ECT The new rules for the Exclusively Christian forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Catatumba said:
A relative of a quorum; one is about text written or spoken, and the other is about how much room is left. :luigi:
He was trying to be funny in how he told you that you misspelled "quote."

cafinator

highs and lows

highs and lows

I'm new here but I love debating with fellow Christians about the Bible and what it means to them and what it's all about and seeing this fourm get wattered down already kills my buzz a bit but I guess we can just weed out the boys from the men so to speak. Personaly, my favorite verse is Isaiah 13:3 since I have been called by both Jim Gall and Larry Randolph a might warrior for God and it was his way of telling me that I hadn't lost touch with Him and that I was still in the game. So what's your guyses and girls favorite verse and why?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
cafinator said:
So what's your guyses and girls favorite verse and why?
One of my favorites is Ecclesiastes 9:10 - "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might"

I like that verse because of what it doesn't say. It doesn't say that God predestines what you can and cannot do in this world. In other words, the sky is the limit Christian, so dream big and act boldly.

BTW, welcome to TOL!

Heretic

Sozo said:
Unfortunately, I may be the only one who sees this as a step backwards, rather than forward.
I do not believe that everyone that comes here is here to debate, and there should be a sanctuary (of sort) to actually be safe from those who have no other agenda but to steal the truth from those who truly have a heart to know what that truth is.

I know that this may not be the main purpose of this site, but some people may have no other place to turn, and there are many out there who are hurting, and need to hear the hope that only those who have faith in the Jesus of the bible can offer them.

My main reason for being here, is to reach those people, and to stand firm in a presentation of the gospel that is undefiled, unperverted, and pure in it's simplicity.

That opportunity has been greatly diminished, and the cultist have won their day.

:cry:

THEN FORM A CONGA LINE AND MOVE TOGETHER! :guitar:

asilentskeptic

I am someone who was recently Christian through and through. I have occasionally posted on the Christian only forum inadvertantly, usually with support or clarification of the issue being discussed. I usually post from a Christian perspective when I post there, because that is where I am coming from. I use Bible verses and everything ;) Will this be allowed (I am currently leaning towards atheism, but am still working out what I am, and what I believe)? Should I just be more careful where I post? I have been more careful recently, because I respect the rules set down by you guys, and I respect the need for a forum where issues can be discussed and debated between Christians. If the answer is, "don't post there", then I will abide by that and be careful where I post. As my posts in that forum have usually been constructive, should I just not worry about it? I know the line has been fuzzed a little, but I would rather not cross lines that have been drawn :) Any input would be great. Thank you!

dlrsarver

This is just what I have been looking for, a place to discuss, debate, or just take a look at the Word of God with others who Love the Word as much as I do. There are so many other places to take on the non believers, and I visit them too, but this is truly a blessing.

bwightma

Why would there be any problem with these rules? It sounds like the dialog would be actually pleasant and non-combative.

elected4ever

If you apply the new rules to the Exclusive Christian Forum then you might as well get red of the forum alltogether. Sozo is right. There are a lot of people who clame to be christian and are not. As a matter of fact don't even know what salvation is and it is most predomanent is the OV Theology. If one does understand salvation then the learning is so shallow that they need good teachin in order to grow. One must at least clame Christ to be a part of this forum.

mercyschild

Sozo said:
Unfortunately, I may be the only one who sees this as a step backwards, rather than forward.

I do not believe that everyone that comes here is here to debate, and there should be a sanctuary (of sort) to actually be safe from those who have no other agenda but to steal the truth from those who truly have a heart to know what that truth is.

I know that this may not be the main purpose of this site, but some people may have no other place to turn, and there are many out there who are hurting, and need to hear the hope that only those who have faith in the Jesus of the bible can offer them.

My main reason for being here, is to reach those people, and to stand firm in a presentation of the gospel that is undefiled, unperverted, and pure in it's simplicity.

That opportunity has been greatly diminished, and the cultist have won their day.

