REPORT: TOL Statement of faith

Chris_J

That't the problem with you krisjans. You cant stand talking to someone of a different faith. You will just walk away or try to ban them on forums and facebook pages etc. No one says you have to like me, but you do have to respect me.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you
May Freyr/Freyja give you fertility and
May the ever watchful Heimdall alert you to any dangers headed your way

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred
I'm sorry, you're not unique, definitely not on TOL. You may have wanted to be scary Nordic man with ominous Thor and Odin references, or intimidate with unfriendly remarks, it's been seen in probably every Christian forum, usually results in a ban, not to avoid debate, more so boredom.

If you want to discuss an issue, start a thread or chime in on an existing topic, don't bash the TOL SoF, this is dumb.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You might want to sit back and consider some of the evidence against your system of belief. You may learn something.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

You're only in your twenties, it's a time of foolishness for you! Someday, you may even grow up!!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm sorry, you're not unique, definitely not on TOL. You may have wanted to be scary Nordic man with ominous Thor and Odin references, or intimidate with unfriendly remarks, it's been seen in probably every Christian forum, usually results in a ban, not to avoid debate, more so boredom.

If you want to discuss an issue, start a thread or chime in on an existing topic, don't bash the TOL SoF, this is dumb.

Good advise!

I am discussing an issue. The issue of your SoF. I am not bashing it but showing you evidence why your system of belief is wrong. And like I said earlier that's you krisjans not wanting to have an actual theological discussion. you would rather ignore/ban the person who has a different belief than you.

I am not trying to be a scary viking. I am what I am. None of what I say is said to be threatening or to incite fear in anyone. Just because my Gods are a race of warriors doesn't mean we are trying to kill everyone we see.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
um no it was not. you didnt use the correct tense of the word. hence the corrrection.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

I stand corrected! However, your aggressive manner (right out of the gate) will put you in hot water, right away! But, at least we'll have some fun with you!!

first off im in my late 20s second I have the knowledge of my forefathers. I am not an immature child. I am a mature, rational, logical man who happens to follow the Norse Tradition. Kristindomr could not give me what I needed spiritually and Asatru could. It's as simple as that

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I am discussing an issue. The issue of your SoF. I am not bashing it but showing you evidence why your system of belief is wrong. And like I said earlier that's you krisjans not wanting to have an actual theological discussion. you would rather ignore/ban the person who has a different belief than you.

I am not trying to be a scary viking. I am what I am. None of what I say is said to be threatening or to incite fear in anyone. Just because my Gods are a race of warriors doesn't mean we are trying to kill everyone we see.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

Entertain some more!!

How about stop being childish and have an actual theological discussion.

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
first off im in my late 20s second I have the knowledge of my forefathers. I am not an immature child. I am a mature, rational, logical man who happens to follow the Norse Tradition. Kristindomr could not give me what I needed spiritually and Asatru could. It's as simple as that

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

You meant to say, you're simple minded!! Just correcting your self-observation!! Hope you don't mind??

see this is exactly what I am talking about. You krisjans always have to do this. We pagan are simple minded? Why? Because we revere nature? Because we see the divine as plural? or is it just because that's all you can come up with to use against us when we don't swallow your religion hook, line, and sinker?

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
see this is exactly what I am talking about. You krisjans always have to do this. We pagan are simple minded? Why? Because we revere nature? Because we see the divine as plural? or is it just because that's all you can come up with to use against us when we don't swallow your religion hook, line, and sinker?

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

I perceive you're a whiner, as well! Not a good sign! Vikings are supposed to be rough and ready for battle! You on the other
hand, seem relatively weak and soft!

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I take it that you are not a John 14:6 believing, Romans 10:8-13 confessing born again/redeemed/washed in the blood of the lamb Christian.

Great insight Captain Obvious! What gave it away?

No I left the krisjan faith nearly 10 years ago

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred
The great insightful Captain Obvious here...

What gave it away? That Odin baloney.

