk of the early fifth century, mistranslated it as verbum. Jerome’s Vulgate, as it is called, became the official Bible of the Roman Catholic Church, and the texts Jerome used have become the mainstay of contemporary liberal versions. The Latin term Verbum became Word in English.
http://www.trinityfoundation.org/journal.php?id=255

Well don, luz

godrulz

Hall of Fame
God is YHWH, but mere men are not. Jn. 17:3 says something about the Father (He is God) without denying something about the Son found in many other places (He is also God by nature, but not the Father).

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
How do you pronounce the tetragrammaton? Yahweh is probably as close as anything.

If God wanted to be know by a dog’s tag label He would have told man.

For Jews each letter of YHWH denoted attribute of God.

A silly man made a label few centuries ago to attach to God's neck the same way he attaches labels to man today.

Little he knew that the Greek word “onoma” didn’t mean a label when the scriptures were penned.

Thus God changed names when He placed man in a position of different authority like Abram to Abraham and Jacob to Israel.

Alas, our top mumbler pretends to know nothing about this although he was pointed to it many times before.

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
Rev. 4:8 ¶ And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Is there significance to the four beasts saying Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come, over and over. Why do they say it three times? God is also referred to here in three tenses, was, is, and is to come, is this just by accident? Thoughts?

God didn’t begin His introduction to man from the book of Revelation.

One has to know God from the OT then move to the NT to be able to understand symbols of the last book.