:cry:

I tend to agree with you on this being more of a 'step backwards', especially given there ARE people on here who do seem to want cause non-constructive debate, and criticize openly, even if there is no truth to what they are stating. I don't mind debate, but when it is one side just criticizing the other there is no 'fun' in that; no one should have to walk away feeling inadequate in their faith; especially those who are just brand new to the Christian world. For someone to tell them they are talking trash, is not constructive; it wounds, and doesn't speak well of the speakers own faith. We are an example, and others ARE watching; I think when there is wounding debate going on, that only confirms for those unbelievers around us that there really isn't anything special about Christians afterall.

I think if we want to minister to the 'lost' on this forum, we can gamely jump into other threads where they lurk and slowly edge our way in. Although if they post honest questions here, and they are not looking to stir trouble, I can't argue with allowing them to post them in the ECT forum-so long as they are actually ready for what they might hear!

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
No posts since October 3rd, 2006?

I just ran across this thread. I think the original idea, of making it just for believers, is a great idea.

What is the present policy?

In Christ,
Bob Hill

Last edited:

fool

Hall of Fame
Bob Hill said:

I just ran across this thread. I think the original idea, of making it just for believers, is a great idea.

In Christ,
Bob Hill
Currently people who label themselves as something other than Christian can post in the EC forum as long as the wear a clean shirt and pretend the Bible might not be completely made up.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Bob Hill said:

In Christ,
Bob Hill
Thanks Bob....

Said as simply as possible....

This particular forum will be dedicated to debating/discussing biblical issues without debating the legitimacy of the Bible itself.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Bob Hill said:
There is an entire forum for exclusively Christian threads....

Click here.

This thread is the thread that explains the overall forum that's why no posts since Oct 3rd 2006. The forum itself is actually very busy.

Ps82

Seems fair enough if people play honestly in their hearts about the rules ... but I predict this quoted part will still be hard to manage... because differentiating between the "bent" of an atheist's question will remain difficult. They are always are upfront with their questions about God and the Bible... so the trick will be determining whether they are challenging our beliefs with their minds or seeking answers from their hearts. This is almost always difficult for mortals to perceive.

Even Timothy had trouble with this ... when he was not sure how to deal with members of his new church who seemed to be stirring up trouble. Paul wrote to him that he should chastize them for a time ... see if they repent ... and then restore them ... for really only God knows what was in a person's heart.

QUOTE:Furthermore...
We are also willing to let any other unbeliever or follower of another religion post here if they are honestly seeking an answer to a question or have constructive input to the discussion. In other words... if an atheist has a question about God and he asks it in an honest, upfront way we will gladly deal with that question without booting him out of the forum.

asilentskeptic

Seems fair enough if people play honestly in their hearts about the rules ... but I predict this quoted part will still be hard to manage... because differentiating between the "bent" of an atheist's question will remain difficult. They are always are upfront with their questions about God and the Bible... so the trick will be determining whether they are challenging our beliefs with their minds or seeking answers from their hearts. This is almost always difficult for mortals to perceive.

Even Timothy had trouble with this ... when he was not sure how to deal with members of his new church who seemed to be stirring up trouble. Paul wrote to him that he should chastize them for a time ... see if they repent ... and then restore them ... for really only God knows what was in a person's heart.

QUOTE:Furthermore...
We are also willing to let any other unbeliever or follower of another religion post here if they are honestly seeking an answer to a question or have constructive input to the discussion. In other words... if an atheist has a question about God and he asks it in an honest, upfront way we will gladly deal with that question without booting him out of the forum.

I generally try to fulfill the spirit of the law and don't post in that forum. When I do, it is usually very constructive, and the answers come from my very Christian background (meaning I use bible verses and speak as if coming from a Christian perspective). If someone asks what righteousness is, I may post verses and such from a Biblical perspective :).

But, I generally try to respect the rules in place, and I hope others try to do the same! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.