My wisdom: Proverbs 3:5-6
My protection: Psalm 121:1-8
My fertility: is in the hands my Creator, the I AM, God himself
My Keeper: Psalm 23:1-6, Hebrews 13:5, Hebrews 13:8, is the King of Kings, the Lord of Glory, Jesus Christ, the living son of the living God

Hrothgar_Odinnsson, my you find peace as you would have it, the path you are leads to destuction, what you believe and follow I believe makes you a "Psycho Ceramic" - "Crack Pot"

Thomas the Psalmist: Psalmist I can't believe you posted this.
Psalmist: Thomas the Psalmist, I know, but I did.

It's "Think before click" time ... Here goes ... :geek: Click, send, post, posted.........

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Complete and utter nonsense.

Firstly, there are several hundred God/desses. Not just one. Monotheism is relatively new and can trace its origins to Zoroastrianism which first popped up in Persia.

Man has no need for salvation. Man is not inherently evil or flawed. Man simply is.

Jesus of Nazareth was never crucified, but rather a man closely resembling him was. Jesus took his pregnant wife Mary and fled to Gaul (the recently found pottery with his name on it in France). He was aided by the Roman authorities because the only thing he had done wrong is what today would be described as "criminal mischief". Since the Roman Governor could find not fault in the man, and yet the jews still wanted him dead, he aided his escape from the area.

As a historical document the bible is riddled with holes. In fact, it has more holes than swiss cheese. Lets take the first book for instance. In genesis after cain kills able he takes his wife and went to live in the land of Nod. Here is one of the first holes... Who is Cains wife? I suspect Cain ran off with Adam's first wife Lilith. Next, lets look into the life of your supposed savior. The first time we seethe Nazarene he is an infant, we then do not see him again until he is 12 in the temple. After which we don't see him again until he is 30. Now if you look in the gospel according to St. Thomas (which is not in the modern krisjan cannon thanks to the Council of Nicaea) we see Jesus as a 5 year old child. In one of the stories we see that Jesus is playing with another little boy. He apparently got angry with the boy he was playing with and shoved him off the roof of the house. When questioned Jesus claims he did no such thing and brought the boy back to life, who then proceeded to claim that he slipped off the roof.

There is no place of eternal damnation. No compassionate god would ever destroy one of his creations just because they didn't agree on philosophy. Nor will anyone be punished for having one belief and not another.

I am both a Henotheist and a Hard Polytheist. I believe that all gods recorded throughout history exist, however I hold on to the Gods of my ancestors.

1. Where is your evidence that any of this is true?
  2. You should capitalize personal pronouns, such as the names of countries, religious or ethnic groups and people. Also, Cain's brother was Abel, not "able." Just trying to be helpful.

I do believe that Theology is the belief in/ or the study of the divine. this is not a strictly krisjan notion. now if this was started by krisjans than the erred in naming the forum.
There was no error in the naming of the forum as the intent of the Christian who began this forum was to encourage debate over all theology. But it is still a Christian forum, in that it is run by Christians and biased toward Christianity.

That't the problem with you krisjans. You cant stand talking to someone of a different faith. You will just walk away or try to ban them on forums and facebook pages etc. No one says you have to like me, but you do have to respect me.
You will not be banned as long as you follow the rules.

However, some of your statements are blasphemous against Christianity because you stated them as fact and not just as something you believe.

Can you back this up regarding TOL?

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred
You can set up a signature line for this, so you don't have to type it out every time you post. And so people don't have to delete it with every post of yours they quote when they respond to you.

Chris_J

OK, fair enough.

My point is, this is a post from an admin, for users to read and understand, not necessarily agree with, definitely not to start a debate about, at least not HERE. This is like arguing outside a restaurant about the hours of operation or the no shoes, no shirt, no service sign. Either go in and order or find another place to eat, why are you outside screaming at the signage. If you have something to say, start a thread or chime in on an existing discussion, quit sweating the SoF, you don't have to believe it.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred
When will you start presenting your evidence? So far, I see some assertions, but no evidence.

Krsto

May Odin give you wisdom
May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
Fire and Ice Kindred

Oh cool, a Viking. Are you in any Led Zeppelin songs?