ECT The new rules for the Exclusively Christian forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivesense

God has placed the record of Himself beyond the realm of reason. Reasoning away the Scriptures can only be accomplished by unbelief. If a believer cannot submit to the word of God, then there is no platform for him/her to stand upon before God and man.

Human reasoning, whether by the saint or sinner, will never apprehend the mind of God. The Scriptures are meant to be believed, not reasoned about. His word is established in the celestials, and His Spirit illuminates and testifies of its endlessness in the human spirit.

The Scriptures in their original form have remained unchanged for ages. If that is not proof enough to the reasoning mind, then an act of God to remove the blindness is required.

Such is the case of all who have believed.

genuineoriginal

So why are the Romanists and free-willers still allowed here?;)
Calvinists/Reformed are allowed to post here, based only on their word that they are Christians.

If that is allowed, it isn't a stretch to allow any of the Orthodox Christians (including Roman Catholics) to post here, since they are able to prove that they are Christians more effectively than any Calvinist could.

As for the free-will believers, they are the only ones that truly believe what the Bible says.

Heterodoxical

Some of us would rather discuss the differences and learn from them, without the sanctimonious, denigratory, "vulgar form of debate" that we find prevalent.

If I agree with you, I have nothing to discuss. If we disagree we have things to discuss and we can learn from each other. But when someone feels they have to be right, none of the merits of the discussion are addressed.

Rather we just see where the longest yellow line in the snow is.

Unfortunately, I may be the only one who sees this as a step backwards, rather than forward.

I do not believe that everyone that comes here is here to debate, and there should be a sanctuary (of sort) to actually be safe from those who have no other agenda but to steal the truth from those who truly have a heart to know what that truth is.

I know that this may not be the main purpose of this site, but some people may have no other place to turn, and there are many out there who are hurting, and need to hear the hope that only those who have faith in the Jesus of the bible can offer them.

My main reason for being here, is to reach those people, and to stand firm in a presentation of the gospel that is undefiled, unperverted, and pure in it's simplicity.

That opportunity has been greatly diminished, and the cultist have won their day.

:cry:

genuineoriginal

Some of us would rather discuss the differences and learn from them, without the sanctimonious, denigratory, "vulgar form of debate" that we find prevalent.

If I agree with you, I have nothing to discuss. If we disagree we have things to discuss and we can learn from each other. But when someone feels they have to be right, none of the merits of the discussion are addressed.

Your posts in your thread, ECT: any good Christian would see gay marriage provided, done and over with, show how much you like the sanctimonious, denigratory, "vulgar form of debate", how little you want to learn from others, and how much you feel you have to be right.

Rather we just see where the longest yellow line in the snow is.
Why don't you just keep your vulgarities to yourself?

Cross Reference

God has placed the record of Himself beyond the realm of reason. Reasoning away the Scriptures can only be accomplished by unbelief. If a believer cannot submit to the word of God, then there is no platform for him/her to stand upon before God and man.

Human reasoning, whether by the saint or sinner, will never apprehend the mind of God. The Scriptures are meant to be believed, not reasoned about. His word is established in the celestials, and His Spirit illuminates and testifies of its endlessness in the human spirit.

The Scriptures in their original form have remained unchanged for ages. If that is not proof enough to the reasoning mind, then an act of God to remove the blindness is required.

Such is the case of all who have believed.

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"
Philippians 2:5-6 (KJV)

Which Mind did He possess?

Last edited:

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
ὃς ἐν μορφῇ θεοῦ ὑπάρχων, οὐχ ἁρπαγμὸν ἡγήσατο τὸ εἶναι ἶσα θεῷ who which in the pattern of the God originating thereon, he didn't deem to seize a thing which is the equality to the God;

Last edited:

tomlapalm

Knight, I assume it is not technically possible to allow one to post on the Religion forum while restrict the same poster from the ECT forum?

So the rules devised for the ECT is only applied by those who willingly self regulate?

