ECT The new rules for the Exclusively Christian forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
That's probably the primary reason so many of us quit posting here. It became increasingly pointless. And, please understand, I'm not singling out TOL. All the Christian forum's fell into the same trap. I was so excited by the advent of the internet and forums for the teaching/learning opportunity they presented. The first few years there were some really interesting exchanges and I probably spent way to much time on the computer as a result. As things deteriorated I decided that, both online and off, I was going to refrain from bothering people about the Word of God until such time as current events made it obvious that the days the Bibles speaks of were coming to pass and there would be no more argument about that fact. We have arrived at the last days. The 4 horsemen ride as we speak. If we are to have any hope that this Word will help us through this we have to embrace it in it's entirety or it will be of no help to us.
Make an argument.

We, dispensationalists, believe the Bible in its entirety.

fzappa13

Why do you choose to use his Hebrew name? We mostly know him by his Roman name, Paul. Paul is the name that he uses to sign all of his epistles
I was hoping you would see the point that Saul was supremely confident in the righteousness of his cause and the accuracy of his doctrine only to be blinded/humbled and given an new name and doctrine. Where is Saul to Paul when you need him?

Right Divider

Body part
I was hoping you would see the point that Saul was supremely confident in the righteousness of his cause and the accuracy of his doctrine only to be blinded/humbled and given an new name and doctrine. Where is Saul to Paul when you need him?
Thanks for explaining. I agree with this fact, but I do not see how that applies to anyone here.

fzappa13

Thanks for explaining. I agree with this fact, but I do not see how that applies to anyone here.
It applies to everyone here. Myself included.
A little misdirection.... what's the point again?

Perhaps you should start a new thread to discuss that topic. I assume that you think that this is a problem for the dispensational position.
You're right. I think the subject worthy of it it's own thread as well. I tried to offer one and management removed it. That said I think it telling that you couldn't answer the question.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I would hasten to agree.

Good.

My post that was deleted

Your post is still there for everyone to read.

Most of us are divided by competing doctrines supported by a few "proof texts" developed by different individuals in the ensuing years after the death of Jesus. Paul told us this would happen after his death and so it has come to pass. By way of analogy you can look at these competing doctrines as colored glasses through which we view the Bible. They will filter out that which is inconsistent with any given doctrine. Unless and until our love of the truth is sufficient to give us the courage to take off these glasses great swaths of the Bible will forever remain a mystery to be hurriedly skipped over on the way to preferred passages. To "rightly divide" the Word one must first embrace the Word ... all of it. Even those passages orphaned by any given doctrine.

Is there a point your trying to make?

Right Divider

Body part
It applies to everyone here. Myself included.
OK, agreed. I used to believe many things that I now know were incorrect.
Thank God that He's fixing that.
You're right. I think the subject worthy of it it's own thread as well. It tried to offer one and management removed it.
Try again and see what happens.
That said I think it telling that you couldn't answer the question.
That is false. It's not that I couldn't. I just wasn't going down off-topic rabbit trails in this thread.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
I would hasten to agree. My post that was deleted was comprised of 95 % scripture. At what point do we go from having a problem with what someone has said to having a problem with scripture. As I have often said, most people's Bible would comfortably fit in a manila folder. It's an unfortunate fact that most of us have come to our understanding of the Bible through the efforts of others. Pre chewed food as it were. Most of us are divided by competing doctrines supported by a few "proof texts" developed by different individuals in the ensuing years after the death of Jesus. Paul told us this would happen after his death and so it has come to pass. By way of analogy you can look at these competing doctrines as colored glasses through which we view the Bible. They will filter out that which is inconsistent with any given doctrine. Unless and until our love of the truth is sufficient to give us the courage to take off these glasses great swaths of the Bible will forever remain a mystery to be hurriedly skipped over on the way to preferred passages. To "rightly divide" the Word one must first embrace the Word ... all of it. Even those passages orphaned by any given doctrine.
Perhaps you've missed the point that THIS is exactly what we are saying when we talk about right division.

Dispensationalism is not some strange "new" doctrine. It's simply about taking each and every part of scripture in its proper context. This is one of the reasons that Paul frequently uses the term "but now".

fzappa13

That is false. It's not that I couldn't. I just wasn't going down off-topic rabbit trails in this thread.
Yes, it is not proper forum etiquette to derail a thread with introduction of a subject that would more appropriately have it's own thread. However, you asked for an example of what I was proposing and I complied with your request.

fzappa13

Perhaps you've missed the point that THIS is exactly what we are saying when we talk about right division.

Dispensationalism is not some strange "new" doctrine. It's simply about taking each and every part of scripture in its proper context. This is one of the reasons that Paul frequently uses the term "but now".
Dispensationalism was codified a couple of hundred years ago but was really an outgrowth of a larger movement from which it sprang. It is of greater antiquity than, say, Seventh Day Adventism or the Charismatic movement but it is still somewhat of a new kid on the block as compared to Protestantism and it's predecessors. Likely yet another subject best left to it's own thread.

Right Divider

Body part
Dispensationalism was codified a couple of hundred years ago but was really an outgrowth of a larger movement from which it sprang. It is of greater antiquity than, say, Seventh Day Adventism or the Charismatic movement but it is still somewhat of a new kid on the block as compared to Protestantism and it's predecessors. Likely yet another subject best left to it's own thread.
Paul was a dispensationalist, so your opinion is incorrect (though very common).

Eph 3:1-7 (AKJV/PCE)​
(3:1) For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, (3:2) If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: (3:3) How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, (3:4) Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) (3:5) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; (3:6) That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: (3:7) Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.​

Status
Not open for further replies.