ECT Which Gospel Preached During the Tribulation Period?

notreligus

Les Feldick, a Bible teacher whose programs are aired weekdays on most Ion Network stations, threw me a curve this morning. Maybe he's stated this before or perhaps it was supposed to be an assumption based on his mid-Acts leaning, but he said that the Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached during the Tribulation Period because when the Church is raptured the Gospel of Grace will have left with them. This is per Matthew 24, he says.

Most dispensationals, of all varieties, believe and/or teach a millennial kingdom to follow the Tribulation Period, so that seems to paint the dispensational position in general into that same corner, or does it?

Which Gospel do you believe will be preached during the Tribulation Period, the Grace or the Kingdom Gospel? Or, would you describe this some other way?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
there is only one gospel

no kingdom is mentioned in Revelation 20

the 1000 years is already history

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Les Feldick, a Bible teacher whose programs are aired weekdays on most Ion Network stations, threw me a curve this morning. Maybe he's stated this before or perhaps it was supposed to be an assumption based on his mid-Acts leaning, but he said that the Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached during the Tribulation Period because when the Church is raptured the Gospel of Grace will have left with them. This is per Matthew 24, he says.

Most dispensationals, of all varieties, believe and/or teach a millennial kingdom to follow the Tribulation Period, so that seems to paint the dispensational position in general into that same corner, or does it?

Which Gospel do you believe will be preached during the Tribulation Period, the Grace or the Kingdom Gospel? Or, would you describe this some other way?

There is only one gospel, and that is the gospel message proclaimed according to the Covenant of Grace. And that gospel is "everlasting." (Revelation 14:6)

Anyone who teaches that there are different gospels for different dispensations or times, is a false teacher.

Nang

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Anyone who teaches that there are different gospels for different dispensations or times, is a false teacher.
How about for different people?

Galatians 2:7 (New King James Version)
7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter

Whoa, say it ain't so, Paul! :shocked:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
There is only one gospel, the new testament. Now there are 4 gospels within it. But the new testament is the gospel of Christ.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Galatians 2:7 (New King James Version)
7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter

Whoa, say it ain't so, Paul! :shocked:

:wave:

Two different races, two different messengers and two different ministries . . . but only one gospel preached to both Jews and Gentiles. Galatians 3:26-29

HisServant

Well.. do we have any evidence that a different gospel was preached during the tribulation?.. nope.

So I am getting a kick out of this question.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I said
There is only one gospel, the new testament. Now there are 4 gospels within it. But the new testament is the gospel of Christ.

There are four accounts of the one gospel. And that gospel is of Christ crucified.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:waveTwo different races, two different messengers and two different ministries . . . but only one gospel preached to both Jews and Gentiles. Galatians 3:26-29

That's not what the verse says. :wave:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That's not what the verse says. :wave:

It is exactly what the verse says.

Peter is a different person than Paul.

The circumcised were a different nationality than the uncircumcised.

Peter and Paul were given different ministries to reach different kinds of people.

But Peter and Paul preached the same gospel to both.

Nang

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is exactly what the verse says. Peter is a different person than Paul. The circumcised were a different nationality than the uncircumcised. Peter and Paul were given different ministries to reach different kinds of people. But Peter and Paul preached the same gospel to both. Nang

Well, I'm no Greek scholar, but the English uses two definite articles before two differently described nouns. That makes the two nouns distinct objects.

If I say, "The green apple and the red apple" that means I most certainly have more than one apple. For your understanding to be justified the verse should read, 'the red and green apple - the gospel for the circumcised and the uncircumcised to Pater for the Jews and to Paul for the Gentiles.' But it doesn't say that.

So, unless you have a good reason why I should trust an alternative translation over the NKJV, I remain justified in believing there were two gospels.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
so how many dispensations are there
and
which gospel applies to each of them?

There have been different administrations of the one gospel message, down through time.

Noah was given a different ministry than Abraham, and Abraham was given a different ministry than Moses, and Moses was given a different ministry than King David, and King David was give a different ministry than Peter and Paul.

But all of these proclaimed the same, everlasting gospel promises, that were first given to Eve in the garden. (Genesis 3:15)

A "Seed" from woman, provided by God, would destroy the devil = Christ crucified. (See the fulfillment in Hebrews 2:14-15)

Nang

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Well, I'm no Greek scholar, but the English uses two definite articles before two differently described nouns. That makes the two nouns distinct objects.

Or, two distinct definitions that do not contradict each other.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Or, two distinct definitions that do not contradict each other.
"The <adj1> <noun1> and the <adj2> <noun1>" always refers to two distinct objects - as far as I'm aware.

Can you provide a sentence of this structure that refers to the same object?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
"The <adj1> <noun1> and the <adj2> <noun1>" always refers to two distinct objects - as far as I'm aware.

Can you provide a sentence of this structure that refers to the same object?

Heh?

The noun remains the same but the adjectives differ? How do you get two objects out of that?

If this approach were correct, you would not be able to define or teach the Trinity.

Nang

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The noun remains the same but the adjectives differ? How do you get two objects out of that?

Easy. "The red apple and the green apple". This sentence refers to two different objects even though the noun used (apple) is the same.

'The gospel to Peter and the gospel to Paul' refers to two different gospels.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Easy. "The red apple and the green apple". This sentence refers to two different objects even though the noun used (apple) is the same.

'The gospel to Peter and the gospel to Paul' refers to two different gospels.

There is no difference between the gospel given to Peter or the gospel given to Paul.

The only distinction made, defines the ministries of Peter and Paul.

If there are "red/green apples" in this example, they would describe and make distinction between Peter and Paul.

But both were disciples of the Christ crucified and both preached the Gospel of Grace.

Hi Nang,

You said,

There have been different administrations of the one gospel message, down through time.

Can you please outline what the "one gospel message" throughout time actually is? You continue,

Nang said:
Noah was given a different ministry than Abraham, and Abraham was given a different ministry than Moses, and Moses was given a different ministry than King David, and King David was give a different ministry than Peter and Paul.

What do you mean by "different ministry?" Let's try to stay on topic... What was Peter's minstry contrasted with Paul's minstry? Are you saying Peter and Paul preached the same gospel message? Are you implying that Peter, Paul, Noah, Moses and Abraham all preached / believed the same gospel? What would that be?

Nang said:
But all of these proclaimed the same, everlasting gospel promises, that were first given to Eve in the garden. (Genesis 3:15)

A "Seed" from woman, provided by God, would destroy the devil = Christ crucified. (See the fulfillment in Hebrews 2:14-15)

Nang

Please clarify here... If you evangelize an unsaved person, what do you tell tell them? What did you believe to become a member of the body of Christ? Please be specific...

Now, to open another can of worms... To answer the OP, we do have the gospel that was preached during the Tribulation. The Tribulation started on the Day of Pentecost and was suspended approximately 9 months later at the stoning of Stephen. After we clarify what you mean by "gospel" (good news?), we can dig into the Acts material and Peter's sermon at Pentecost.

God bless,

Jeremy