TomLaPalm

Big Dave

I have been reading the rules of this site, and this sub-forum. From what I have gathered, non-believers are still permitted to ask questions in it. Does this still stand, or has it been changed and I just missed the post?

Unfortunately, it's a "what do you believe" question, which I don't like asking people (I prefer to read and study on those types of questions), but I am having difficulty finding an answer to my question. It is not a trick/trap question, as I despise those.

genuineoriginal

I have been reading the rules of this site, and this sub-forum. From what I have gathered, non-believers are still permitted to ask questions in it. Does this still stand, or has it been changed and I just missed the post?

Unfortunately, it's a "what do you believe" question, which I don't like asking people (I prefer to read and study on those types of questions), but I am having difficulty finding an answer to my question. It is not a trick/trap question, as I despise those.

I would suggest you put the question in the Religion forum instead of the Exclusively Christian Theology forum.

Big Dave

I would suggest you put the question in the Religion forum instead of the Exclusively Christian Theology forum.

I can do that. The reason I wanted to ask in the ECT is it pertains to Jesus (Crucifixion to be exact), and I wanted to keep out as much "background noise" as possible.

tomlapalm

I can do that. The reason I wanted to ask in the ECT is it pertains to Jesus (Crucifixion to be exact), and I wanted to keep out as much "background noise" as possible.

Right, Big Dave, you can't have an adult Christian conversation without having to reiterate the basics repeatedly on ECT.

Cindy_Snipes

I'm brand new here, but I'd like to mention one other suggestion please. It's been my experience that Forums which allow for debates on Religion (or Politics)
always have a few who allow themselves to get carried away and before they know it, (they know! [emoji4])
ugly insults and terrible things are being said between people who should know better!
Anyway, just my 2 cents
worth of "Play Nice"
Thank You & God Bless!

exminister

Can Nagorata "curse" post be removed? If so remove this one as well. If not explain why this is tolerated. He is not of God. Just a glorified chain letter.

Cross Reference

I realize this is not going to make everyone happy but I have discussed this issue with the other TOL owners and here is the decision we have made regarding the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Originally when we decided to create this forum we wanted a place to discuss AND debate Christian theology without unbelievers distracting the debate with mindless comments like... "so... how did all the animals fit on the ark?" or... "the Bible has been translated so many times.... bla bla bla".
:dunce:

The "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum was never intended to be a place where there would be no debate..... and excluding those who think they are Christian based on our standard of Christianity excludes too many possible participants to promote healthy debate.

Therefore...
The new standard for the "Exclusively Christian Theology" is to allow anyone to post here who considers themselves to be Christian and considers the Bible to be inspired by God.

Yes that creates a much bigger tent, but that's a good thing for healthy debate!

So... if you consider yourself a Christian and you consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God then you are welcome to post in the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Furthermore...
We are also willing to let any other unbeliever or follower of another religion post here if they are honestly seeking an answer to a question or have constructive input to the discussion. In other words... if an atheist has a question about God and he asks it in an honest, upfront way we will gladly deal with that question without booting him out of the forum.

Said in short...
This particular forum will be dedicated to debating biblical issues without debating the legitimacy of the Bible itself.

There are plenty of other forums here at TOL for debating the legitimacy of the Bible.

And unlike morality the above rules and guidelines are very SUBJECTIVE so we ask that you honor our moderators requests if your input if out of line for this particular forum.

If you have any questions regarding these new guidelines please ask them on this thread.

The new rules should require everyone to post his religious affiliation more than simply stating he/she is a Christian but of an "other" stripe. I, for one, like to deal with honest people who aren't here under false pretenses.

PureX

The new rules should require everyone to post his religious affiliation more than simply stating he/she is a Christian but of an "other" stripe. I, for one, like to deal with honest people who aren't here under false pretenses.
The problem is that you want to judge everyone else's Christianity by your own standards, and then call anyone a who does't agree with your standards a "liar".

Too bad for you, because God did not appoint you the definer of Christianity, nor the decider of who is or is not a Christian. And as such, you're just going to have to live without that knowledge or authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.